This will make you guys laugh

I guess you really don't need to know anything about football to write a football article for a major website:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-which-teams-need-the-most-wide-receiver-help-and-why-173403401.html

I'll save some of you the pain. The Jets are under "Fine but could add a body or two"

New York Jets

The Jets have sniffed around on a ton of wide receivers who were available or potentially available on the trade market. We’ll find out in a few weeks if their trade offer for Tyreek Hill signaled that they think receiver is a major need or if that was just a unique situation to acquire a ready-made star.

Personally, I think they have the makings of a good room with a future star in Elijah Moore, a solid No. 2 in Corey Davis and a passable slot in Braxton Berrios. But it wouldn’t be a bad move to pluck another receiver to form a dynamic long-term tandem with Moore.

32 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I guess you really don't need to know anything about football to write a football article for a major website:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-which-teams-need-the-most-wide-receiver-help-and-why-173403401.html

I'll save some of you the pain. The Jets are under "Fine but could add a body or two"

New York Jets

The Jets have sniffed around on a ton of wide receivers who were available or potentially available on the trade market. We’ll find out in a few weeks if their trade offer for Tyreek Hill signaled that they think receiver is a major need or if that was just a unique situation to acquire a ready-made star.

Personally, I think they have the makings of a good room with a future star in Elijah Moore, a solid No. 2 in Corey Davis and a passable slot in Braxton Berrios. But it wouldn’t be a bad move to pluck another receiver to form a dynamic long-term tandem with Moore.

This is pretty on-point IMO 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

New York Jets

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh.  We're fine?  Great.  Guess we can skip on WR then.

Top 5 Passing Offense in 2022, here we come!

Do you guys realize that ‘fine’ how he’s using it means less than good?

He even says, he’d add a WR.

Legit don’t understand how you guys are reacting to this.

Awful < Bad < Fine < Good < Great

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is pretty on-point IMO 

Agreed.  The Jets need WR help, no doubt but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, honestly, if all they did was brought back Cole (which I think they should), it would basically be the same WR room that was the most explosive in the NFL with White/Flacco/Johnson but better because 2nd year in the system, OL upgrade, hopefully better play from Zach, Moore not a rookie, Berrios ascending, Mims first fully healthy offseason, etc.  Throw in the TE position upgrade, it's not this dire omg we failed Zach scenario people are making it out to be.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed.  The Jets need WR help, no doubt but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, honestly, if all they did was brought back Cole (which I think they should), it would basically be the same WR room that was the most explosive in the NFL with White/Flacco/Johnson but better because 2nd year in the system, OL upgrade, hopefully better play from Zach, Moore not a rookie, Berrios ascending, Mims first fully healthy offseason, etc.  Throw in the TE position upgrade, it's not this dire omg we failed Zach scenario people are making it out to be.

It’s passable. 

We’ve had wayyyy worse.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s passable. 

We’ve had wayyyy worse.

No doubt.  Corey Davis was the 6th overall pick.  Moore/Mims 2nd round picks.  This team has had UDFA's across the field at some points.

Besides, the other thing is, I expect the Jets to be top 5 in rush attempts.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

New York Jets

I think this is spot on.

Moore: WR1

Davis: WR2

Berrios: Slot

Conklin: TE1

Uzomah: TE2

Rookie/Mims: WR4

Rookie/FA/Mims: WR5

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, who can forget Berrios’ 52 yard masterpiece against the Saints.

Well, his best game was against the Bucs. 

But Corey Davis somehow had 3 of his 4 TD catches and over 300 of his 400 yards (including a 111 yard day) with the worst QB ever throwing him the ball. So . . . yea. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, his best game was against the Bucs. 

But Corey Davis somehow had 3 of his 4 TD catches and over 300 of his 400 yards (including a 111 yard day) with the worst QB ever throwing him the ball. So . . . yea. 

The Titans game where he had that fluke 53 yard TD on the scramble. Yes, I recall. 

I don’t think that’s outlandish 

But I don’t want the Jets to simply be “fine” at WR.

I want weapons out the ass to put our prized young QB, and team as a whole, in the best possible position to succeed.

The last time we had multiple playmakers on offense was nearly 40 years ago.

It’s about time that changed

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I want weapons out the ass to put our prized young QB, and team as a whole, in the best possible position to succeed.

This this this this this this this this this this and THIS

The idea is to be well above average at the skill positions when you have a young QB. And, even if Wilson ends up busting, whomever replaces him will enjoy having legit playmakers, I can assure you!

Plus, 4-5 of them will be on IR by November, anyway. You can't have enough good WRs. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think that’s outlandish 

The last time we had multiple playmakers on offense was nearly 40 years ago.

It’s about time that changed

Nobody does. Not even the author.