How many wins do the Jets finish with?

AFJF

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I see us finishing 6-11.  So we will triple our win total from last year.  A truly tremendous accomplishment with a rookie coaching staff, rookie qb and the youngest roster in the league.

The future is bright for the New York Jets fellas.  Enjoy the ride!

So, another 11 loss season under JD is a "tremendous accomplishment"?   Another season out of the playoffs?

Sorry, I can't get to that mindset.  

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

So, another 11 loss season under JD is a "tremendous accomplishment"?   Another season out of the playoffs?

Sorry, I can't get to that mindset.  

Its not that difficult.  When Darnold was deemed unsalvageable, Woody and Joe decided the best thing to do was start over at coach, qb and the entire roster.  What do you think the expectations were for this season?

The Jets arent trying to win games at all costs.  They are trying to evaluate who can help them long term and hopefully win some games along the way.

They might even do this for another year before they deem this team ready to compete and start ramping up the expectations.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not that difficult.  When Darnold was deemed unsalvageable, Woody and Joe decided the best thing to do was start over at coach, qb and the entire roster.  What do you think the expectations were for this season?

The Jets arent trying to win games at all costs.  They are trying to evaluate who can help them long term and hopefully win some games along the way.

They might even do this for another year before they deem this team ready to compete and start ramping up the expectations.

I guess my biggest problem is that I can't accept double digit losses every year.   Ultimately, going with an unproven QB and other rookies was JD's decision.   I'm just not prepared to outright forgive those decisions as growing pains in year three (two if you're more accepting) with the inherent losses and playoff absence.

I respect your opinion and fervor.  Once again, I can't get to that place.

34 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't know how many games they will win, but I am really starting to dig Saleh's steady hand. No Drama Saleh is just what the doctor ordered. The guy does not panic. He believes in what he is doing and belief is one of those things that eventually changes everything.  

lasso_ep6.jpeg

And his patience.  Saleh and Joe Douglas have a vision of long term success.  This is the reason why most fans hate these two.  Jet fans think quick fixes and winning 10 games followed by 8 years of losing is the way to go.

And they will not compromise that vision for quick fixes to get the fans and media off their back.  

These are the 2 men we have been waiting for.  And when we are perennial super bowl contenders year in and year out starting in 2023, Jet fans will be bowing at the alter of Douglas and Saleh.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I guess my biggest problem is that I can't accept double digit losses every year.   Ultimately, going with an unproven QB and other rookies was JD's decision.   I'm just not prepared to outright forgive those decisions as growing pains in year three (two if you're more accepting) with the inherent losses and playoff absence.

I respect your opinion and fervor.  Once again, I can't get to that place.

This is probably the last year you are going to have to accept it.  There is a chance that Joe and Robert will want one more year of evaluating and we go like 7-10 next year, but that will be it.

In 2023 and beyond, this team will be competing for a Super Bowl year in and year out like the Steelers, Pats, Ravens etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would love that, hopefully Seattle's pick is better than ours.

OMG, that would be glorious. Then Russ shoots his way out of town and they fire Carrol. Next year Jets turn the corner and Seattle is bottom 5 in the league. Jamal become the poster boy for franchise destruction! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG, that would be glorious. Then Russ shoots his way out of town and they fire Carrol. Next year Jets turn the corner and Seattle is bottom 5 in the league. Jamal become the poster boy for franchise destruction! 

Dejected and feeling his career is finished, Russ signs with us.  He immediately then regains his brilliance and leads us to our first Super Bowl win since the 1968-69 season.

Jamal buys a beer distributorship, which is closed by Seattle authorities for vermin infestation.   During pest remediation activities, the building burns to the ground.  In a final note, it is revealed Jamal forgot to secure insurance on the building.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jets were still winless at this point last season under Adam Kotite and have some struggling teams left on the schedule.  How many wins do they finish with?

I'm going with 5.

5 seems about right.  Jags and Dolphins maybe?

4 is certainly possible though.  Not beating the Bills, not beating Tampa.  Doubt we beat the Eagles for the first time ever, or New Orleans.

So yeah, 4 could really be it.

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Dejected and feeling his career is finished, Russ signs with us.  He immediately then regains his brilliance and leads us to our first Super Bowl win since the 1968-69 season.

Jamal buys a beer distributorship, which is closed by Seattle authorities for vermin infestation.   During pest remediation activities, the building burns to the ground.  In a final note, it is revealed Jamal forgot to secure insurance on the building.

The darkness in its self is brilliance! Haha 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

That is dark man lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is probably the last year you are going to have to accept it.  There is a chance that Joe and Robert will want one more year of evaluating and we go like 7-10 next year, but that will be it.

In 2023 and beyond, this team will be competing for a Super Bowl year in and year out like the Steelers, Pats, Ravens etc.

If Zach is a bust then I see this happening. 

802739835_Jets2021remainingsched.jpg.d72ddc309ec72659af12534e25dc132a.jpg

Week 13 vs never beaten the Eagles in franchise history and they're coming off a loss and angry - Loss

Week 14 vs Taysom "BDQBFBYU" Hill quarterbacked Saints and Kamara should be suiting up - Loss

Week 15 at Dolphins - This isn't the Boca Raton Bowl, Marcy D'Arcy. - Loss

Week 16 vs Jaguars - Last great chance to win a game. - Loss

Week 17 vs Buccaneers - They'll not be resting their starters - Loss

Week 18 at Bills - They'll be playing for playoff position after likely being eliminated from winning the AFC East. - Loss

Final Record 3-14