Steve Young on Wilson’s struggles

20 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Literally nobody is saying that. But it’s huge when you take that away that much experience 2 weeks before training camp.

The problem is Zach’s mechanics, something exactly what Knapp would be working on. Has nothing to do with the system he’s in or blocking. It’s like what Pep Hamilton was to Herbert. 

The mechanics piece is supposed to be at least close to being mastered before getting to the NFL, especially if you plan on starting the guy year 1. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Zach sucks because LaFleur, Zach sucks because Douglas, Zach sucks because the line sucks, Zach sucks because Knapp died.

Reality check folks-Zach sucks because he sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Same hallow arguments made to explain why Sanchez, Geno & Darnold sucked.  In a couple of weeks, if Zack continues on this trajectory, the "he needs more time" folks will start to dissipate.

4 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Who TF is Steve young to be revered as this omniscient QB guru with all things football? 

He has an opinion and has played in the pioneering version of this WC offense 30 years ago with different athletes and rules in play. He’s now nothing more than another talking head for ESPN now and should be taken as such.

He was considered a bust himself in Tampa until he was forced to sit, watch, and learn behind #16 Cool Joe CaM(el)ontana. 

I appreciate Jets football talk, but let’s stop with the ball washing of a lefty Mormon as if his words were law and the death of a QB coach as the determining factor as to why this team is poor in quality. 

The loss of Knapp is a shame, but like in life, you QUIT making excuses and move on. They brought in Crap Cavanaugh, and could have brought in plenty of other “experienced” coaches for the QB but decided otherwise and didn’t, so this is what they get. Jets have no one to blame for themselves, so cut the sad violins with the loss of Knapp; his death is a shame but there’s a reason je was never a successful OC (SF, Atlx2, Oak, Sea, Den) or even a HC in the NFL. 

Plenty of other qualified coaches?? 2 weeks before training camp??? Lol. Love how there’s magically just a plethora of good coaches waiting to be hired. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man just be human and look inside these guys are the same as you and me man tragedy sucks.

Yeah, and life DICTATES you fücking suck it up and keep marching ahead. Being human is the common denominator, getting your shįt together and quit making excuses because you have a job to do despite horrible/difficult “emotional” circumstances is also part of being human. Some just aren’t good as others in forging ahead despite circumstances. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Hmmm listen to Steve young. HOF QB orrr 92ShaunEllis….this is tough…

Thank you for demonstrating your weak argument with this poor reply and your sheep mentality. 

The smart thing to do is listen to neither since they’re merely subjective opinions based on a hypothetical no one has the answer to. Thanks for the typing exercise. Lol ?

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Ok so if I had to chose my talking points from you or Steve Young HOF QB who mastered the offense we play, who would I choose?  Decisions decisions.

Since when do we run the West Coast offense?   If that's what LaFleur thinks he's doing he might be a bigger sap than I already think.   Have we run one quick slant?  lol  No friggin' way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Ok so if I had to chose my talking points from you or Steve Young HOF QB who mastered the offense we play, who would I choose?  Decisions decisions.

Your answer is in the 2nd paragraph.

? take their talking points from others. lol 

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Thank you for demonstrating your weak argument with this poor reply and your sheep mentality. 

The smart thing to do is listen to neither since they’re merely subjective opinions based on a hypothetical no one has the answer to. Thanks for the typing exercise. Lol ?

You can also simply ignore the posts you disagree with. If you think I’m wrong, fair enough ?

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Plenty of other qualified coaches?? 2 weeks before training camp??? Lol. Love how there’s magically just a plethora of good coaches waiting to be hired. 

Agree with you 100 per cent.

On top of that, he ridicules Steve Young, a Hall of Fame QB, because he doesnt agree with his opinion?  The guy has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about football.   If Youngs opinion doesnt count, is there anybody more qualified than Young on this board whose opinions should be considered?  

And who in the NFL has opinions that we should consider and respect?

• WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yes. He should be perfect when comes to the nfl. My bad. 

No one said perfect but if he is struggling with his mechanics on swing passes he wasn’t ready to start. There just isn’t enough practice time anymore to work on this stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s just way too early to say crap like this. Just ask my good friend @Jetsfan80 about Josh Allen. The misses on what should be easy passes is concerning, but then he whips a pass 50 yards from one side of the field to the other in a perfect strike on that PI to Moore. I mean, I don’t know if we’ve had a QB who could get that ball close enough for the penalty to even be called, but that was either a penalty or a TD. I’m willing to give the kid some time while the game slows down for him. Hoping this is a good time for a bye. 

definitely a good time for the bye.  the patsies are up next and while it'll be a tough game brady's not there and they did get to jones pretty good.  but you are right.  it's way too early to point at this guy or that guy.  even van roten has shown that he gets better as the season goes on and he's kind of opposite fant, bad in pass good in run vs bad in run and good in pass.  the thing too is we'll soon find out if all of the ire is justified.  for this season it's not just about the wins.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Your answer is in the 2nd paragraph.

? take their talking points from others. lol 

You can also simply ignore the posts you disagree with. If you think I’m wrong, fair enough ?

The reason why I’m replying is because I don’t think there is a right or wrong here we are talking about a tragedy and raw human emotion.  Maybe it’s not messing with Wilson, but maybe it’s messing with his direct coaches who loved the guy and are having a tough time teaching this kid properly right now?  I don’t have the answer(s).

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

On top of that, he ridicules Steve Young, a Hall of Fame QB, because he doesnt agree with his opinion?  The guy has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about football.   If Youngs opinion doesnt count, is there anybody more qualified than Young on this board whose opinions should be considered?  

steve young is a BAD analyst. 
my point was already made by another poster in this thread:

37 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I love Steve Young. He was my favorite QB while I was growing up. But as an analyst, I've never been super impressed with him. He seems to try to come with different takes, and then his support for those takes sometimes is head scratching. 

This is why you’re a fool if you take Young’s NFL analysis as always correct and verbatim. Lol 

agree to disagree on how much credibility to extend to Steve Young when it comes to his opinion. :-) 

• Upvote 1

Again-Peyton Manning convinced us to hire Adam Gase. Ron Jaworski was all over Mark Sanchez’s nuts. I don’t even need to go on beyond that because there’s literally hundreds of former players on record supporting what would turn out to be bums. Steve Young is supporting a fellow alumni, it’s the only reason he has any interest in him at all. Of course he’s going to say optimistic things. If Zach Wilson sh*ts himself out of the league it’s no skin off Young’s back.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Again-Peyton Manning convinced us to hire Adam Gase. Ron Jaworski was all over Mark Sanchez’s nuts. I don’t even need to go on beyond that because there’s literally hundreds of former players on record supporting what would turn out to be bums. Steve Young is supporting a fellow alumni, it’s the only reason he has any interest in him at all. Of course he’s going to say optimistic things. If Zach Wilson sh*ts himself out of the league it’s no skin off Young’s back.

Young might ever see a likeness of Joseph Smith is Zack's excrement.  

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The reason why I’m replying is because I don’t think there is a right or wrong here we are talking about a tragedy and raw human emotion.  Maybe it’s not messing with Wilson, but maybe it’s messing with his direct coaches who loved the guy and are having a tough time teaching this kid properly right now?  I don’t have the answer(s).

With all due respect. I see that as such a Bïtch a$s Bùllshįt excuse. 

If you’re a Professinal, act like one. I don’t buy that they’re “having a tough time teaching this kid properly right now” due to emotional loss? That’s a weak pûssy’s argument looking for a scapegoat. We disagree and no one has the answer

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Lol. He’s not even saying optimistic things!! Listen to it! He’s telling us what he’s going through and why he is. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I appreciate Jets football talk, but let’s stop with the ball washing of a lefty Mormon as if his words were law and the death of a QB coach as the determining factor as to why this team is poor in quality. 

So this kind of political referencing and religion-bashing is cool here? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Andy Reid sat Patrick Mahomes on the bench for a year to clean up all the rookie sh*t that Zach Wilson is trying to clean up on the job. All I can say is that Saleh and LaFleur better not screw it up.

And Mahomes has more talent in a finger than Wilson has at all. You’re right, Zach should be sitting…… in a McDonalds cooking fries.

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

The most Jets thing ever would be to have a talented, promising young qb who never reached his potential because his coach died in a bicycling accident.

Larry David couldn't even make that sh*t up

So true, that was the plan for this kid as his family didn’t want him to go to NY and Young and the Jets made the move for Knapp and ML. Was the old death blow. 

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Oh ok so Zach Wilson is depressed...that's the theory?

Come on man, this was his guy on the sideline and ML would be in the booth. Knapp would be in ZW’s ear also drawing up plays to ZW’s strength. Say what you want but just look at a the QB’s he has worked with. Jets need to bring someone in not Matt C. They will make a hire for Wilson next year.

12 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

So this kind of political referencing and religion-bashing is cool here? 

Where is there a reference to politics or me bashing a religion? You illiterate or just obtuse? 

Young is a Mormon. Fact. 
Young is left-handed. Fact. 

Are you so dense that your own narrative and “colors” are showing by how you interpret my post?

please refrain from replying to me. What a clown?

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1