***Other NFL Games Week 14 Edition***

Irish Jet

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

In complete honesty, I did want Fields and did not want Wilson, but Fields looks like the tougher fix of the two right now in my opinion. He’s got some real processing and time issues.

I don't think its a processing issue with him (he makes good decisions), he's just not pulling the trigger quick enough. Hopefully with experience, he will start deciding quicker. 

Just now, maury77 said:

That TD is why some of us are such a pain in the ass about ball placement. Ball is placed in the perfect spot for Byrd and he takes the slant 54 yards for the TD. If the ball is even slightly behind Byrd, the YAC is minimal. 

Yup.  Hit the receiver in stride on the slant and let him make a play.  Wilson had some opportunities on throws like that today (not saying they would have been TDs), but missed badly.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Hit the receiver in stride on the slant and let him make a play.  Wilson had some opportunities on throws like that today (not saying they would have been TDs), but missed badly.

It’s the whole throwing people open, touch and timing thing. 

the TOTAL lack of Wilson doing those things is the biggest reason Im no longer giving him the benefit of the doubt. That was supposed to the inherent/natural part of the game he was going to bring to the table. “Super fast processor - not like fields” ….meanwhile balls are nowhere where they’re supposed to be, and 10 mins too late. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

It’s the whole throwing people open, touch and timing thing. 

the TOTAL lack of Wilson doing those things is the biggest reason Im no longer giving him the benefit of the doubt. That was supposed to the inherent/natural part of the game he was going to bring to the table. “Super fast processor - not like fields” ….meanwhile balls are nowhere where they’re supposed to be, and 10 mins too late often. 

That's the thing. Fields is exactly what we thought he would be at this stage, a "slow player". He should be sitting this year, but Dalton sucks. We were sold a bill of goods that Wilson was ready to go in the Shanahan offense because he played in it at BYU, etc. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Possibly, but not because Fields is any good.

Fields isn't good (right now) but he's moving the ball fairly consistently right now in Lambeau, on prime time surrounded by a very mediocre offense in Chicago. I simply don't think Wilson could do the same right now on that Bears offense (or any offense if I'm being honest). 

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Fields isn't good (right now) but he's moving the ball fairly consistently right now in Lambeau, on prime time surrounded by a very mediocre offense in Chicago. I simply don't think Wilson could do the same right now on that Bears offense (or any offense if I'm being honest). 

When I watch Fields or Lawrence I see the usual rookie struggles....not seeing windows, poor timing, bad reads.  When I watch Wilson I see a frenetic mental case who one hops swing passes....there's a difference between these things...I'm no scout tho. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1