Jets need bigger & better WRs & TEs for Zach Wilson

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You’re a good sport!

And I agree with your post….even if it’s obvious it cant be stated enough. 

If the Jets can't pry DK Metcalf away from Seattle through trade, at #10 I want the Jets to seriously look at Treylon Burks. 6'4" 230 with sub 4.4 speed. He is getting compared to AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel. I also see a touch of Randy Moss, he is a freak of nature!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

That’s why you have a frog as your avatar you probably have the skin of a cactus 

I’m Italian. I have very swarthy supple skin. That’s why I look younger than you. And I have more hair. And you realize frogs don’t have dry skin. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Did you live under a nuclear power plant? You look like an old potato 

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Now I gotta watch the video.

Okay.

I'm not a filmmaker, but I suggest using a selfie stick if your going to make these.  

It was disturbing to be that close to your giant face.   Put some distance between your nose hair and the viewer. 

Guys we really should not be making fun of people like this. It’s mean. 

We should be above that.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The WR doesn't need to be bigger. He just needs to get open and catch the balls he should catch plus some he shouldn't. Stefon Diggs is 6 feet tall. That is plenty tall to succeed as a WR in the NFL.

I understand your point and yes the trend  is now WRs like Cooper Kupp, but at the same time look at our production in the red zone this year, we need  better taller receivers who can win the 50/50 balls on the deep balls and in the endzone. 21st in the league in the RZ is not good enough if we wanna take the next step as a franchise to a playoff team. All our receivers are 6 feet even, that's not going to get us TDs in the redzone.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

This sounds like 2000s nfl speak. It's just not fact tho. You don't "need" 6'4 receivers anymore.   Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, 9ers all advanced this week and have superstar who are 6'1 an under. Catch up with the times my man. 

Yes, you are right. The NFL is trending towards WRs like Cooper Kupp and Justin Jefferson. With that said a big physical receiver is still needed. I'm not saying anything should be mutually exclusive. Keenan Allen is still very productive he's 6' 5", Mike Evans did his thing yesterday. There is a reason why Tampa was #2 in RZ production it's because of Evans and Gronk (yes Brady throwing them the ball too). The Jets were 21st in RZ production and all our receivers are 6 feet (give or take an inch).  If you want to still go by your theory I'm open to it but make sure we have a 6' 5" or 6' 6" TE for red zone targets.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

I understand your point and yes the trend  is now WRs like Cooper Kupp, but at the same time look at our production in the red zone this year, we need  better taller receivers who can win the 50/50 balls on the deep balls and in the endzone. 21st in the league in the RZ is not good enough if we wanna take the next step as a franchise to a playoff team. All our receivers are 6 feet even, that's not going to get us TDs in the redzone.

Corey Davis is 6'3" and I am confident the Jets will add a capable TE. How many big Red Zone targets do you want? Of the top 10 Red Zone receivers in 2021, 2 were TEs and 8 were WR. The tallest WRs are 6'2" and that is only 2 of the 8. The rest are 6"1" and under with 3 of the WRs standing at 5'10".

BTW, Cooper Kupp is one of the 6'2" WRs.

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Cory Davis - 6'4

Denzel Mims - 6'3

Kenny Yeboah - 6'4

Tyler Croft - 6'6

Ryan Griffin - 6'6

CD is closer to 6'3",but he didn't do sh*t last year dropping all of those passes. Mims was 6' 3" he didn't do sh*t. either. The rest of those guys are TEs. I see your point, they need to get BETTER not just more size.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Corey Davis is 6'3" and I am confident the Jets will add a capable TE. How many big Red Zone targets do you want? Of the top 10 Red Zone receivers in 2021, 2 were TEs and 8 were WR. The tallest WRs are 6'2" and that is only 2 of the 8. The rest are 6"1" and under with 3 of the WRs standing at 5'10".

How about ones that don't drop the ball. Let's start there my friend.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Yes, you are right. The NFL is trending towards WRs like Cooper Kupp and Justin Jefferson. With that said a big physical receiver is still needed. I'm not saying anything should be mutually exclusive. Keenan Allen is still very productive he's 6' 5", Mike Evans did his thing yesterday. There is a reason why Tampa was #2 in RZ production it's because of Evans and Gronk (yes Brady throwing them the ball too). The Jets were 21st in RZ production and all our receivers are 6 feet (give or take an inch).  If you want to still go by your theory I'm open to it but make sure we have a 6' 5" or 6' 6" TE for red zone targets.

We have Corey Davis & Denzel Mims what did those guys do this year? Outside of being good blockers? Davis had some decent games but too many crucial mistakes. Mims is cheeks. It's a east to west offense, versatility speed and route running are what works for this system. Built similarly to 9ers who have Kittle and he's under 6'5. Of you wanna take a flyer on a guy mid rounds or  small deal in free agency sure. Other than that nah being "bigger" is far from what this offense needs. 

19 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

We have Corey Davis & Denzel Mims what did those guys do this year? Outside of being good blockers? Davis had some decent games but too many crucial mistakes. Mims is cheeks. It's a east to west offense, versatility speed and route running are what works for this system. Built similarly to 9ers who have Kittle and he's under 6'5. Of you wanna take a flyer on a guy mid rounds or  small deal in free agency sure. Other than that nah being "bigger" is far from what this offense needs. 

Ok here is the receiving TDs list for 2021. I'll just give you the top 5.

Cooper Kupp        16 TDs   6' 2"

Mike Evans           14 TDS   6'5"

Jamar Chase        13 TDS   6'1"

DK Metcalf           12 TDS    6'4"

Devanta Adams    11 TDs     6'3"

See a pattern? No receiver in the top 5 is below 6' 1". You need size to get RZ TDs. I'm agree with you on the shiftier receivers from the 20 yard line to the other team's 20 yard line. You need size, we just need a ball hawk, physical receiver to get the 50/50s on deep balls and 15TDs a year.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 3.57.49 PM.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

See a pattern? No receiver in the top 5 is below 6' 1". You need size to get RZ TDs. I'm agree with you on the shiftier receivers from the 20 yard line to the other team's 20 yard line. You need size, we just need a ball hawk, physical receiver to get the 50/50s on deep balls and 15TDs a year.

Isn't that what Corey Davis and Denzel Mims are supposed to do? Lol Joe Douglas has shown a favoritism towards "big body" receivers since he's been here to not much effect. To this point.. The most production he's gotten from the position are guys who are under 6 feet (Moore & Berrios) Why? Cause they're more versatile. You can do more with them scheme wise. Jets don't need big body receivers they have guys who do that already. They need more guys like Elijah Moore. Playmakers

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Cory Davis - 6'4

Denzel Mims - 6'3

Kenny Yeboah - 6'4

Tyler Croft - 6'6

Ryan Griffin - 6'6

Davis - nice player, but a #3 on a good offense and also not good enough at contested catches 

Mims - apparently complete trash (still shocked about what happened there)

Yeboah - possible longterm potential as a rotational piece? (But a practice squad player this year - far from a sure thing) 

Croft - meh 

Griffin - trash 

Bottom line - the Jets still need a guy with some size who can consistently high point the ball and win on contested catches - both in the red zone or down the field 

It can be a TE or WR - doesn’t matter. But we need someone. 

And this is ignoring the fact that 3-5 of these guys get hurt every year 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

In 2020 Tyreek Hill and AJ Brown were both in the top 5, both 6'1" or under.  Height is nice but it doesn't make the player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Isn't that what Corey Davis and Denzel Mims are supposed to do? Lol Joe Douglas has shown a favoritism towards "big body" receivers since he's been here to not much effect. To this point.. The most production he's gotten from the position are guys who are under 6 feet (Moore & Berrios) Why? Cause they're more versatile. You can do more with them scheme wise. Jets don't need big body receivers they have guys who do that already. They need more guys like Elijah Moore. Playmakers

Yes but they dropped everything in site.

I never believed from the day they got him from Tennessee that Corey Davis was a WR1 which the Jets were building him up to be last offseason. As far as Mims goes, I don't know why he sucked so bad this year. They aren't the right guys.

You and I have a different definition of "production". You can't have a WR core of just 6 footers that won't get you TDs in the redzone. TDs are what get you the most production. You need at least one big guy (WR or TE, preferably both) to get you the TDs. Again the Jets were 21st in RZ production and we need a redzone presence to fix that.

I like Elijah Moore a lot, you are probably a fan of Garrett Wilson from Ohio State as well because he comes from that same cloth as Moore. Great route runner. I would be cool if they got Wilson at #10(even though I prefer Burks because of size and speed) just get a big red zone target in FA or in the draft.

I'm not saying that it has to be either or, but I think the most successful O's are the ones that can do it all.

8 minutes ago, adb280z said:

In 2020 Tyreek Hill and AJ Brown were both in the top 5, both 6'1" or under.  Height is nice but it doesn't make the player.

You're right but an entire corp of 6 foot receivers isn't going to consistently get the TDs in the red zone. Tampa is #2 in RZ production because of Brady, Evans 6'5", Gronk 6'7" we need better big guys than Davis and Mims

14 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

This kid is from LI…. Wants to play for the Jets.

I know. Hopefully we can get him on Day 2.

I've also been looking at Drake London from USC, projected to be a mid to late first rounder (may drop to 2nd round). Dude is 6'5" and really hard to bring down, could be a major RZ threat.

• Upvote 1