(From October 2021) Former NFL Player Dwight Smith Implies The NFL Is Rigged

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, when was the mob rigging games in the 70's and 80's?  

All you needed was the QB, the refs, and a couple of team captains?  Thats it?  

Funny, when a team kicks a FG its because of a fix.  When they dont its because of a fix.  Reality, that person lost their bet and needs an excuse. 

“We had the coach and we had the quarterback, who’s the offensive captain,” Piazza explains. “And we had the defensive captain. . . . With the quarterback, if he knew the perimeters of the scores that we wanted to hold, maybe he was down close to scoring a touchdown, but a touchdown would have put it out of the reach of where we wanted to go. So he’d throw a bad pass or throw it out of bounds, and only kick a field goal. So he had control of where the points would fall.”

Piazza, who was imprisoned at the time of the interview, addresses the importance of having the coach on board with the scheme.

“The coach, if you’ve got a quarterback that’s supposed to be a very good quarterback who has an extremely high percentage of completions and then all of a sudden today he’s throwing them in the ground and throwing them in the seats and throwing them in a lot of different places, you don’t want the crowd to start yelling at the coach and the coach to pull the player out when we need him to protect our investment,” 

source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/20/for-years-the-nfl-has-been-concerned-about-a-federal-agency-on-gambling/amp/

Also, If you ever get a chance please read the “Fix is In” by  Brian Tuohy

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I watched pro wrestling as a kid.  It’s more popular than ever.   I watch election results into the late night.  I turn into CNBC to watch the stock and Bond market.  I check the price of Crypto currencies.   Football is entertainment.  It’s modern day gladiators.  If it wasn’t rigged the Lions would win the SB every year.  

Lol

Man that's a bold statement. He does contradict himself a bit and is a somewhat all over the place in that interview. I guess the interviewers could be partly to blame for that. They should have dug into it more as opposed to letting him just say it and trying to switch topics every time. It's like they brushed it off and did not want to address it.

I dont doubt the refs lean one way. I find it hard to believe the games are fixed though. More like the deck is stacked in favor of some teams/players.

11 hours ago, oatmeal said:

love the mockery but you wouldn’t believe how much $ one can generate from sports betting just by looking at professional sports like a TV script.

But anyways I wouldn’t expect most to understand how or why these billionaires rig games but to keep it simple, using a  quote from the author of the book “The fix is in”, Brian Tuohy: “Would you leave a multi-billion dollar industry up to chance?”  (I reconnected this book to anyone who thinks professional sports is legit)

Another fascinating thing is a former SB MVP in OP’s video, is literally telling you: “The game is not decided on the field, period.” and people in here are typing: “Where is the proof of the league being rigged? “ - ?????

I guess he’s a “bitter ex player” huh ?‍♂️ -this is  the same way people think of  Hollywood whistle blowers when they come forward.

Ok, but none of this answers the questions I posed in the post that you are quoting - which, in and of itself, is rather telling. I'll ask again - If you sincerely believe the NFL is "rigged" or "fixed" - why watch? Why root for the Jets? Why post on a message board about free agents you'd like to sign or players you'd like to draft? It's all fixed . . . right?

My suspicion is that, deep down, you know this is all nonsense. Believing that the games are fixed dampens some of the emotional pain that occurs when a team you wanted to win doesn't win. After all, they didn't really lose, the game was fixed!!!! That probably feels a little better. 

But anyways I wouldn’t expect most to understand how or why these billionaires rig games but to keep it simple, using a  quote from the author of the book “The fix is in”, Brian Tuohy: “Would you leave a multi-billion dollar industry up to chance?”  (I reconnected this book to anyone who thinks professional sports is legit)

This is one of those things that sounds really smart . . . until you think about it for 5 minutes. What chance? The NFL prints money regardless of which team wins. 

Another fascinating thing is a former SB MVP in OP’s video, is literally telling you: “The game is not decided on the field, period.” and people in here are typing: “Where is the proof of the league being rigged? “ - ?????

I guess he’s a “bitter ex player” huh ?‍♂️ -this is  the same way people think of  Hollywood whistle blowers when they come forward.

Ahhh, the classic "appeal to authority" fallacy. An ex SB MVP says the league is fixed, so it must be fixed. Once again, this doesn't constitute actual evidence of anything. People say a lot of things for a lot of reasons. 

Now, if Smith gave us some specific details of how the fixing works that could be verified, that would be very different. But, as usual with the conspiracy nonsense, we have rambling generalities without any actual details that can be corroborated. No one ever seems to know all the details of the conspiracy - it's always generic statements like "the games aren't decided on the field." OOOOOOOO scary stuff!!!!!

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, but none of this answers the questions I posed in the post that you are quoting - which, in and of itself, is rather telling. I'll ask again - If you sincerely believe the NFL is "rigged" or "fixed" - why watch? Why root for the Jets? Why post on a message board about free agents you'd like to sign or players you'd like to draft? It's all fixed . . . right?

My suspicion is that, deep down, you know this is all nonsense. Believing that the games are fixed dampens some of the emotional pain that occurs when a team you wanted to win doesn't win. After all, they didn't really lose, the game was fixed!!!! That probably feels a little better. 

This is one of those things that sounds really smart . . . until you think about it for 5 minutes. What chance? The NFL prints money regardless of which team wins. 

Ahhh, the classic "appeal to authority" fallacy. An ex SB MVP says the league is fixed, so it must be fixed. Once again, this doesn't constitute actual evidence of anything. People say a lot of things for a lot of reasons. 

Now, if Smith gave us some specific details of how the fixing works that could be verified, that would be very different. But, as usual with the conspiracy nonsense, we have rambling generalities without any actual details that can be corroborated. No one ever seems to know all the details of the conspiracy - it's always generic statements like "the games aren't decided on the field." OOOOOOOO scary stuff!!!!!

Idc who wins tbh i was a jet fan before I found out that the league is rigged. And this isn’t the only player to come forward and say that the league is rigged. There is mountains of other evidence but im not getting into it because it’s clearly not worth it. 

Regardless I make money every year I started viewing the game as WWE like entertainment and not a fair and balanced sport. Call me conspiracy theorist or whatever no skin off my back.

Following sites like this and other team sites helps tremendously when I’m deciding my picks, you can find loads of information not reported by mainstream media and then when you go and see what’s being reported by mainstream sources you can piece together what’s going on and what maybe the bigger play. 

No I’m not perfect in my picks I must admit but my wife and children see me every Sunday “predict” things with football that shouldn’t be possible in any fair and balanced sport. 

12 hours ago, oatmeal said:

love the mockery but you wouldn’t believe how much $ one can generate from sports betting just by looking at professional sports like a TV script.

Oh, if it’s so easy, I’m guessing you’re a multi-millionaire by now?   

you should write a book!

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Idc who wins tbh i was a jet fan before I found out that the league is rigged. And this isn’t the only player to come forward and say that the league is rigged. There is mountains of other evidence but im not getting into it because it’s clearly not worth it. 

Regardless I make money every year I started viewing the game as WWE like entertainment and not a fair and balanced sport. Call me conspiracy theorist or whatever no skin off my back.

Following sites like this and other team sites helps tremendously when I’m deciding my picks, you can find loads of information not reported by mainstream media and then when you go and see what’s being reported by mainstream sources you can piece together what’s going on and what maybe the bigger play. 

No I’m not perfect in my picks I must admit but my wife and children see me every Sunday “predict” things with football that shouldn’t be possible in any fair and balanced sport. 

Before you “found out” 

lol. 

ya’ll are funny.

I have a challenge for you:

Since you’re so f*cking smart and figured out how to “make money every year” from “viewing the game as WWE like entertainment,” please do us a favor and post your picks every week. 

We should all be able to track and verify this, right? 

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, if it’s so easy, I’m guessing you’re a multi-millionaire by now?   

you should write a book!

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Before you “found out” 

lol. 

ya’ll are funny.

I have a challenge for you:

Since you’re so f*cking smart and figured out how to “make money every year” from “viewing the game as WWE like entertainment,” please do us a favor and post your picks every week. 

We should all be able to track and verify this, right? 

Im not posting my picks, No I’m not smart at all.

?‍♂️

I don’t need validation from you or anyone else, you asked me questions and I answered.  

But I love threads like this with the likeminded people because I don’t know it all, so other people’s insights and observations are >>>>> money. 

tbh I don’t understand the rudeness we are usually pleasant to each other but hey ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Im not posting my picks, No I’m not smart at all.

?‍♂️

I don’t need validation from you or anyone else, you asked me questions and I answered.  

But I love threads like this with the likeminded people because I don’t know it all, so other people’s insights and observations are >>>>> money. 

tbh I don’t understand the rudeness we are usually pleasant to each other but hey ?‍♂️

Oh, of course you won’t post your picks :) Of course. 

How am I rude? I’m asking you to validate a very bold claim. I find it annoying when people make bold claims that they aren’t willing to support with actual data. These sorts of discussions always go the same way. Lot’s of bold claims. Little to no actual data.

Color me skeptical. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

How am I rude? I’m asking you to validate a very bold claim. I find it annoying when people make bold claims that they aren’t willing to support with actual data. These sorts of discussions always go the same way. Lot’s of bold claims. Little to no actual data.

Color me skeptical. 

Okay 

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, I have to ask . . . 

For the folks who sincerely believe that the NFL is "rigged" - why do you watch? Why do you continue to follow the Jets? Are you hoping that, one day, the NFL decides to "rig" the season in the Jets favor? If so, would you actually derive legitimate satisfaction from this? Is this just compartmentalization - one part of your brain roots for the Jets, while the other part thinks the NFL is fundamentally indistinguishable from the WWE? I'm genuinely curious. 

I believe the NBA is closer to the WWE than an athletic event and I don’t watch it or follow it any more.  Their salary cap and free agency made it more of a joke.  

Stern flat out said it when they were putting Jordan’s fouls on Paxton “It’s entertainment.”  The NBA is less of a cultural event and more nitch now.  

The NFL is risking lots if they were playing that game.  I don’t see the incentive for them to do it.  

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Color me skeptical. 

I was gonna say, if the rigging is so ingrained that it’s “obvious”, the troves of data and trends that would necessarily be needed to reveal that “obviousness” would be so overwhelming that even a casual fan could use those trends and data to make simple, repeatable predictions that would make themselves and/or friends/loved ones unfathomably wealthy.

I’m doing some research to identify and reveal such bettors now. So far, no luck.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, oatmeal said:

“We had the coach and we had the quarterback, who’s the offensive captain,” Piazza explains. “And we had the defensive captain. . . . With the quarterback, if he knew the perimeters of the scores that we wanted to hold, maybe he was down close to scoring a touchdown, but a touchdown would have put it out of the reach of where we wanted to go. So he’d throw a bad pass or throw it out of bounds, and only kick a field goal. So he had control of where the points would fall.”

Piazza, who was imprisoned at the time of the interview, addresses the importance of having the coach on board with the scheme.

“The coach, if you’ve got a quarterback that’s supposed to be a very good quarterback who has an extremely high percentage of completions and then all of a sudden today he’s throwing them in the ground and throwing them in the seats and throwing them in a lot of different places, you don’t want the crowd to start yelling at the coach and the coach to pull the player out when we need him to protect our investment,” 

source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/20/for-years-the-nfl-has-been-concerned-about-a-federal-agency-on-gambling/amp/

Also, If you ever get a chance please read the “Fix is In” by  Brian Tuohy

Lol, someone claims games were rigged.  There’s a new one.  

Bubba Smith claimed for years that Earl Morrall threw SB III. Makes sense, he threw like 3 red zone picks and never even looked at the intended target on a flea flicker who was open by 10 yards 

He never talks about how poorly he played as he was going to Kill Joe Namath and don’t think he was a factor all day as Bob Talamini moved from guard to tackle to handle Bubba.
Morall may have missed a few passes but how many tackles to Bubba miss?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not saying I necessarily buy this but we do know there was a ref cheating scandal in the NBA and there is big money in the NFL so it's (potentially) at least plausible.

Nor is this anything new. In 1984 Bubba Smith who was an O-Lineman for the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl 3 wrote a Book about the NFL where he alleged that Super Bowl 3 "was fixed" by organized crime. Reading these types of accusations just brings a wry smile to my face.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Isn't the NBA a huge business though? They had a gambling scandal with the refs that you know was much larger than they let on.  It was a brilliant PR job to get people to minimize it and now they've mostly forgotten about it.

Also, haven't there been scandals in college basketball, college football, tennis and soccer?

Again, I'm not saying that the NFL is rigged but I don't think it's impossible.

That's a different argument. Is it possible there could be a rogue game official who is indebted to gamblers try to affect an outcome. Sure, but doubtful. To think any directive would come from the league office to get coaches, players or officials to "fix" an outcome or follow a script is foolish. All it would take is for one person to come forward with proof and the NFL is done, and the owners are financial ruined. Not to mention anyone involved is going to prison.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

That's a different argument. Is it possible there could be a rogue game official who is indebted to gamblers try to affect an outcome. Sure, but doubtful. To think any directive would come from the league office to get coaches, players or officials to "fix" an outcome or follow a script is foolish. All it would take is for one person to come forward with proof and the NFL is done, and the owners are financial ruined. Not to mention anyone involved is going to prison.

Exactly.

I’m sure there have been a number of referees over the years (especially the further back you look) who have been bought by organized crime, but those are isolated incidents. It’s a very different thing to say that the league is “fixed” or the games are “rigged.” 

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

- Carl Sagan 

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Mark Twain said, "two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.”

On 1/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, freestater said:

When it comes to conspiracies, I believe what Al Capone said, "Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

Original/exact wording aside, it was Franklin. Still a clever saying anyway.

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Franklin/01-02-02-0001. About 2/3 of the way down.

2 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Nor is this anything new. In 1984 Bubba Smith who was an O-Lineman for the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl 3 wrote a Book about the NFL where he alleged that Super Bowl 3 "was fixed" by organized crime. Reading these types of accusations just brings a wry smile to my face.

Bubba was a DE