Breaking: Kenny Pickett's Hands Have Reached "Daron Lee" Level Small!

Hey look on the bright side. We’re not looking for a QB this year lol

sure it reduces the likelihood of a trade down, but the jets have plenty of picks, they need studs and probably aren’t interested in trading down anyway 

Baby hands + 38 fumbles over 52 games does not equal a 1st round prospect.

He’s going to drop.

People were worried about how many times Darnold fumbled in college. 20 fumbles over 27 games. So maybe there’s a team that will ignore this huge red flag since some guys have been able to fix this issue. 

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Mark Sanchez is Exhibit A on why hand size doesn't mean jack sh*t.

having large hands is a good thing but your right it really means nothing. However having very small hands can be a big factor in holding on to the ball and throwing a tight spiral. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Deshaun Watson also threw the ball slower than some benchmark back when he was drafted.  There was some stat about how no QB who threw that slow ever succeeded in the NFL.  I don't remember the specifics but I'm sure someone on here does.  

Yea his velocity was historically low. To be fair that wasn't as historically correlated as hand size, but I still think it's probably not a perfect metric by any stretch. The NFL as a rule is pretty bad about interpreting data points consistently. 

On 3/4/2022 at 7:05 PM, kelticwizard said:

I don't think the year after Joe Burrow leads his team to the Super Bowl in his second year with 9 inch hands GMs are too worried about a prospect with 8½ inch hands.  Especially since Pitt is a cold weather city and it didn't bother him.

My hands measure 8 inches, and I while I had a great arm in high school, I could throw the heck out of the football, with good accuracy and touch.  But I never had to throw a football against 11 men on the other side of the ball, who were all great athletes.  

With my memory of throwing a football with 8" hands, I can tell you that 8" hands are not nearly good enough at the level of football of an NFL successful QB.  If I had 9" hands, I'm sure that I could have controlled the football much more, with greater spin and pinpoint accuracy.  

Certainly, the bigger the hands, the greater the precision is possible.  If I had to guess, I would think that 9" hands or larger are quite good enough to succeed, as long as the remaining traits are all there. I wish my hands measured at least 8 1/2 inches, so I could tell you what that was like, but I can't.  lol

if i had the time and data i’d like to take 20 years of measurables and apply say an 80/20 rule by position and achievement level. those levels being allpro, starter, backup and just see how it shakes out.
you could combine size speed and agility. fun with excel.

• Upvote 1

It's another data point.  Measurements, times, and drills should only be used to justify a grade you already have in a player.  
See if it matches what you watched on game day.  
If Andrew Luck had 8" hands I'm still drafting him number 1. 

i concur