JETS Want a 3rd Rd Pick for Maye

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

You need two to tango. Can't blame JD if no one wanted Marcus Maye enough.

That's an assumption on your part.  Did he reach out?  Asked too much for him?  Afraid to pull the trigger?  

Fact is that JD is not the wheeling/dealing type.  He's like Freddy Corleone in the boat with Al Neri reciting the "Hail Mary" hoping someone will bite.

tumblr_mlsy7r5Zi61s9816mo1_500.gifv

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You need two to tango. Can't blame JD if no one wanted Marcus Maye enough.

Yup.  I don't thnk there were more than 3 or 4 trades around the League today.  Never a lot of activity in the NFL at the deadline.  No reason to kill JD for a trade he didn't make, especially when it was so quiet around the league.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

That's an assumption on your part.  Did he reach out?  Asked too much for him?  Afraid to pull the trigger?  

Fact is that JD is not the wheeling/dealing type.  He's like Freddy Corleone in the boat with Al Neri reciting the "Hail Mary" hoping someone will bite.

The heck you talking about? Douglas wins every trade he makes. He got a 4th rd pick for Chris Herndon for Christ’s sake. He’s not giving Maye away for free 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

The heck you talking about? Douglas wins every trade he makes. He got a 4th rd pick for Chris Herndon for Christ’s sake. He’s not giving Maye away for free 

Why are you assuming he'd need to give Maye away for free?   And wow, a fourth round pick?  That should turn things around.

Face it.  JD is a lightweight GM.   I don't want it to be true.  But it is.

• Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I don't thnk there were more than 3 or 4 trades around the League today.  Never a lot of activity in the NFL at the deadline.  NO reason to kill JD for a trade he didn't make, especially when it was so quiet around the league.

Maye will continue to help the team and play balls out for the rest of the season to earn the best contract he can possibly get in free agency, and that in turn will get the Jets -maybe- a fourth or fifth round comp pick in 2023. And if it’s gonna be a decent pick, JD will make sure he acquires it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Why are you assuming he'd need to give Maye away for free?   And wow, a fourth round pick?  That should turn things around.

We will see on the lightweight thing. So many of JDs picks showed up just 2 days ago, and he might seriously be one of the best trade negotitators ever, so not sure why people are down on JD. One of the big criticisms of JD has been that we don't have an adequate backup QB. It's one game but how is that concept holding up?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Wit said:

As much as I appreciate your happy gifs, this is a bad take. Maye is a team leader and would affect team chemistry if traded for a bag of balls. 

As I told someone else, why are you assuming it was for a "bag of balls".   Maybe if JD had orchestrated a deal weeks or months ago we'd have realized something significant.  But, of course, that never occurred.  

And to call Maye a team leader is a huge stretch and irrelevant right now.  Our team is going nowhere, with or without Maye.   Why not get anything for Maye?  It's better than nothing.  But don't worry, Maye will be gone of his own volition when he becomes a free agent and we get zilch.

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

So anyone else is an assumption, and you know facts?  

Good to know.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Now that's an assumption on your part. If anything, JD has shown he is quite active in the trade department.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I don't thnk there were more than 3 or 4 trades around the League today.  Never a lot of activity in the NFL at the deadline.  No reason to kill JD for a trade he didn't make, especially when it was so quiet around the league.

Unless, of course, you hate everything JD does and doesn't do.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You're contradicting yourself here. In one breath, you're implying that getting anything for Maye would've been good, and in the next you're denigrating the acquisition of a 4th round pick for Herndon.

Like, what would've made you happy here?

Apparently the Jets wanted a 3rd for Maye, but no one wanted to give that up. With JD's history, I'd wager that if he could've gotten that done, it'd be done.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As I told someone else, why are you assuming it was for a "bag of balls".   Maybe if JD had orchestrated a deal weeks or months ago we'd have realized something significant.  But, of course, that never occurred.  

And to call Maye a team leader is a huge stretch and irrelevant right now.  Our team is going nowhere, with or without Maye.   Why not get anything for Maye?  It's better than nothing.  But don't worry, Maye will be gone of his own volition when he becomes a free agent and we get zilch.

He literally has a “surprise” dui arrest pending. It’s not so simple. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

We’ve already equaled last years win total.  We have a HC who I personally think is an inspiration and doing all the right things (JD hire).  He’s completely cleaned up the cap and his 2021 draft could be special.  Won every trade he’s made so far. Not perfect but ship is turning.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Wut?  The problem w/JD is definitely NOT his trades, which have been respectable.  It's his drafts.  The FA acquisitions have been nothing to brag about either.  Trades the least of his issues.

Again, maybe if I bold words?  THERE HAVE NOT BEEN ENOUGH OF THEM.  WE NEED LOTS OF PLAYERS IN MANY, MANY POSITIONS.  WE ALSO HAVE A BUNCH OF JAGS WHO SHOULD GET TRADED BEFORE THEY ARE EITHER RELEASED OR GO THE FREE AGENT ROUTE.

ALL YOU FOLKS ON THE JD BUS ARE FREE TO BELIEVE THAT HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB.  I DO NOT.  WE ARE GOING INTO THREE YEARS OF THIS TEAM LOOKING LIKE DOG SHYTE WITH THE PROSPECT OF AGAIN LOSING 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 GAMES.   SOME OF YOU ARE OPKAY WITH THIS.  OTHERS WELCOME THE LOSING AND INEPTITUDE AS PART OF THE PROCESS.   ONCE AGAIN, I DO NOT.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

We’ve already equaled last years win total.  We have a HC who I personally think is an inspiration and doing all the right things (JD hire).  He’s completely cleaned up the cap and his 2021 draft could be special.  Won every trade he’s made so far. Not perfect but ship is turning.

So you're happy with how things are going and JD's performance?  Two wins is enough to cement his legacy?  LMFAO!  Okay, enjoy the rest of the JD ride.   He'll be out of here soon enough.   Not for me, but for most.

They needed a 1st round pick if this was going to happen.

His veteran presence and leadership has helped make this secondary over achieve where we all thought that they would be a huge burden on the team this year. He may not be worth a 1st on the market, but he is to us and probably was to JD. 

Who do you replace him with? You just wind up hurting the teams growth and development doing this mid season. The chance of a 3rd rounder replacing him is foolish to think of. 

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Again, maybe if I bold words?  THERE HAVE NOT BEEN ENOUGH OF THEM.  WE NEED LOTS OF PLAYERS IN MANY, MANY POSITIONS.  WE ALSO HAVE A BUNCH OF JAGS WHO SHOULD GET TRADED BEFORE THEY ARE EITHER RELEASED OR GO THE FREE AGENT ROUTE.

ALL YOU FOLKS ON THE JD BUS ARE FREE TO BELIEVE THAT HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB.  I DO NOT.  WE ARE GOING INTO THREE YEARS OF THIS TEAM LOOKING LIKE DOG SHYTE WITH THE PROSPECT OF AGAIN LOSING 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 GAMES.   SOME OF YOU ARE OPKAY WITH THIS.  OTHERS WELCOME THE LOSING AND INEPTITUDE AS PART OF THE PROCESS.   ONCE AGAIN, I DO NOT.

L0ts of problems with the above as evidenced by the all caps.  First, not enough trades?  The entire NFL has few trades.  I didn't research it, but I'll bet the Jets are not at the bottom of the league in trade quantity.  Second, jags generally can't be traded, and when they are it's usually for a conditional 6th or the like.  JD has done some of that IIRC and frankly it doesn't matter much.  What's important is whether or not the 1st round QB, OL's and 2nd round WRs, both of them, pan out.  That's 5 critical picks.  Not one has hit big yet.  A couple are looking bad. I'm not worry about him trading jags for low picks.  I'm worried he doesn't evaluate talent well.  

And then there is free agency.  Just put the gun to my temple and pull the trigger because of those.  Draft and FA are the telltale.  Trades are just eccentric one-time maneuvers that don't always work.  How has Mack helped Chicago?  

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

So you're happy with how things are going and JD's performance?  Two wins is enough to cement his legacy?  LMFAO!  Okay, enjoy the rest of the JD ride.   He'll be out of here soon enough.   Not for me, but for most.

I am very happy with how things are going. Truly.  

We don’t have to do that Twitter thing where one side is all wrong and the other all right. 

We’ve have the highest rookie snaps in the league and have shown there’s enough talent to knock off ANY team in the NFL on a given Sunday, but have also looked like absolute garbage.

I think our HC is a zen master, not some fake Phil Jackson appropriating Native American peyote zen- like the dude is genuine and smart, connects with players while still having a wider perspective. Hand picked by JD.

We have no bad contracts. $30 mill of Macs dead money comes off the books this year. Because of JD.

He drafted a possible FQB who is oozing with talent and the right attitude.  He’s drafted two first round OL, in his first two drafts.  He gets where this game is won. 

He’s won every trade.

It takes big ships a long time to change course. Years, for a terribly run 5 billion dollar organization.

Much of it will come down to Zach’s development, but highly drafted QB’s are a coin flip. But JD has done everything he can to put the resources in the right places increasing the odds for long term success. 

I have put the blinders on for every GM we’ve had. Maybe I’m doing it now. But I really don’t think so this time. I think we are one off season away to sustained success. 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, bunch of other picks. Cap space. Virtually no dead money. Talented ascending players getting seasoned.  I am truly optimistic.

Because of JD.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I am very happy with how things are going. Truly.  

We don’t have to do that Twitter thing where one side is all wrong and the other all right. 

We’ve have the highest rookie snaps in the league and have shown there’s enough talent to knock off ANY team in the NFL on a given Sunday, but have also looked like absolute garbage.

I think our HC is a zen master, not some fake Phil Jackson appropriating Native American peyote zen- like the dude is genuine and smart, connects with players while still having a wider perspective. Hand picked by JD.

We have no bad contracts. $30 mill of Macs dead money comes off the books this year. Because of JD.

He drafted a possible FQB who is oozing with talent and the right attitude.  He’s drafted two first round OL, in his first two drafts.  He gets where this game is won. 

He’s won every trade.

It takes big ships a long time to change course. Years, for a terribly run 5 billion dollar organization.

Much of it will come down to Zach’s development, but highly drafted QB’s are a coin flip. But JD has done everything he can to put the resources in the right places increasing the odds for long term success. 

I have put the blinders on for every GM we’ve had. Maybe I’m doing it now. But I really don’t think so this time. I think we are one off season away to sustained success. 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, bunch of other picks. Cap space. Virtually no dead money. Talented ascending players getting seasoned.  I am truly optimistic.

Because of JD.

Not to mention he saw something in white . Who the hell saw that. Our front office that is who ...good job

• Sympathy 1