Wilson at practice warming up

kevinc855

3 hours ago, the Claw said:

He’s playing football, though. He cut to turn upfield to gain a couple of yards for his team, that’s hardly “hero-ball.” It could have happened dodging a pass rusher or could have happened actually running out of bounds. These are competitive guys and they compete sometimes. 

There is a difference in competitive  and being smart. The smart thing to do was run out of bounds

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Its not just the injury itself.  It’s that he got automatically ruled out for a minimum of 3 weeks because….reasons?

Why not just have it be a week-to-week injury?  None of this makes sense.

Zach sucks.  

To prevent further injury?  What did he do to you my friend? Tell me how he hurt you

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its not just the injury itself.  It’s that he got automatically ruled out for a minimum of 3 weeks because….reasons?

Why not just have it be a week-to-week injury?  None of this makes sense.

Zach sucks.  

I think it makes sense.  Recovery time plus recouping the practice time he missed to close training camp.

What that does/doesn’t say about the staffs confidence in him is surely debatable but I immediately thought the 3 week thing was partially to recoup missed TC time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He injured his knee while planting his foot because he was trying to cut up the field. Running out of bounds would have not required a cut. I applaud your persistence, but you are wrong on this one. 

No kidding.  That’s how non contact injuries happen.  Sometimes running for the sideline too.  

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

And why did he plant his foot, to turn back in and gain more yards.  Hero ball

No shlt.  And if trying to get extra yards is hero ball what’s the opposite?  Can’t believe you guys are arguing that trying to gain yards is problematic, especially given how open the field was.  You can get a non contact knee injury anywhere on the field and give the same answer, should have turned right instead of left 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is really silly.

He made a very basic inside cut - to try and get a first down.  He didn't try to take on blockers - or run through tacklers.  It really is silly to call it "Hero Ball"  - whatever that means.

If he has to be worried about making a cut like that - into nobody - and being injured than he shouldn't be playing.   You'll get your wish, because he won't be around very long.

But it was a basic move - one he should continue to make, without fear.

Agree that this argument is silly. Zach Wilson should have run out of bounds or slid in a meaningless preseason game. Not at all silly to call a hero ball play, hero ball. 

Hero ball is pretending that you are Johnny Unitas in the Super Bowl on the last play of the game but instead, it's the preseason and making an extraordinary play does bupkis. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No kidding.  That’s how non contact injuries happen.  Sometimes running for the sideline too.  

Non-contact injuries happen on plants, jumps, cuts, and pivots. If you can find me one instance of a player getting a non-contact injury running to the sideline, I will show you a montage of all the Jets regular season victories against the Eagles. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For sure. They should probably shelve him until 2023 to be safe. He could get hit if he plays in a game.

You keep making the same dumb argument that he’s being a wuss.  You just don’t seem to get that a workout isn’t a game and a bone bruise isn’t as simple as plain meniscus surgery.  

And seem to believe if you keep repeating the same take 30+ times it becomes true.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Non-contact injuries happen on plants, jumps, cuts, and pivots. If you can find me one instance of a player getting a non-contact injury running to the sideline, I will show you a montage of all the Jets regular season victories against the Eagles. 

You missed the word running somehow.  
How it happened.  

2 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Haha.  Hero ball.  Fake news.  Made up term.

Synonym: gunslinger.  What everyone wants.

Sheesh.

Hero ball.  My new favorite term for a QB trying to gain more yardage, more yardage than someone arbitrarily feels is acceptable.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, and you can’t get injured cutting to your right.  I get it.  Or it would have been his left knee.  

You are probably responding to someone else because this doesn't apply to our conversation. Either that, or you doing the thing my ex-girlfriend would do. She would create a boogeyman and then make me defend myself against something I never thought, said, or implied. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Huh?? How’s this compare to Darnold? Are we still talking about injuries

Just like Darnold, Wilson has missed 3+ games each season of his career so far.

And Darnold had a more impressive rookie season, with a weaker supporting cast.

No comparison to Darnold whatsoever or the kinds of posts people made in my direction during that era though, you're right.

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No shlt.  And if trying to get extra yards is hero ball what’s the opposite?  Can’t believe you guys are arguing that trying to gain yards is problematic, especially given how open the field was.  You can get a non contact knee injury anywhere on the field and give the same answer, should have turned right instead of left 

The problem that you seem not to want to address is it was a meanigless game. He could have ran for a TD and it wouldn't  matter. Turning in and not out exposes you to risk of contact.  Excepting that is playing hero ball in a meaningless game.

And to answer your question, the opposite would be taking the safe way out, not risking injury and being ready to play when the season starts. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sucked at playing QB.

This is the same sh*t y’all said during the Darnold era.  The exact same.  We keep drafting the same guy.

We keep protecting the same guy until the next guy comes in to protect and then the previous guy was actually bad.

4 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

Many fans have already made up their mind on Wilson. Nothing will change how they see him.

Tell you what, why don't you wait and see how people respond to a QB who isn't remarkably bad before you decide that people would be critical of him?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

That's the thing he has had moments where he wasn't remarkably bad. Yet... Here we are lol 

Moments?

Steph Curry and I can make the exact same shot.  The difference is he does it consistently and mine would be a moment.

Mark Sanchez had moments.  Sam Darnold had moments.  Geno Smith had, and is still having, moments.

Moments isn't enough.  You need to string together a lot of moments.  The amount of moments Zach Wilson had left him as the NFL's worst QB last year - in other words, he may have had moments, but compared to his peers, he had the least moments.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2