The disrespect for

On 8/16/2022 at 1:21 PM, FidelioJet said:

No, I think Zach needs to play as much as possible.  Flacco isn't the future - Zach needs as many reps as possible.  When Zach is ready to play he should play.  

But that's not really the point - you stated the Offense looked the best it has since Flacco took over and all I'm saying is that's just not true.  

You might want it to be true - and I can understand that from Jet fans that don't like Wilson.  Totally understand why you would want  watch games and be happy when the offense succeeds...So I get it.  But all I'm saying is - The offense has looked very good the past week - and it's nice to see that carry over.  

OMG Fido! No one is arguing that. But why rush the thick thighed clumsy Cherub back? Let him heal up and in a position to do his best. Let Flacco get the kinks out of the offense and give us a couple wins in the process. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Crazy isn’t it? Just nuts. The offense  looks the best it has with Flacco at the helm and that’s a bad thing? Yeah, the future, the future, I say the future is now and Joe Flacco like a fine wine is ready! “ Can’t wait!” 

This offense has WAY more talent than any that he led in Baltimore, too.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yea, just like last year’s offense consistency after Zach got hurt. Kid needs time to heal up. Nothing against Zach. Could be great, but let Flacco run this high octane offense for a few games  and give it back to the kid with a winning record. No reason to rush him. I think that will help Zach. You don’t? 

I'm good with this, Flacco should at least keep the O moving forward. Gives everybody film to study too 

Just now, The Crusher said:

ONG Fido! No one is arguing that. But why rush the thick thighed clumsy Cherub back? Let him heal up and in a position to do his best. Let Flacco get the kinks out of the offense and give us a couple wins in the process. 

ONG you!

Look I want Wilson to play as soon as possible, but if you want him to sit for precautionary reasons to sit a week or two more - I really don't have a problem with that.

My only problem is with the statement that the offense has looked it's "best" under Flacco - we certainly don't know that to be the cause or have we heard anything to suggest.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What makes you say that?

Were you at camp today?  If so I would love to hear why you believe that?

Last I saw, Wilson was barely throwing incompletion for about a week leading up to the pre-season.  

Nice to see the offensive consistency continue - great news for our chances week 1 - but I don't know how you can make a statement  like that - unless, as I stated you've been at to see the offense perform.

agreed.  remember Zach's b-day?  ZERO incompletions, right?  multiple TD passes, zero INTs.  sounds better than today from toe corpse of Joe Flacco.  Flacco playing does NOTHING for this team.  I will always root for my Jets, but if they win with Flacco, meh.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

ONG you!

Look I want Wilson to play as soon as possible, but if you want him to sit for precautionary reasons to sit a week or two more - I really don't have a problem with that.

My only problem is with the statement that the offense has looked it's "best" under Flacco - we certainly don't know that to be the cause or have we heard anything to suggest.

We saw it last year. We are seeing it again now.

Its really not far fetched that a veteran runs the offense better than a kid. Doesn’t mean Zach isn’t more talented, but talent isn’t the whole thing. Silk matters and Flacco is more skilled.

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, I think Zach needs to play as much as possible.  Flacco isn't the future - Zach needs as many reps as possible.  When Zach is ready to play he should play.  

But that's not really the point - you stated the Offense looked the best it has since Flacco took over and all I'm saying is that's just not true.  

You might want it to be true - and I can understand that from Jet fans that don't like Wilson.  Totally understand why you would want  watch games and be happy when the offense succeeds...So I get it.  But all I'm saying is - The offense has looked very good the past week - and it's nice to see that carry over.  

i just caught part of Rich Cimini interview on Bart and Hahn and he said Flacco looked really good today. he was winging it he said. 

i guess we will get more info later today from someone but Crush isnt lying at least not from what Cimini said.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

agreed.  remember Zach's b-day?  ZERO incompletions, right?  multiple TD passes, zero INTs.  sounds better than today from toe corpse of Joe Flacco.  Flacco playing does NOTHING for this team.  I will always root for my Jets, but if they win with Flacco, meh.

True, Zach’s birthday was discuss. Just not sure other 31 teams observe it like We do. Yeah, wins are meh, holy hell. Glad your happy waiting and waiting, and waiting…..

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

ONG Fido! No one is arguing that. But why rush the thick thighed clumsy Cherub back? Let him heal up and in a position to do his best. Let Flacco get the kinks out of the offense and give us a couple wins in the process. 

Serious question.

Can I be clued in to what ONG means... I tried to GTS that but don't think I got the right answer....

Unless you're using it as on god? 

My JN sarcasm detector is working about as well as Dwight's gaydar right now. I honestly can't tell who's being serious and who isn't. All I know is that I definitely feel that Flacco gives us the best chance to win in the short term, and allowing Zach to heal up and come back strong and prove everyone wrong is what's best for the long term. If it take 5 weeks, so be it. Let him get right so that he can prove he's worthy of a second contract. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

My JN sarcasm detector is working about as well as Dwight's gaydar right now. I honestly can't tell who's being serious and who isn't. All I know is that I definitely feel that Flacco gives us the best chance to win in the short term, and allowing Zach to heal up and come back strong and prove everyone wrong is what's best for the long term. If it take 5 weeks, so be it. Let him get right so that he can prove he's worthy of a second contract. 

You sir are way way above  the curve 

49 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Stop saying that 37 years is too old.  If you were feeling decrepit at this age, you should have done a better job taking care of your health and fitness.

I know right? Back then I could almost still kind of more or less just about see my penis when I look down as long as I held my breathe long enough. Almost. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mike White won with last year's crappy squad against the the AFC champs.

yeah just barely and it took a HOF performance to do it. Flacco would have beat Miami if our defense could have made a stop. 291, 2 TDs 0 INTs. i dont get why people think Flacco cant run this offense successfully. they treat him like hes Luke Faulk. 

Flacco has consistently through his career has a over 60% comp % and more TDs than INTs. he make good decisions that wont change with age. age doesnt make you forget how to read a defense. his only problem with his age will be mobility. but he can counter than by throwing it away or checking down. he has football smarts which i hate to say it but Zack does not right now. neither does White.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yea, nobody had tape on him to game plan. Just like so many other back ups. Do you remember what happen when the other teams got take on him? I seem to have forgotten. 

He threw a TD early in the game against the Colts and then got injured.  And the Buffalo game he got overrun by the same defense that overran Bill Belichick's team in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We saw it last year. We are seeing it again now.

Its really not far fetched that a veteran runs the offense better than a kid. Doesn’t mean Zach isn’t more talented, but talent isn’t the whole thing. Silk matters and Flacco is more skilled.

I don't disagree that's it's no big deal, what I don't agree with it - it's jut a theme on this board with no factual backing.

I mean, go ahead and continue to say it - it's fine - good for you.

I'll just point out, once in a while, that it's just not true - unless of course it gets to a point where it is.

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

i just caught part of Rich Cimini interview on Bart and Hahn and he said Flacco looked really good today. he was winging it he said. 

i guess we will get more info later today from someone but Crush isnt lying at least not from what Cimini said.

There is not a bigger Zach Wilson hater on this board (and that's saying A LOT) than Bart Scott is.  Any take coming from him with anything to do with Zach Wilson is, IMO, entirely pointless.

Flacco looking really good, is a very good thing - I am, by no means against that - it's really nice to see.

But so was this offense for the past week prior to Zach's injury.  The O looked very good, Zach looked good, WR's looked good etc.. I find it hard to make a definitive statement that it looks the "best" with Flacco.  When it's really unfounded.

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah just barely and it took a HOF performance to do it. Flacco would have beat Miami if our defense could have made a stop. 291, 2 TDs 0 INTs. i dont get why people think Flacco cant run this offense successfully. they treat him like hes Luke Faulk. 

Flacco has consistently through his career has a over 60% comp % and more TDs than INTs. he make good decisions that wont change with age. age doesnt make you forget how to read a defense. his only problem with his age will be mobility. but he can counter than by throwing it away or checking down. he has football smarts which i hate to say it but Zack does not right now. neither does White.

Mike White led our crappy team to victory against the AFC champs.  So yes it took a HOF performance to get that done.  Meanwhile you're making excuses for "the great" Joe Flacco not being able to beat the mediocre Miami Dolphins.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There is not a bigger Zach Wilson hater on this board (and that's saying A LOT) than Bart Scott is.  Any take coming from him with anything to do with Zach Wilson is, IMO, entirely pointless.

Flacco looking really good, is a very good thing - I am, by no means against that - it's really nice to see.

But so was this offense for the past week prior to Zach's injury.  The O looked very good, Zach looked good, WR's looked good etc.. I find it hard to make a definitive statement that it looks the "best" with Flacco.  When it's really unfounded.

it wasnt Bart who said it..

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Flaccid is a spot starter at this point in his career.  If Zach ends up being out for year, you cannot count on Flaccid playing 17 games.

We should have Zach news in a few hours.  If it is positive, Flaccid is ok for 2 or 3 games.  If Zach is on the shelf for the year, Jimmy G will be here shortly.

Who invited this guy?