heres how the jets become a winning organization again

11 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

No I am just a frustrated Jets fan venting my opinion you people gaslighted this thread starting with racist banter,because I suggested the Jets hire a coach who is allegedly racist or someone else who is as qualified as him, and I called out a black coach for sucking at his job and turning this into a racial thread and demanding the Jets hire better.   Comparing Selah to Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells is laughable.  You can forget about records and just see this bufoon coach to know he sucks at his job.

Go awaaaaay

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

They stop hiring no name idiots like Bowles and Saleh, and give Gruden or a proven winner any money to come here and turn this laughing stock around, Gruden may be a racist but he builds winners.   IF anyone can't see that Saleh is not a good coach you are oblivious, anyone on this forum can coach this team better than this bufoon, look at all the bad penaltys this team takes, the blown coverages for 60+ yards, and not being able to call a time out in crucial game situations.

Yeah, we've been over that.  It ain't happening. 

56 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

So your saying Gruden contributed nothing to that Superbowl season?  This is laughable, call the man a racist all you want but don't even compare Saleh to him in the same sentence.  The man won a Superbowl as head coach Saleh will never sniff a superbowl or a winning season, if he weren't a racist any true Jets fan would take him over Saleh any day.  If you can't see that Saleh is a bufoon in the 1st ten games as a head coach, you are oblivious.

Grudens 1st year in Oakland, taking over a 6 win team, he won 4 games.  

A number Saleh has more than a chance of reaching.  How is that?  With all that experience, that SB ring and a Raiders roster that had a lot better chance of winning than this group of developing kids. 

6 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

This is exactly why the Jets will never be in the super bowl in our lifetimes, the fans keep accepting mediocrity from ownership, and choose peoples morals over winning. 

Jon Gruden literally resigned, and would have been fired, because of the things he said. And he's the guy you're saying should be our next HC. We are choosing people's morals over winning because history has proven if you can get a guy who can keep the locker room you have a bigger chance of winning

3 hours ago, RobR said:

Why do the mods or this site allow new users to start new threads? Simple solution is you have to have 50 or 100 posts before you can start a thread. This place has turned into a sewer with all of the previous banned trolls starting threads, why not go with the simple solution.

Did you not see my plea for help?

We are in Cleveland Brown territory. We are a last resort destination for FAs. Want to be relevant again? Ditch the “we only want high character guys” mantra and bring in the slugs, turds, and jerks of the NFL to offer them a change at rehabilitation. Only way we are getting talent. Embrace a bad boys identity.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

We are in Cleveland Brown territory. We are a last resort destination for FAs. Want to be relevant again? Ditch the “we only want high character guys” mantra and bring in the slugs, turds, and jerks of the NFL to offer them a change at rehabilitation. Only way we are getting talent. Embrace a bad boys identity.

stupid.

There are plenty of winning teams without poor character guys. In fact, poor character guys make for a poor character team. Poor character rubs off and not in a good way.

Focus on getting talented, good character guys. It's not smart to go for guys who will likely run afoul of the rules, which is the epitome of "bad character".

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

This is exactly why the Jets will never be in the super bowl in our lifetimes, the fans keep accepting mediocrity from ownership, and choose peoples morals over winning. 

12 years. 0 playoff appearances. Really only 2 entertaining seasons during that timeframe were you didn’t feel horrible watching this team (2013, 2015). And we somehow are worse than last season 

But this fanbase needs even more patience!

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

stupid.

There are plenty of winning teams without poor character guys. In fact, poor character guys make for a poor character team. Poor character rubs off and not in a good way.

Focus on getting talented, good character guys. It's not smart to go for guys who will likely run afoul of the rules, which is the epitome of "bad character".

Rubbish. Even Bill Belichick has signed and drafted thugs over the years

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

stupid.

So your strategy is hope JD becomes the best drafting GM of all time. Smart lol.

3 minutes ago, Namath99 said:

Rubbish. Even Bill Belichick has signed and drafted thugs over the years

When FAs don’t want to come you have two choices: massively overpay or give dudes about to retire one last money grab. Bring on the thugs I say.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

You've confused me with a person who cares about maintaining your fandom. Plus, how old do you think I am. I would be 98.

Yes I know this trick we learned it first day of law school. When your argument blows, get personal and play for the jury.

Just now, jgb said:

When FAs don’t want to come you have two choices: massively overpay or give dudes about to retire one last money grab. Bring on the thugs I say.

After Brick retired the following year Andrew Whitworth was UFA.  Did we even make the guy an offer? Nope

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Namath99 said:

Google Blount.  He’s a real Boy Scout in the Patriot Way

Real bad character guys are not wanted because most of them are not good: it takes GOOD character to be successful in most endeavors. And, really, winning teams don't like off-field b.s. because it takes focus away from execution.

Now, for me, I don't think the Jets should go for all Milquetoast team, but "bad character"? no. Get players with talent, and common sense.

4 minutes ago, Namath99 said:

After Brick retired the following year Andrew Whitworth was UFA.  Did we even make the guy an offer? Nope

Every team is looking for “high IQ high character football guys.” If you can’t compete, time to play Moneyball and look for hidden value.