heres how the jets become a winning organization again

1 minute ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

10, and what do you mean Gruden coached a team to a Superbowl something the Jets have not done since 1969 a year many of people on this board weren't even born yet.

Let's recap:

Gruden was hired after the TB went to the league championship game twice in a row. The TB Bucs owners, no stranger to claims of racism, hired Gruden and Gruden won a SB with that team. He never won any other title. Never won a title with Oakland.

So, if you're expecting Gruden to win with the Jets , you'd have to first get them to get to the Championship game and then hire Gruden, who maybe could bring them the rest of the way. Only he's a racist and that eliminates him from consideration, for non-racists anyway.

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

A racist exposing racism. Right out of the MSNBC playbook. 

Well done. 

Please, don't call me a racist. I have avoided labelling you that way.

Or if you're going to call me a racist, say why you think I am. Just namecalling is beneath civil discourse, 

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Let's recap:

Gruden was hired after the TB went to the league championship game twice in a row. The TB Bucs owners, no stranger to claims of racism, hired Gruden and Gruden won a SB with that team. He never won any other title. Never won a title with Oakland.

So, if you're expecting Gruden to win with the Jets , you'd have to first get them to get to the Championship game and then hire Gruden, who maybe could bring them the rest of the way. Only he's a racist and that eliminates him from consideration, for non-racists anyway.

So your saying Gruden contributed nothing to that Superbowl season?  This is laughable, call the man a racist all you want but don't even compare Saleh to him in the same sentence.  The man won a Superbowl as head coach Saleh will never sniff a superbowl or a winning season, if he weren't a racist any true Jets fan would take him over Saleh any day.  If you can't see that Saleh is a bufoon in the 1st ten games as a head coach, you are oblivious.

Just now, pleasefireSelahnow said:

So your saying Gruden contributed nothing to that Superbowl season?  This is laughable, call the man a racist all you want but don't even compare Saleh to him in the same sentence.  The man won a Superbowl as head coach Saleh will never sniff a superbowl or a winning season, if he weren't a racist any true Jets fan would take him over Saleh any day.

I'm saying I don't respect the job he did and I don't respect his views.

• Upvote 1

"if he weren't a racist any true Jets fan would take him over Saleh any day."

BUT HE IS A RACIST!!

And lets be clear, a lot more Jets fans than I'm comfortable would hire him anyway, even though he ain't won sh!t beyond the one SB with Tony Dungy's team BECAUSE he's a racist.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Draft a high impact QB and give him a chance to develop.

It really is that simple.

You need a good coach to develop him, we already tried this twice and Gase ruined Darnold, now Saleh is ruining Wilson.  It can't be possible that we have the worst luck in the world and just keep wasting the wrong picks on Qb's.  You have to develop these quarterbacks.

1 minute ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

So lets just stick to hiring crap coaches because they are so called upstanding citizens, next coach we hire lets recruit him from the boy scouts.  Think he is the one to lead us to the superbowl.

Gruden IS a crap coach, is what I'm saying. AND there's the notion that Saleh hasn't done anything to lose the job at 2-7.

• Upvote 1

Just now, phill1c said:

Gruden IS a crap coach, is what I'm saying. AND there's the notion that Saleh hasn't done anything to lose the job at 2-7.

Hes 2-8, have you watched the game today?  So your saying not being to call a timeout in a crucial game situation and letting your Quarterback get hit 5 times after the refs blowing the whitstle 200 times isn't something to lose a job about?  Don't pay attention at your job and see how fast you lose your job.

2 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

You need a good coach to develop him, we already tried this twice and Gase ruined Darnold, now Saleh is ruining Wilson.  It can't be possible that we have the worst luck in the world and just keep wasting the wrong picks on Qb's.  You have to develop these quarterbacks.

Nah..

ZW has played 5 weeks and he was progressing.  Wilson's going to be good...and therefor Saleh will be too...

I know Jet fans are lacking in patience and I get it - but this is going to work out, just a year or two away..

• Upvote 2

Hes 2-8, have you watched the game today?  So your saying not being to call a timeout in a crucial game situation and letting your Quarterback get hit 5 times after the refs blowing the whitstle 200 times isn't something to lose a job about?  Don't pay attention at your job and see how fast you lose your job.

I'm sure if you looked at any coach at 2-8 they aren't as good as they are going to be, Gruden, Belicheck included. 

I'm not sold on Saleh but Gruden wouldn't be an upgrade in my opinion, based on my own principles and the lack of any really signficant winning since the SB victory.

Just now, phill1c said:

I'm sure if you looked at any coach at 2-8 they aren't as good as they are going to be, Gruden, Belicheck included. 

I'm not sold on Saleh but Gruden wouldn't be an upgrade in my opinion, based on my own principles and the lack of any really signficant winning since the SB victory.

Gruden can definately call a timeout with the playclock expiring in a crucial game situation I bet you that, so right there he is already a upgrade over this bufoon.

Gruden can definately call a timeout with the playclock expiring in a crucial game situation I bet you that, so right there he is already a upgrade over this bufoon.

please, every coach makes rookie mistakes when they are a rookie.

I've literally heard the same argument against every Jets first-year head coach.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Gruden sucks donkey balls.  This thread has gone sideways.  The OP is a troll and needs to leave.  I'd give JD and Saleh a ten-year contract extensions today.  Rex was right.  He's got a great plan for the Jets.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rex-ryan-talked-robert-saleh-155355547.html

Hahahahah you want to give a coach who is 2-8 a 10 year contract extension and are saying a coach who has won a superbowl something we have not done in over 50 years sucks donkey balls?  And im the troll?

3 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Hahahahah you want to give a coach who is 2-8 a 10 year contract extension and are saying a coach who has won a superbowl something we have not done in over 50 years sucks donkey balls?  And im the troll?

What was Jimmy Johnson's record his first year?  Bill Parcells?  Bill Walsh?  You have zero knowledge and even less integrity to offer an opinion.

You're gas lighting.  Starts an alt account to spew your venom.  Suck a bag of dicks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

What was Jimmy Johnson's record his first year?  Bill Parcells?  Bill Walsh?  You have zero knowledge and even less integrity to offer an opinion.

You're gas lighting.  Starts an alt account to spew your venom.  Suck a bag of dicks.

No I am just a frustrated Jets fan venting my opinion you people gaslighted this thread starting with racist banter,because I suggested the Jets hire a coach who is allegedly racist or someone else who is as qualified as him, and I called out a black coach for sucking at his job and turning this into a racial thread and demanding the Jets hire better.   Comparing Selah to Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells is laughable.  You can forget about records and just see this bufoon coach to know he sucks at his job.

2 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Money talks offer a 10 year 100 million dollar contract to a stud coach and see what happens.

After a 10 year 100 mil deal and 5 years, he wins absolutely nothing and is forced to resign in a total embarrassment of a situation and never will return to the NFL?

Thats the model?

19 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

This year was never about the record.  Get over Gruden, he screwed the Raiders and is the last thing we need.  Are you a Raider fan?  Seems like it