Jets coach on Week 1: If Wilson ready, he'll play

15 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

This new trend to hate all things Saleh says and always thinking there’s some veiled agenda behind all his words is annoying.  Hopefully it passes soon and you guys can move onto obsessively hating something else about the team.

Saleh isn't good enough to have an agenda let alone a veiled agenda.  Hopefully he develops.  

I have a slightly off take on this but work has already pissed me off so why not.

I support Zach and really hope he is the guy - stating that I think Flacco gives us the best chance of beating the ravens even if Zach is declared healthy. 

This is Zach's year and he has to play and prove he is the guy going forward. My thought is if you start Flacco week 1 and if he pulls off a win or manages to keep it close with the Ravens, the team hopefully has some confidence and then Zach plays week 2 and on.

Some will say you can't pull Flaccos if they beat the Ravens but I think the coaching staff has made it clear that this year is Zach and he has to play to know what you have.

Ok - back to work and people who simply do not listen..

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  really getting to the point you can't  believe anything he says.  It was reported last that this is a 4 to 6 week time table. Why would you bring him back early. 

Wasn’t it reported as a 2-4 week time table to return?  Where did you hear 4-6?  It’s a meniscus

15 hours ago, maury77 said:

I realize I'm parsing words, but Saleh said if Wilson's "ready" he will play, not if he is "healthy". They could say he was physically ready to play, but they wanted him to get more reps in practice because he missed a few weeks, etc. 

which is why I doubt he plays week one.  Even if he’s healthy and passes the protocols the week before the opener he has to ave a few practices before he can play.   I would think, that’s why you have a backup

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It was reported 4 to 6 weeks after his surgery. The article was posted on this forum. 

Its a 2 week injury.  4 is worst case scenario and a young 23 year old with the best trainers in the world will be ready in 2.

Zach will be practicing by August 31st and will be our starting qb for week 1.

Lets accept it and move on jet fans.

Your dreams of old man Flaccid are dead.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It was reported 4 to 6 weeks after his surgery. The article was posted on this forum. 

I seem to remember every report before his surgery being that if it’s only a meniscus.  Of course no timetable is set in stone.  Or is universal.  Different people heal differently.  When he’s 100% he’ll practice and then they’ll determine when he’s ready to play.  Week 2, whenever 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its a 2 week injury.  4 is worst case scenario and a young 23 year old with the best trainers in the world will be ready in 2.

Doubtful.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do you truly believe for week 1 only - Zach gives the team a better chance for a win than Flacco? Coming off an injury and at best 1 week of practice? 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I seem to remember every report before his surgery being that if it’s only a meniscus.  Of course no timetable is set in stone.  Or is universal.  Different people heal differently.  When he’s 100% he’ll practice and then they’ll determine when he’s ready to play.  Week 2, whenever 

There is absolutely  no reason for him to take another camp or preseason snap and I would keep him out of the Ravens game at a minimum.  He will still play 16 games. This guy actually fell down and got a bone bruise without anyone touching him. If that isn't  injury prone, nobody was ever injury prone. 

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dude, haven't  you ever seen a blown out knee before? How long have you been watching football? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In case you missed it, you should check out the game thread and @Joe W. Namath carrying on how Zach blew out his knee and lambasting anyone who didn't  agree with this. 

We have moved passed this.  I have admitted I was wrong and paid my dues.      I lambasted 1 guy who was being a d!ck in multiple posts to me.  I didnt lambast “anyone”.

43 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Do you truly believe for week 1 only - Zach gives the team a better chance for a win than Flacco? Coming off an injury and at best 1 week of practice? 

A few things here.  It is year 2 of a ground up rebuild.  A 37 year old qb who “may” give us the best chance to win is not what this season is about.  This season is about getting our young players experience for the 2023 season when we will be challenging the bills for the afc east crown.  Any snap Joe Flaccid takes in the regular season is a wasted snap.

Secondly, this theory that zach needs all this practice to be ready to return is total nonsense.  This is his 2nd year in this offense.  He has taken thousands of reps this offseason and training camp.  He is an elite athlete.  Hes only missing 2-3 weeks of work.  Zach will be back by Aug 31st and that gives him 11 days before game 1.  That is more then enough time to be ready for the opener.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, if you say so ?

And I ignore the guys who take shots at me but I had a moment of weakness there as I was very upset that it looked our our season went down the drain with the non contact injury.

Anyways, Zachs back walking already.  That shows you how minor this injury really was.  Who knows.  He could be doing some light throwing next week for all we know.

Other thing to take note - he's already walking without a limp, probably close to pain free - it's about strengthening now.

I suspect he'll be throwing the ball, maybe not with the team but throwing nonetheless, before he's actually ready to get back to full reps with the team. I would not be surprised if he's throwing by next Friday.  Essentially two weeks from the injury.

Then another week of rehab and he's back - 100%

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

And I ignore the guys who take shots at me but I had a moment of weakness there as I was very upset that it looked our our season went down the drain with the non contact injury.

Anyways, Zachs back walking already.  That shows you how minor this injury really was.  Who knows.  He could be doing some light throwing next week for all we know.

I'm sorry, moment of weakness for you would have been you thinking we come in second in the AFCE next season. What you had was more like 

Will Ferrell Crying GIF

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A few things here.  It is year 2 of a ground up rebuild.  A 37 year old qb who “may” give us the best chance to win is not what this season is about.  This season is about getting our young players experience for the 2023 season when we will be challenging the bills for the afc east crown.  Any snap Joe Flaccid takes in the regular season is a wasted snap.

Secondly, this theory that zach needs all this practice to be ready to return is total nonsense.  This is his 2nd year in this offense.  He has taken thousands of reps this offseason and training camp.  He is an elite athlete.  Hes only missing 2-3 weeks of work.  Zach will be back by Aug 31st and that gives him 11 days before game 1.  That is more then enough time to be ready for the opener.

I am in complete agreement with you on the first item - that is why I stated week 1 only.

Regarding the second - let's put aside his athletic abilities etc. He is missing 2-3 weeks of camp and reps during pre-season games.

From what I have seen of him so far - there is a good chance week 1 when factoring in the missed time is a bit big for him right now. The place will be amped up and so will he - he could go out and have a great day - or if he is not 100% ready (not physical) it could be professional lawn darts.

Take away the emotion and just focus on which QB gives you the best chance of victory week 1 considering all factors. 

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

???

He hasn't  even started rehab yet

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do we know that though?  The swelling from surgery has probably subsided by now.  I am sure he is working with physical therapists on stretching and range of motion stuff already.

Just yesterday,  Saleh was reported  to have said he is chomping at the bit to start rehab

That would mean he hasn't  started it yet. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  really getting to the point you can't  believe anything he says.  It was reported last that this is a 4 to 6 week time table. Why would you bring him back early. 

he didn't say bring him back early.  he said he will step on the field when he's ready.  if that's week 1 then it's week 1.  i doubt he's ready week 1.

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Wilson didn’t blow his knee out, it’s just bruised. They reiterated that’s it a 2-4 week recovery.

I am a 58 year old corporate attorney.  I am physically active-strength train, yoga, run, bike.  I have had both of my knees scoped for meniscus I run 1-3 half marathons a year.  As recently as last month I did serious track speed work.

I hurt my knee a few weeks ago-basically landed badly from a high pull up bar.  It has basically healed on its own.  My PT basically said I had the same injury as Zach Wilson-bone bruise and meniscus damage.  Maybe torn, maybe not.  

So why am I boring you with this story?  It took me 58 years of physical activity and beaten up knees to land wrong and bruise the insides of my knee.  22 year old Zach Wilson just did the same thing, without contact, basically running around on a football field like he and 2000 other NFL players do everyday.  There is no way Zach Wilson stays healthy enough to play this game.  

I have another one.  

The 49ers are sitting around with a great roster and Jimmy G who they don’t want to play sucking up almost $30mm of cap space.  

What about if JD offered Zach Wilson straight up for Jimmy G, so long as Jimmy G agrees to a reasonable contract extension and puts off some of his cap hit to next year?  Would the 49ers take it?  They can basically try out Lance and Wilson and see who works out, at a combined cost of about half Jimmy G was.   Does it make sense for the Jets to make that trade?  We still have Flacco, etc.

Based on what I have seen from Wilson, and the players the Jets have now on this roster, I think this trade makes sense.  I think Woody would do it too.  I think it makes the Jets relevant in 2022-2023.  

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am a 58 year old corporate attorney.  I am physically active-strength train, yoga, run, bike.  I have had both of my knees scoped for meniscus I run 1-3 half marathons a year.  As recently as last month I did serious track speed work.

I hurt my knee a few weeks ago-basically landed badly from a high pull up bar.  It has basically healed on its own.  My PT basically said I had the same injury as Zach Wilson-bone bruise and meniscus damage.  Maybe torn, maybe not.  

So why am I boring you with this story?  It took me 58 years of physical activity and beaten up knees to land wrong and bruise the insides of my knee.  22 year old Zach Wilson just did the same thing, without contact, basically running around on a football field like he and 2000 other NFL players do everyday.  There is no way Zach Wilson stays healthy enough to play this game.  

little free advise...i know must be new concept for you....nobody likes attorneys

just messin with u...........i think

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

I have another one.  

The 49ers are sitting around with a great roster and Jimmy G who they don’t want to play sucking up almost $30mm of cap space.  

What about if JD offered Zach Wilson straight up for Jimmy G, so long as Jimmy G agrees to a reasonable contract extension and puts off some of his cap hit to next year?  Would the 49ers take it?  They can basically try out Lance and Wilson and see who works out, at a combined cost of about half Jimmy G was.   Does it make sense for the Jets to make that trade?  We still have Flacco, etc.

Based on what I have seen from Wilson, and the players the Jets have now on this roster, I think this trade makes sense.  I think Woody would do it too.  I think it makes the Jets relevant in 2022-2023.  

Thoughts?

i object!

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

There is absolutely  no reason for him to take another camp or preseason snap and I would keep him out of the Ravens game at a minimum.  He will still play 16 games. This guy actually fell down and got a bone bruise without anyone touching him. If that isn't  injury prone, nobody was ever injury prone. 

Zach got a bone bruise instead of an ACL tear because of the soft turf . A bone bumeuise is pretty much by definition a non contact injury. Maybe try to be a tiny bit factual in your Zach bashing