Gruden is suing Goodell and the NFL...

Beerfish

On 11/12/2021 at 1:03 PM, Beerfish said:

as per a tsn report.  Says they essentially ran a targeted smear campaign against him and only him and when he did not resign right away they threatened to dig up more stuff on him.

I'm not a particular fan of Gruden but I loath Goodell and his tin pot empire and hope the doors are thrown wide open and we see these hundreds of thousands of emails.

Good for him! They made gruden look terrible.

I hope he gets paid!

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I assume you know how these high profile multimillionaire owners will fight a lawsuit like this. By not actually going to trial or even getting to discovery. 

Nobody wants to see any of those potentially damning or embarrassing emails see the light of day. 

Gruden will get paid handsomely. As he should. 

My dude, of the two of us, only one has ever literally represented one of those high profile multimillionaire owners, and it isn't you.

Sit down.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

My dude, of the two of us, only one has ever literally represented one of those high profile multimillionaire owners, and it isn't you.

Sit down.

Hahahaaaaaa I’ve done over $4 billion of financings in my career and I’ve seen my fair share of CEO’s with REALLY bad skeletons in their closet. 

The lawsuit will never see the light of day. 

Neither will the settlement. 

And it will be massive. 

Piss off with your childish “sit down” nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Biggs said:

It’s in the NFL interest to settle.  It gives them cover to destroy the emails of people they want to protect and get to shut him up and make him go away.  

The case will be dismissed. Unless Gruden can allege that the NFL had some duty to him to keep the emails private, which he hasn't done in the current version of his complaint, it's never even getting to discovery. And even if it does, there are these lovely things called "protective orders" that make it contempt of court to use sensitive information you obtained in discovery outside of the confines of the litigation.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahaaaaaa I’ve done over $4 billion of financings in my career and I’ve seen my fair share of CEO’s with REALLY bad skeletons in their closet. 

The lawsuit will never see the light of day. 

Neither will the settlement. 

And it will be massive. 

Piss off with your childish “sit down” nonsense. 

1) Sure you have.

2) No, I'm being literal here, I've actually been the attorney for NFL team owners.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The case will be dismissed. Unless Gruden can allege that the NFL had some duty to him to keep the emails private, which he hasn't done in the current version of his complaint, it's never even getting to discovery. And even if it does, there are these lovely things called "protective orders" that make it contempt of court to use sensitive information you obtained in discovery outside of the confines of the litigation.

Does Gruden have a path to keep it alive?  Does he need discovery? If he saved his old emails his inbox probably has the goods.   

10 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Does Gruden have a path to keep it alive?  Does he need discovery? If he saved his old emails his inbox probably has the goods.   

Not based on what he pled, no. You don't get to discovery without a theoretically viable claim, and even if everything he said in the complaint were true - meaning even if the NFL decided to leak his emails to distract the media - that still wouldn't be a basis to rule in his favor. There's literally no law against that

• 6 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 1:18 PM, Charlie Brown said:

And Gruden should!

What the NFL did to Gruden was malicious and targeted. 

However, Gruden can't sue for say liable because the things that came out about Gruden were true!  But the  NFL stinks here!  The Snyder and gang get off with a fine and slap on the wrist but Gruden is estially banned from the NFL!

Sue yes but win maybe not so much....

It is a joke!

Interesting factoid: Truth is not a defense against libel in Japan.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thanks

Wow... I didn't know that!

I have actually traveled to Japan many times.  What is the defense then?

If you "shame" someone publicly there really isn't one. From what I understand though libel damages in Japan are not the insane amounts we see here.

• Upvote 1