<<<<<<< Jets vs Ravens -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Agreed. 

But JD is NOT allowing Saleh to bench Flacco mid game. No way in hell. 

The man released him, then traded a fkn pick to get him back lol. 

At this point, I would almost bet that they ride Flacco all the way to Zachs return JUST so they can save face on the "investment". 

I also fully believe that Saleh wants the vet there because he THINKS it takes criticism  off of him when the offense sucks, and it does to an extent. These blowhards in sports media never ever grill Saleh about his game time decisions or management. 

This is why all these clowns need to be fired today

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know if it’s schtick or not anymore because I, genuinely, cannot believe that anyone could have watched the game today and said to themselves that Joe Flacco is, at worst, the 2nd best QB on the roster.

At this stage he is, honestly, a distant 4th, and that’s not even bringing the fact that we have to answer an important question in regards to Zach by the end of the year.

Zach is, by every metric, the fourth best QB on the Jets payroll. That is, when he elects to play football. Whenever that may be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It was, for me, the most enjoyable game I've watched since 2015.

I don't like Mike White.  I'm well aware of what he is, a variant of the Taylor Heinicke type of QB.  A try-hard with subpar skills best suited to be a career backup.  He's not an answer at QB long-term.

But he's better than Flacco, and I'm not as yet convinced he's not better than Wilson.

Having him start would at least make the game interesting next week.  If he sucks dick like Flacco did today, ok.  Nothing was lost.

He's the alternative.  We only have so many QB's.

Noodle Knee is out again.  Flacco is just too old, too slow.

So that leaves White, who gave us some fun for a game and a start last year.

And Strev.  Trust me, I'd be fine seeing Strev too if White fails badly.  

I just want SOME reason to be interested till Zach gets back.

Joe Flacco is not that guy.

When did I say Flacco should play?  I said I’m fine with White starting.  I just find it comical the praise Mike gets after one good game against a team who clearly didn’t show up because they knew they were playing a bad team.  Also for me the most enjoyable part of last year was watching “Noodle knee” as you call him show some progress after the rough start and injury.  I understand Mike “The lmmortal” White had a good game against the Bengals which I’m happy we won but then I saw his other games which weren’t so good ? 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Agreed. 

But JD is NOT allowing Saleh to bench Flacco mid game. No way in hell. 

The man released him, then traded a fkn pick to get him back lol. 

At this point, I would almost bet that they ride Flacco all the way to Zachs return JUST so they can save face on the "investment". 

I also fully believe that Saleh wants the vet there because he THINKS it takes criticism  off of him when the offense sucks, and it does to an extent. These blowhards in sports media never ever grill Saleh about his game time decisions or management. 

They’re going to have to cart Flacco off the field before they give Mike White another chance. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach is, by every metric, the fourth best QB on the Jets payroll. That is, when he elects to play football. Whenever that may be. 

You can hold on to this belief and tell yourself that all you want, but it’s painfully obvious to every single person, even some here who don’t like him, that this isn’t true.  Last year is not this year, as evidenced by Flacco’s performance today.  He’s the worst QB on this roster and it’s not even close.  The Jets could pick up someone like Nathan Peterman tomorrow and Flacco would be bumped down to 5th.

Just now, Mogglez said:

You can tell yourself that all you want, but it’s painfully obvious to every single person, even some here who don’t like him, that this isn’t true.  Last year is not this year, as evidenced by Flacco’s performance today.  He’s the worst QB on this roster and it’s not even close.  The Jets could pick up someone tomorrow and he would be bumped down to 5th.

You’re not going to get me to defend Flacco, but the last time Zach Wilson took live snaps on a football field, it was a comedy of errors. He has shown nothing to suggest he’s ready to compete in an NFL game. Flacco sucks, but it’s Saleh who loves him. Blame that guy. 

I will say this.  Saleh had the right demeanor and analysis which is important to me.  The players are upbeat, positive and seem to think that mistakes they made are correctable and, more importantly, will be corrected.

So, my take as a Jet fan going back to the Titan days?  Maybe not SOJ.  I like what I heard because it sounded different with a different better and mature attitude.

See you all next week.

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

After today, Flacco certainly cemented himself below Zach. 

Today was going to be a sh*tshow on offense no matter who was the QB. The Ravens defense was always going to kick the crap out of our patchwork (but expensive) OL, and a gimpy Zach Wilson probably leaves that game in the second quarter, never to be seen again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re not going to get me to defend Flacco, but the last time Zach Wilson took live snaps on a football field, it was a comedy of errors. He has shown nothing to suggest he’s ready to compete in an NFL game. Flacco sucks, but it’s Saleh who loves him. Blame that guy. 

I am not putting a single ounce of stock into preseason and I am blaming Saleh.   Flacco is worse.  Period.  End of story, and you are, basically, the last person standing here saying otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve always been ok with that.  At the very least you get these things out of the other three QBs:

Wilson: quick release (Flacco’s is painfully slow), big arm, mobility, and big play potential.

White: Quick decision making and release which means even his check downs that he turns to too often have YAC potential.

Streveler: Mobility/dual threat.

I just want to be entertained. Too much to ask, clearly.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

When did I say Flacco should play?  I said I’m fine with White starting.  I just find it comical the praise Mike gets after one good game against a team who clearly didn’t show up because they knew they were playing a bad team.

One great game (vs. the Bengals).  Not good, great.  37 of 45, 405 yards passing, 3 TD to 2 INT, and a 107.9 QB rating.

One very good start (vs. the Colts), where he was 7 of 11 for 95 yards and a TD in the first quarter before getting hurt.  A 121 QB rating.

One INT-heavy start (vs. the Bills), where he was 24 of 44 for 251 yards with 4 INT's.  A 33.4 QBR because of those INT's.  But also one of only a very select few who produced >250 yards passing against the elite Buffalo Pass D last year.  Wilson was quite a bit worse vs. Buffalo (sans the INT's), even accounting for the variance in support.

I wish White had been given that start the next game vs. Miami instead of wasting it on Flacco.  I think he would have matched or bettered Flacco's production that day (Flacco himself was a 101 QBR that day).    

Hard to see why this record is so loathsome to warrant the sarcasm and anger he does.  If anyone has earned another start while Wilson is down again, it's White.  Not Flacco.

Also for me the most enjoyable part of last year was watching “Noodle knee” as you call him show some progress after the rough start and injury.

There was no meaningful progress.  That is a fan-derived fantasy, a rationalization to try and feel better about a guy whose first year made him look like a bust.  He was the worst QB in the NFL pre-injury, and the worst QB in the NFL post-injury. 

Most of his metrics decreased as the year wound on, other than his INT production.  And it's obviosu why, the entire aim was to stop the INT's, not to win or produce.

And now he is hurt again, forcing the very discussion we're having.  If he wasn't so fragile so far, there is nothing for us to discuss today about White vs. Flacco vs. Strev.

We all wanted Zach to start today,  It's not our fault he is once again unavailable.

I understand Mike “The lmmortal” White had a good game against the Bengals which I’m happy we won but then I saw his other games which weren’t so good ? 

Keep laughing I guess. /shrug.

I just want to see something interesting till Wilson comes back and (IMO) continues to show himself to just be the next bust QB picked by the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I am not putting a single ounce of stock into preseason and I am blaming Saleh.   Flacco is worse.  Period.  End of story, and you are, basically, the last person standing here saying otherwise.

Both are active deterrents toward winning football games, just for different reasons.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

One great game (vs. the Bengals).  Not good, great.  37 of 45, 405 yards passing, 3 TD to 2 INT, and a 107.9 QB rating.

One very good start (vs. the Colts), where he was 7 of 11 for 95 yards and a TD in the first quarter before getting hurt.  A 121 QB rating.

One INT-heavy start (vs. the Bills), where he was 24 of 44 for 251 yards with 4 INT's.  A 33.4 QBR because of those INT's.  But also one of only a very select few who produced >250 yards passing against the elite Buffalo Pass D last year.  Wilson was quite a bit worse vs. Buffalo (sans the INT's), even accounting for the variance in support.

I wish White had been given that start the next game vs. Miami instead of wasting it on Flacco.  I think he would have matched or bettered Flacco's production that day (Flacco himself was a 101 QBR that day).    

Hard to see why this record is so loathsome that White gets the amount of non-support here.  If anyone has earned another start while Wilson is down, it's White.  Not Flacco.

There was no meaningful progress.  That is a fan-derived fantasy, a rationalization to try and feel better about a guy whose first year made him look like a bust.  He was the worst QB in the NFL pre-injury, and the worst QB in the NFL post-injury. 

Most of his metrics decreased as the year wound on, other than his INT production.  

And now he is hurt again, forcing the very discussion we're having.  If he wasn't so fragile so far, there is nothing for us to discuss today about White vs. Flacco vs. Strev.

Keep laughing I guess. /shrug.

I just want to see something interesting till Wilson comes back and (IMO) continues to show himself to just be the next bust QB picked by the Jets.

Mike White is that you? ? 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

That’s fine I just think you’re putting too much faith in White.  Unless the oline plays a lot better the results will probably be similar 

I haven’t mentioned white. I’d actually prefer a look-see at Strev since JD didn’t get any of the QBs I wanted.

I've said it a couple times in this thread.
They couldnt pull Flacco. They just couldnt. 
Doing so would be an admission that they got it wrong (they did). 

I kind of get that point, but sticking with Flacco is an admission of what exactly? In no way, shape or form do I think White is the savior at QB, but at the very least at a certain point in a game, you have to try and shake it up. For all we know, White comes in and plays like dirt, so what? When we got down 17-3, even my 6 year old knew Flacco was not bringing us back. I highly doubt White does either, but there’s always a chance he could make a play here and there, offense gets some confidence and the team pieces together a comeback. Also, there is a body of work to go by for next week. The coaching staff is inept and Flacco (body language alone) is a loser. Of course flacco has to start next week, he’s a safe pick for the coaching staff and an easy excuse. To be honest, tired of the excuses. Don’t want to hear about the Oline, the Ravens had a backup to a backup at left tackle and didn’t miss a beat. Our entire coaching staff can’t equal the football knowledge Harbaugh has in his pinkie toe. They are an out and out disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Not sure I understand the offensive game plan today.

As a team, they were averaging 4.9 yards a carry. The running game looked to be the only thing going well, and it was a close game, and a rainy game.

So we throw 59 times.

chess GIF

Just now, Warfish said:

So you have no actual retort or counterargument.  Got it.

How can I possibly retort? Mike White is simply awesome.  His decision making is so top notch.  I owe him an apology.  For the past year I thought the Bengals looked slow and sluggish  because they were hungover but it was because playing against the Immortal Mike White they simply couldn’t keep up with his greatness .  I mean we should just give up on Wilson and play White because he will take us to the promise land ? 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

How can I possibly retort? Mike White is simply awesome.  His decision making is so top notch.  I owe him an apology.  For the past year I thought the Bengals looked slow and sluggish  because they were hungover but it was because playing against the Immortal Mike White they simply couldn’t keep up with his greatness .  I mean we should just give up on Wilson and play White because he will take us to the promise land ? 

So first an empty retort, and now a strawman retort.

Any more wisdom you have to share?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

True they’ve been bad.  Although obviously nobody expects Becton to go down for the year again and for Brown to get injured too.  But JD needs to make a move.  He had extra cap room now and needs to get more oline help for Wilson more than anything 

“Nobody expected Becton to go down…” ?????????????????????????????????????

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So first an empty retort, and now a strawman retort.

Any more wisdom you have to share?

Dude it’s all in good fun.  I think you’re a good poster and probably a good guy.  Just joking around on a tough day.  Anyway take care and hopefully the Jets bounce back next week 

• Upvote 1