F it take both KT and JJ….

9 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I would take the 2 edges at the top like I mentioned if a WR is a must in the first trade back into the the teens or 20s and grab them

I get it. It's just getting your pick vs taking whatever is left. If you're truly ok with any of them, that's fine. If LaFleur has his eye on a particular guy, trading is risky at best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

I haven’t seen this said but I would take both…. KT at 4 and JJ at 10…. I would even say Karlaftis at 10 if JJ is gone….. draft wr , db or lb round 2, te round 3…. Only way we stand a chance in the AFC is getting the qb….. Rotation of KT , JJ and Lawson would be sick and insurance for Lawson. Thoughts?

I think they may very well double dip but I think the second Edge will be later on the draft.  Guys to keep an eye on are Nik Bonnito (if he falls to round 3), Jeffrey Gunter and Dominique Robinson.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

jets need to score points

they need weapons for wilson or u will  have sam part 2

joe cant be that stupid to leave sam with a poor wr core and a bad running game-draft a wr and a rb of quality

Rookie WR won't move the needle on this team this year. Just doesn't happen. You can draft a WR, but you're drafting for 2-3 years down the line.

5 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Rookie WR won't move the needle on this team this year. Just doesn't happen. You can draft a WR, but you're drafting for 2-3 years down the line.

the above is complete nonsense

chase and jefferon the past two years had major impact right out of the gate and there are others as well

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xJayce said:

2021 Draft had 4 WR's who went for over 900 yards and 5 TD's.

2020 Draft had 4 WR's who went for over 900 yards and 5 TD's their rookie years.

2019 Draft had 3 WR's who went for over 900 yards and 5 TD's their rookie years.

And this is just the top end, elite #1 WR level, most of the guys above were quite a bit higher in either yards or TD's, and plenty of guys were in the 700-800+Yards or 3-5+TD ranges as well.  Quite a few just missed the 900/5 threshold as rookies.

The "a WR takes three years to be productive at the NFL level" claim is a outdated meme at this point.  Numerous college WR's are producing day 1, and if not day 1, definitely by year 2.  It doesn't take that long anymore....if you pick the right guys, and give them the opportunity. 

That's the hard part.

EDIT: Our own Moore would have likely been an 800/6 type guy if he hadn't been hurt.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the above is complete nonsense

chase and jefferon the past two years had major impact right out of the gate and there are others as well

If there are receivers that good in this draft I would draft them no doubt ….. this draft you’re just picking a name from the bag none are elite prospects like the names you mentioned 

Just now, ZachStepdad said:

That years WR class was really good. Elijah Moore would’ve been WR number one of this class

Debatable - and for the record, I loved Moore in college and pounded the table for him last year on draft day (look at my post history)

I think he'd be behind a healthy Jameson Williams. Moore is also really good, so I'm comfortable taking someone in that ballpark. 

Using a top ten pick on depth would be silly, which is what you're doing taking edges with both picks. Martin and Huff provide the needed depth at that position if you pick a good one at 4 or 10. Disagree with anyone saying there aren't elite receivers in this draft. Wilson and Williams could both be elite 

13 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

Using a top ten pick on depth would be silly, which is what you're doing taking edges with both picks. Martin and Huff provide the needed depth at that position if you pick a good one at 4 or 10. Disagree with anyone saying there aren't elite receivers in this draft. Wilson and Williams could both be elite 

CL built out of glass reality is reality. Those depth guys are just that. JJ role on the team would be more than that. Split duty with CL. That would keep CL of IR most likely too

47 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

If there are receivers that good in this draft I would draft them no doubt ….. this draft you’re just picking a name from the bag none are elite prospects like the names you mentioned 

Look back at the WR's who are today studs, but were picked in the 2nd or 3rd or lower, and who had immediate impact. 

They weren't considered "elite prospects" either.

We're not trying to win the draft, we're trying to win games.  That is what JD has a scouting department to figure out.  Who are this year's studs.  Because make no mistake, there is likely 1-3 stud WR's in the class, even if the draftnicks have failed to identify them accurately. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Look back at the WR's who are today studs, but were picked in the 2nd or 3rd or lower, and who had immediate impact. 

They weren't considered "elite prospects" either.

We're not trying to win the draft, we're trying to win games.  That is what JD has a scouting department to figure out.  Who are this year's studs.  Because make no mistake, there is likely 1-3 stud WR's in the class, even if the draftnicks have failed to identify them accurately. 

I understand what you are saying that there are sleepers every year, so with that thinking how can double dipping 1st round 2 elite edges and drafting a wr in the 2nd or trading up for one an issue here?

51 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Pass rusher and WR are both our two biggest needs and positions where stockpiling as much talent as you can makes perfect sense.

Exactly.  

Which is why I continue to expect JD to take one of each in the first, and one of each likely later in the draft.

The caveat is if JD still has hope for Mims, he won't pick that 2nd, later, WR.

But I definitely expect two "edges" this draft, even if one may be listed as a LB or even a Safety.  We seem to love defensive conversions these days.

1 minute ago, ZachStepdad said:

I understand what you are saying that there are sleepers every year, so with that thinking how can double dipping 1st round 2 elite edges and drafting a wr in the 2nd or trading up for one an issue here?

You're not getting 2 "elite" edges at #4 and #10.  The elite edge prospects are gone by #10.

So you're doing the exact same as you claim we'd be doing at WR.  Picking a name out of the non-elite pool and hoping they hit.

I just don't see it.  This GM signed Lawson, and Lawson is going to get every opportunity to start in 2022.  JD will (I believe) draft someone to pair with him very high this draft.  But not two.

If there was a position to double up early, its EDGE. I wouldnt revolt if JD did this, but I prob. wouldnt do it. Same if they decided to go OT early. Pick premium positions even if they aren't needs. Could absolutely see a double dip by 35 or 38 with Winfrey (DT but still), Mafe, Bonitto etc. 

WR is clearly becoming premium, however the talent this year is weaker than the last 2-3. But I am still all for it. I dont see elite talent with any of them, but they'll all provide something different for this offense. I also won't go crazy if they decided to see who drops as I dont see much separation other than preference: Williams, Wilson, Olave, Burks, London, Dotson, Pierce, etc. Will they all go before 35? I'm not sure. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're not getting 2 "elite" edges at #4 and #10.  The elite edge prospects are gone by #10.

So you're doing the exact same as you claim we'd be doing at WR.  Picking a name out of the non-elite pool and hoping they hit.

I just don't see it.  This GM signed Lawson, and Lawson is going to get every opportunity to start in 2022.  JD will (I believe) draft someone to pair with him very high this draft.  But not two.

I don’t actually see Douglas taking two edge rushers in the top ten, but keep in mind that Saleh rotates his DL to keep everyone fresh  (arguably to a fault) - so even assuming a healthy Lawson, there is room for another major edge presence 

KT, karlaftis, Lawson, and Huff would be a stacked group - on paper, anyway  

55 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

COME ON FELLAS…. KT , JFM , QW, CL COMING RIGHT AT THE QB ALL DAY AND JJ ON THE SIDELINE SALIVATING LIKE A HUNGRY PITBULL GIVING CL INSURANCE 

PLEASE GOD

This stable of edges wont be teeing off on the QB when it matters in the 4th if we are playing from behind and they are running it down our throats in the second half. 

11 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

This stable of edges wont be teeing off on the QB when it matters in the 4th if we are playing from behind and they are running it down our throats in the second half. 

Well same if sh*t happens if Zach Wilson is bad with a new 1st round WR that needs ZW to be good to affect the game at all….. EDGE > WR. EDGE affects games, WRs need the QB to preform to do anything 

4 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

I haven’t seen this said but I would take both…. KT at 4 and JJ at 10…. I would even say Karlaftis at 10 if JJ is gone….. draft wr , db or lb round 2, te round 3…. Only way we stand a chance in the AFC is getting the qb….. Rotation of KT , JJ and Lawson would be sick and insurance for Lawson.

JETS CARRYING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION: KT QW JFM CL JJ

Thoughts?

Thoughtless