<<<<<<< Jets vs Ravens -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

Flacco should not be allowed to play for the Jets again.  He is that bad at this point in has career.

Slow at everything.  Slow moving.  Slow thinking.  Slow deciding.  Slow.

Combined with JD's as-yet-unimproved O-line, and it's a recipe for disaster.  

Exactly, my friend.

I think the whole processing thing is what surprised me the most to be honest.  Once you lose a step there, that’s a wrap on your career.   I keep hammering the open crossers thing home because the plays were there to be had.  I don’t think the scheme or calls were poorly designed.  I, genuinely, believe that it was very poor execution by the man under center.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly, my friend.

I think the whole processing thing is what surprised me the most to be honest.  Once you lose a step there, that’s a wrap on your career.   I keep hammering the open crossers thing home because the plays were there to be had.  I don’t think the scheme or calls were poorly designed.  I, genuinely, believe that it was very poor execution by the man under center.

For whatever it's worth, the thing I saw from Mike White last year I didn't see from Zach then, or Flacco now, is speed of decision making.  

White got the ball, and got it out.  Bam.  Bam.  He spread it around, and had the ball moving quickly to the receivers.

It may be the only time that LaFluer's offense was actually run the way it was supposed to be run.

Make no mistake, Mike White is a skillset JAG, lacking true NFL arm strength or physical tools.

And yet, when he played last year was the only time I felt good about what I saw from the QB position.

/shrug, sure Zach's Tenn and TB games were ok too, but not the way White's playtime was.  Zach overcame the O and his own deficiencies.  White ran the O the way it was designed to run.

For that reason, I'd start White next week.  We literally have nothing to lose, Flacco clearly does not give us much of a chance to win, and Wilson isn't back yet. 

At least a Mike White-led game might be interesting to watch, if nothing else.  Are any fans truly excited/optimistic about Flacco's play next week?  If so, please, speak up and tell us why?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

For whatever it's worth, the thing I saw from Mike White last year I didn't see from Zach then, or Flacco now, is speed of decision making.  

White got the ball, and got it out.  Bam.  Bam.  He spread it around, and had the ball moving quickly to the receivers.

It may be the only time that LaFluer's offense was actually run the way it was supposed to be run.

Make no mistake, Mike White is a skillset JAG, lacking true NFL arm strength or physical tools.

And yet, when he played last year was the only time I felt good about what I saw from the QB position.

/shrug, sure Zach's Tenn and TB games were ok too, but not the way White's playtime was.  Zach overcame the O and his own deficiencies.  White ran the O the way it was designed to run.

For that reason, I'd start White next week.  We literally have nothing to lose, Flacco clearly does not give us much of a chance to win, and Wilson isn't back yet. 

At least a Mike White-led game might be interesting to watch, if nothing else.  

Problem is unless word comes from his boss, there is no way saleh is not starting Flacco until Zach is ready.

I expect to hear on Thursday what a great week of practice he is having.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

At least a Mike White-led game might be interesting to watch, if nothing else.  Are any fans truly excited/optimistic about Flacco's play next week?  If so, please, speak up and tell us why?

I actually agree.  I do think/hope Wilson is capable of getting there with reps and development, as all young QBs typically get frustrated/flustered, especially their rookie years…but White, in the meantime, should be getting the playing time over Flacco at this point, as it’s painfully obvious that Joe isn’t capable of playing fast anymore.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think it matters who we start. Mile white sucks a**hole just as bad as Flacco does. Zach sucks also. The team has no viable QB and the oline is atrocious. Team sucks hairy balls. Top 3 pick incoming 

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Did you watch the game? Fields did not play well at all. His success came on 2 broken plays. Good for him for hitting those.

Lance looked ok though. Just needs to get more consistent. I think he'll be a good QB.

If Lance ends up better than Wilson JD does not get extended.  Can't miss on 2 draft picks like that.  

• Sympathy 1

I actually agree.  I do think/hope Wilson is capable of getting there with reps and development, as all young QBs typically get frustrated/flustered, especially their rookie years…but White, in the meantime, should be getting the playing time over Flacco at this point, as it’s painfully obvious that Joe isn’t capable of playing fast anymore.  

At the very least, white should of been put in once they were down 17-3, maby he could of provided a spark, maby not. Stuck with flacco (who looked and played old) and now the coach has no body or work to compare one qb against another for next weeks game. That’s on the coaching staff, for whatever reason not pulling flacco.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Look I have no issue starting Mike White next week  but I do laugh at the praise he gets from his fanbase.  I guess that one Bengals game endeared some fans to him for life.  Granted the Bengals looked like they were hung over that day but nonetheless it was a good game.  It’s just odd the amount of live he is getting even when it comes to our young number 1 QB ? 

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

At the very least, white should of been put in once they were down 17-3, maby he could of provided a spark, maby not. Stuck with flacco (who looked and played old) and now the coach has no body or work to compare one qb against another for next weeks game. That’s on the coaching staff, for whatever reason not pulling flacco.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I've said it a couple times in this thread.

They couldnt pull Flacco. They just couldnt. 

Doing so would be an admission that they got it wrong (they did). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

31 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Thank you gentleman. Woulda been nice to see with Zach in there. I’m sure he would’ve struggled at times but feel like we woulda had more of a chance. Who knows. Either way get Flacco out of there. He just seems checked out. Always has been. 

Zach Wilson is not walking on that field until he has an OL in front of him that "his team" approves of.  

That may be week 5 if DB is back.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Omg go awayyyyy. 

I don’t know if it’s schtick or not anymore because I, genuinely, cannot believe that anyone could have watched the game today and said to themselves that Joe Flacco is, at worst, the 2nd best QB on the roster.

At this stage he is, honestly, a distant 4th, and that’s not even bringing the fact that we have to answer an important question in regards to Zach by the end of the year.

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I feel like I’m the only person who expected this exact performance. Serious question, Why is everyone so upset? This is a 4-5 win team. And Things won’t magically get better when Zach Wilson returns. He’s no better than Flacco.

Only person? Lol where you been?

Just now, Mogglez said:

I don’t know if it’s schtick or not anymore because I, genuinely, cannot believe that anyone could have watched the game today and said to themselves that Joe Flacco is, at worst, the 2nd best QB on the roster.

At this stage he is, honestly, a distant 4th, and that’s not even bringing the fact that we have to  answer an important question in regards to Zach by the end of the year.

We are at the “throw in the pre-season phenom” stage of the season, already. And I agree. Why the hell not?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I don't think it matters who we start. Mile white sucks a**hole just as bad as Flacco does. Zach sucks also. The team has no viable QB and the oline is atrocious. Team sucks hairy balls. Top 3 pick incoming 

Well, if you're right, and it doesn't matter, then I start the younger QB.

Maybe it is pointless, as you think, but I'll be honest, I have more personal interest in watching a White-led game than a Flacco-led game, at least until Zach finally comes back, because I have more interest in watching a Zach-led game than a White-led game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I've said it a couple times in this thread.

They couldnt pull Flacco. They just couldnt. 

Doing so would be an admission that they got it wrong (they did). 

They got it wrong when they traded for him last season. Called the right team, traded for the wrong QB.

image.thumb.png.47c0da675a3fe052793a076ae742769f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

We are at the “throw in the pre-season phenom” stage of the season, already. And I agree. Why the hell not?

I’ve always been ok with that.  At the very least you get these things out of the other three QBs:

Wilson: quick release (Flacco’s is painfully slow), big arm, mobility, and big play potential.

White: Quick decision making and release which means even his check downs that he turns to too often have YAC potential.

Streveler: Mobility/dual threat.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly, my friend.

This is the way I saw it too.  Flacco was indecisive.  Slow to go through progressions, could not slide around to make pays in a messy pocket.  I am one of the guys that wanted Flacco to start once Wilson went down.  I thought he would give us the best chance to win a game or two while Zach is out.  I was wrong. 

White should be starting next week.  Or even Streveler.  Flacco is done.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I have no issue starting Mike White next week  but I do laugh at the praise he gets from his fanbase.  I guess that one Bengals game endeared some fans to him for life.

It was, for me, the most enjoyable game I've watched since 2015.

I don't like Mike White.  I'm well aware of what he is, a variant of the Taylor Heinicke type of QB.  A try-hard with subpar skills best suited to be a career backup.  He's not an answer at QB long-term.

But he's better than Flacco, and I'm not as yet convinced he's not better than Wilson.

Having him start would at least make the game interesting next week.  If he sucks dick like Flacco did today, ok.  Nothing was lost.

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Granted the Bengals looked like they were hung over that day but nonetheless it was a good game.  It’s just odd the amount of live he is getting even when it comes to our young number 1 QB ? 

He's the alternative.  We only have so many QB's.

Noodle Knee is out again.  Flacco is just too old, too slow.

So that leaves White, who gave us some fun for a game and a start last year.

And Strev.  Trust me, I'd be fine seeing Strev too if White fails badly.  

I just want SOME reason to be interested till Zach gets back.

Joe Flacco is not that guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Been saying this for two years.  Falling mostly on deaf ears.  The record is the record.  Period.

And if you can’t Up “the record”, you better at least move up to the notch called “competitive”.  Not totally fair to judge this team.....YET, not with Flacco starting.  The D played very very well today before getting totally gassed, which was inevitable.

The real jury has to come out when Wilson gets back.  Or should I say IF Wilson comes back.  You never know with this management when they make proclamations.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

They got it wrong when they traded for him last season. Called the right team, traded for the wrong QB.

image.thumb.png.47c0da675a3fe052793a076ae742769f.png

Agreed. 

But JD is NOT allowing Saleh to bench Flacco mid game. No way in hell. 

The man released him, then traded a fkn pick to get him back lol. 

At this point, I would almost bet that they ride Flacco all the way to Zachs return JUST so they can save face on the "investment". 

I also fully believe that Saleh wants the vet there because he THINKS it takes criticism  off of him when the offense sucks, and it does to an extent. These blowhards in sports media never ever grill Saleh about his game time decisions or management. 

• Sympathy 1