Wilson at practice warming up

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Not playing him this week is a mistake

Yeah I'm not totally sure I understand this. If you told me he was getting a few snaps in 7 on 7 this week with the intention of working him up to full team practice next week, ok, I can buy that. But that means he should play week 3 against cincy. Based on how he's progressing, not sure what the rational is to hold him out until week 4...

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Seems odd that he can make these movements with no brace on but can’t play in a game. 

Not only can he not play in a game, weren’t we told the team captain couldn’t stand on the sideline for a couple hours during last week’s game because the bone bruise needs to rest in order to heal?

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, derp said:

Not only can he not play in a game, weren’t we told the team captain couldn’t stand on the sideline for a couple hours during last week’s game because the bone bruise needs to rest in order to heal?

Josh Allen was asked yesterday if his scrambling against the Rams in a blowout where Aaron Donald and company were actively trying to rip his legs off was “necessary” and Allen replied, “It’s not necessary, but it’s football.” Meanwhile, for the second year in a row, our coaching staff is delaying the return of our Twinkie-soft Mouseketeer twink QB until we get to an opponent that might not tackle him too hard. Pathetic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Josh Allen was asked yesterday if his scrambling against the Rams in a blowout where Aaron Donald and company were actively trying to rip his legs off was “necessary” and Allen replied, “It’s not necessary, but it’s football.” Meanwhile, for the second year in a row, our coaching staff is delaying the return of our Twinkie-soft Mouseketeer twink QB until we get to an opponent that might not tackle him too hard. Pathetic. 

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nice work by the Jets painting themselves into a corner on this one. 

Yet again.

We heard "2-4 weeks" and "might be ready for opening day".  Then we heard "week 4 at the earliest".  Now he's practicing and people are wondering why he's not on the field.

We also had the Becton situation from last year that was supposed to be around a month but ended up being the entire season.  Then again this year, Saleh said Becton looked like he was going to be okay but then was out for the season.

It's seemingly never ending.  

And add to it the idiotic "receipts" comment by Saleh that he essentially retracted the next day.  

Of course, Saleh said "This is not the Same Old Jets. But until we win, until we prove it — which is on us as coaches and on us as players — the shots will keep on coming."

But then we hear from Will Parks that “It motivated the s–t out of us", showing that he missed the point entirely (which is the "But until we win, until we prove it..." part of Saleh's retraction). 

But we can also add this cherry on to.  Parks also said:

I felt like it was necessary. Wake guys up. Either you’re going to perform or you’re not.”

Wake guys up?!?!?  I mean, it looked like we were sleepwalking through week 1.  But then again, it was only the season opener at home, on 9/11, and after a major talent upgrade in the offseason.  So with all that, how could we possibly expect the team to not be asleep?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Jets have a very low bar here for success.  Success will be defined at the end of the season by progress not W/L as nobody expected playoff (no matter what JD said).  By starting off really really bad even 1st 4 games losing as long as they start looking better as season goes on and win a few games that will be a win in many eyes (not mine) and will buy them another season plus big number of fans have short memory.

Hell look at White - he won 1 game and guys like Tom Shame are taking their pants down for him.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet again.

We heard "2-4 weeks" and "might be ready for opening day".  Then we heard "week 4 at the earliest".  Now he's practicing and people are wondering why he's not on the field.

I agree that this has been handled poorly but that practice video is not exactly a guy going 100pct.

Either way,  there is no way they can hold him out next week. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Says the guy that destroyed Wilson for running in a pre season game 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Says the guy that destroyed Wilson for running in a pre season game 

I’m glad you said this, because I was wondering what is the hip cool thing to bash Wilson for currently?  I know it used to be failing to run out of bounds but now it seems it’s because he’s soft.

Its hard to keep up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Here’s a possible explanation:

There was a slim chance that ZW would be ready to play game 1, but that never materialized. The medical people then gave Saleh a lot of “maybes” and “ifs” for game 2 and for game 3. Rather than deal with the daily “Is ZW ready yet?” Saleh just said he’s out until game 4, knowing (but keeping to himself) that it could be sooner. 

It’s a simple explanation, but lacks all of the palace intrigue stuff that some are so very certain about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Seems odd that he can make these movements with no brace on but can’t play in a game. 

Last year, they buried Mike White to preserve BYU’s confidence. This year, they are burying BYU to preserve BYU’s confidence.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Beyond stupid. Is this guy made of paper mache or is he an NFL QB?

Matt Stafford stayed in a game with a dislocated shoulder.  These games are precious.  There's nothing to say he won't get injured again anytime he comes back and then in hindsight you elected not to play him in games he could have played in. 

It's frustrating but I AM glad he didn't play behind that Line last week.

• Upvote 1