Seahawks Turn down Jets, 10th Pick for Metcalf not Happening

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Metcalf was never going to be traded here.  

So far JD keeps swinging and missing.  I hope he knows there are no bonus points for "being close" to successful trades. 

As a GM, he'll be judged by the WR's we field, not the ones he tried and failed to acquire.

At this point, I doubt he has anyone left to trade with at reasonable cost, the entire NFL sees he's desperate for a #1 WR and they'll keep their prices high knowing they have all the leverage now over JD.

We don't HAVE to trade for a WR. Our leverage is our picks, if a teams wants picks we are open for business. Seahawks were never going to accept their own pick back, the same way the Texans were never going to trade with Miami for their #3 pick back.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.  Only Jet fans think they do.

Like I said, the only way DK, AJ or McLauren are available is if there are huge red flags with those players.  

So in short, if any of these players are available, you dont trade for them because there is a reason they are available.

Do your magic in the draft Joe Douglas!!!  We believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all from the players agents, it's in their best interest to drum up trade rumors and hype. 

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

??

I keep saying it but it’s looking like WR will have to be the pick at 4

Not happening. ER or Sauce.

If the Jets were to take any of these WRs at #4 I’d hate them for not sending that pick to Seattle instead. DK is 24yo and a proven player, I’ll take that over a lottery ticket any day.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I keep hearing about what a master of trades JD is. We keep “winning” all these trades, but what do we have to show for it besides Ashton Davis and  a RG (AVT)?
We’re certainly not winning on the field.

Well, I mean, he does obviously do well in trades so you must be confused. Turning the returns into something is another story. Even so, getting LDT midseason for nothing was pretty cool and did probably lead to a win or two because the line got way better.  But yeah, more wins need to be had.

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

Well, I mean, he does obviously do well in trades so you must be confused. Turning the returns into something is another story. Even so, getting LDT midseason for nothing was pretty cool and did probably lead to a win or two because the line got way better.  But yeah, more wins need to be had.

You don’t win trades on paper though. That’s an internet thing, not a real world thing.

When you make a trade involving a player for picks, you need to hit the picks before you “win” anything. For example, I got roasted here a few years ago for disagreeing when everyone said we took Gettleman over the hurdles in the Leo trade.
One Pro Bowl and two good seasons later by LW, what do we have to show for it other than those high hopes the day we made the trade?

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Not happening. ER or Sauce.

If the Jets were to take any of these WRs at #4 I’d hate them for not sending that pick to Seattle instead. DK is 24yo and a proven player, I’ll take that over a lottery ticket any day.

Yea I'd be livid if we took a WR at 4

1 hour ago, addage said:

Listened to the local Seattle sports radio channel today.  Guys mentioned the Metcalf to Jets trade.  Said flatly the Hawks would never again trade with the JD lead Jets.  Too painful.

Yeah, Big Bad Joe. Seattle screws itself in a miserable trade, then blames the other guy for their stupidity. Nobody made them take Jamal.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Metcalf was never going to be traded here.  

So far JD keeps swinging and missing.  I hope he knows there are no bonus points for "being close" to successful trades. 

As a GM, he'll be judged by the WR's we field, not the ones he tried and failed to acquire.

At this point, I doubt he has anyone left to trade with at reasonable cost, the entire NFL sees he's desperate for a #1 WR and they'll keep their prices high knowing they have all the leverage now over JD.

Ok, so what would you offer for Metcalf?  How would he keep Hill from going to Miami?

Is he suppose to offer more? 

He tried, can he do anything else other than that?

This take is just silly.

• Upvote 1

We all assume JD would be an iron vault and let no rumors escape his immense gravitational pull. So any 'news' leaked out to sports writers must be bogus. Made up for clicks. But in any trade there are two sides. Two front offices, two GMs, 2 owners, 2 HCs, on and on.

So even if JD is a steel trap, perhaps the fools who pretend to run The 'Hawks talk in their sleep? Blab? Trade a tidbit of inside info for a dbl mocha Latee with whip cream and a cinnamon stick?