Would you start Zach Wilson Sunday @Cleveland?

Would You Start Wilson Sunday?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Start Wilson Sunday?

• Yes, of course I would
    • No, don't be stupid

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Certainly truth to this but the Chargers are arguably Super Bowl contenders and that was a crucial game against the standard bearer in their division.

"Playing it safe" with Zach, while disappointing, makes some level of sense especially if you're JD and Saleh and need him to pan out.

All the more reason to pull the hurt QB when the game is basically over.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the better question is "who's decision is it" whether Zach plays and when.

Is Saleh making the call? Doesn't feel like it. JD's call? Is WIlson's camp pushing back? Doesn't seem clear to me.

The Wilson interview the day Saleh announced not until Steelers was really awkward. Seemed like he was uncomfortable and trying to hide something.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Wilson interview the day Saleh announced not until Steelers was really awkward. Seemed like he was uncomfortable and trying to hide something.

He wants to play but he’s trying to back his team.  

Also, bone bruise ms are 6-8 weeks to get to 100%.  They just hit 4 weeks.  I hope they aren’t waiting longer.  

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He wants to play but he’s trying to back his team.  

Also, bone bruise ms are 6-8 weeks to get to 100%.  They just hit 4 weeks.  I hope they aren’t waiting longer.  

Wouldn't surprise me if he wants to play but is being told no. 

Broken rib cartilage is up to 6 week recovery but Herbert is day to day. My point is that generic injury recovery timelines are useless.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's more likely the opposite is true.

It's more likely they KNOW he has it - and don't want to risk further injury to their future.  Would be short sighted to cause potential extra harm when you're confident you have your FQB for the next 15 years.

If they didn't think he has it, why not risk extra injury?

Zach is not a NFL QB.  I just hope he doesn't get hurt badly when he comes back.

image.png.0c939b70c6b657bdf9c03324797ae4a7.png

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Certainly truth to this but the Chargers are arguably Super Bowl contenders and that was a crucial game against the standard bearer in their division.

"Playing it safe" with Zach, while disappointing, makes some level of sense especially if you're JD and Saleh and need him to pan out.

The game was over - really careless for them to keep Herbert in at that point. What did scoring that extra TD do? Let's risk our season because we just might recover an onside kick. SMH

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he wants to play but is being told no. 

Broken rib cartilage is up to 6 week recovery but Herbert is day to day. My point is that generic injury recovery timelines are useless.

With a lot of injuries it's all about pain tolerance.  We've certainly seen more than a few players put off surgery until the offseason and just manage the pain all season while staying in the lineup.  

This is the NFL.  These guys are borderline gladiators out there.  There's no room for the physically or mentally weak.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Because he probably thought he could play or play sooner but was being told no, we’re gonna hold you out for this long. 

Which means the coaching staff is coddling him OR doesn't believe in him.  And yes, I say coddling.  Not "erring on the side of caution" or "playing it safe".  There's a difference.  

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which means the coaching staff is coddling him OR doesn't believe in him.  And yes, I say coddling.  Not "erring on the side of caution" or "playing it safe".  There's a difference.  

They know if Wilson set foot on the field tomorrow he would self destruct and officially become labeled a worse bust than Sam Darnold.  Flacco will be wearing Myles Garret like a cheap suit tommorow 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, williecrystal said:

They know if Wilson set foot on the field tomorrow he would self destruct and officially become labeled a worse bust than Sam Darnold.  Flacco will be wearing Myles Garret like a cheap suit tommorow 

Garret was a non-factor in the first half last week aside from one pressure. The Panthers kept a TE in on most downs and Garret kind of just quit. In the second half they didn't put a TE over there as much and Garrett ate.

I assume our coaches are smart enough to figure this out.

Aside from that, if you're scared to play your #2 overall pick in year two after he's been named the starter I don't really care if he self destructs. I don't believe the CS sees it that way but if they do we're in for a real garbage season.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Garret was a non-factor in the first half last week aside from one pressure. The Panthers kept a TE in on most downs and Garret kind of just quit. In the second half they didn't put a TE over there as much and Garrett ate.

I assume our coaches are smart enough to figure this out.

Aside from that, if you're scared to play your #2 overall pick in year two after he's been named the starter I don't really care if he self destructs. I don't believe the CS sees it that way but if they do we're in for a real garbage season.

The Office Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

I think we should make Joe Flacco our franchise QB. Forget WIlson, cut him. Forget Mike White, cut him. Forget Chris Streveler, cut him.

Coach Salesman told us Joe Flacco played well last week, who am I to argue.

Just play Joe Flacco - for all 18 games

At least this will guarantee that Sean Payton gets an interview in January.