Would you start Zach Wilson Sunday @Cleveland?

Would You Start Wilson Sunday?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Start Wilson Sunday?

• Yes, of course I would
    • No, don't be stupid

23 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

No. He should only be back when he’s 100% healthy. We aren’t a playoff team anyway, we just need to see if he’ll be the guy or not, and an extra game or two won’t influence that. If he stays healthy and still sucks for a few months he’s done 

Serious question.  What is 100% healthy?  I'm not sure there's a measurement that the CS can use here to suit him up or not.  If he says he can play, don't you just play him?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

agreed.

and he took some more hits after the initial injury. its probably made it worst. i wish no ill will on anyone but i will laugh at this board if he misses alot of time. 

im sure the SD board is pounding their chests right now telling each other how much of a man they have a QB, not like that wimp in NY....... wait hes going to miss 10 weeks!!! OMG whats wrong with the HC. why didnt he take him out right away. fire him!!!! 

You’ll laugh if a guy with 69 passing TDs his first two years in the league misses time because it will prove what, exactly? I’d bet against BYU hitting that for his career. Before you scoff, consider:

Darnold - currently at 54

Geno - currently at 36

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

No

George Fant just got his sh*t pushed in against a 36 year old Calais Campbell. What do you think Garrett is going to do to him?

Let Flacco take the lumps and bring Zach back in another week or two after the OL has more time to gel.

This team isn’t making a playoff push anyway 

Was the option of Eric Fisher much worse than Fant? or do they have confidence that it was a one-time occurence?

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's a matter of toughness and pampering a player. If Zach can move around with no limitations on the knee why shouldn't he play? Because we're scared of the Browns big bad d-linemen? Because his mind isn't healed? What kind of soft, puss pop garbage is this? What kind of message does it send to the rest of the team? It's football, guys play hurt all the time and we're scared to put what we hope is our franchise QB into a game? What? 

Herbert was clearly limited last night but he wanted to stay in and no one felt the need to pamper him on a playoff hopeful team in a game that was 99% over (down 2 scores w/2 minutes left). 

You are speculating as to why he is not playing ... The doctors said that they need his bone bruise to heal and its not the MCL... maybe they are lying but that is what the latest information is.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You are speculating as to why he is not playing ... The doctors said that they need his bone bruise to heal and its not the MCL... maybe they are lying but that is what the latest information is.

Yes I am speculating based on the limited information that is publicly available and from what I can tell it makes no sense he isn't playing this week. How long does the bone bruise take to heal? He is moving around without any noticeable restriction. His surgery was 08/16, one month ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Nope.  Looks like he lost a little booty weight since he's been out.  Need to see that sucker get a little more plump before I feel good about his health.  As soon as that cute little bubble butt starts sticking out again, then you let him back on the field.  Until then, keep him on the sidelines away from harm and get the juicy booty back.

Love And Hip Hop Thirst GIF by VH1

No. But seriously. Start Dimples. 

23 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Start Flacco. If they're getting beaten up in the first half, bring Zach in with the S on his chest and his cape and let him lead them to a miraculous comeback. 

The offense gets behind him, the fans love him, MILFs all over America go wild with lust.

The "S" stands for sucks.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes I am speculating based on the limited information that is publicly available and from what I can tell it makes no sense he isn't playing this week. How long does the bone bruise take to heal? He is moving around without any noticeable restriction. His surgery was 08/16, one month ago.

You missed the whole bone bruise part of the equation.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’ll laugh if a guy with 69 passing TDs his first two years in the league misses time because it will prove what, exactly? I’d bet against BYU hitting that for his career. Before you scoff, consider:

Darnold - currently at 54

Geno - currently at 36

i think you missed my point. it has nothing to do with whos better.

i will laugh cause some on this board are calling Herbert a man and Zack a wimp. if Herbert misses a lot of time cause he was such a man and played through a injury that we could all see at home was really hurting him then what good was it that he stayed in the game? meanwhile that Wimp Zach who is taking a few weeks to make sure he is healed probably plays the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Counter point: Justin Herbert played while coughing up blood from the broken rib piercing his lung down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go last night.

Bah, he wasn't hurt that badly. Herbert's a puss. He planned the whole thing out, wiping red field paint on his jersey before the play so everyone would feel sorry for his emo ass. You could see a couple plays later he was fine, so he made a big deal out of nothing. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You missed the whole bone bruise part of the equation.

Jets’ QB Zach Wilson has a bone bruise and a meniscus tear and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks, as

@BrianCoz

also reported. Wilson will undergo arthroscopic surgery to address and correct the injury. Jets consider it fortunate news.

I miss nothing.

• Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, doitny said:

agreed.

and he took some more hits after the initial injury. its probably made it worst. i wish no ill will on anyone but i will laugh at this board if he misses alot of time. 

im sure the SD board is pounding their chests right now telling each other how much of a man they have a QB, not like that wimp in NY....... wait hes going to miss 10 weeks!!! OMG whats wrong with the HC. why didnt he take him out right away. fire him!!!! 

Nobody but Jet fans even know who Zach Wilson is.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’d hold him out an extra month just to piss you all off some more. 

Hey, I'm good with Wilson not playing, because I think he sucks.  I just don't want you dweebs coming in here saying "WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE HAVE YET" when he sucks for however long he plays in his shortened season. 

And, it goes without saying, I just don't want to see Flacco out there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

you of all people i would expect would not want any excuses for Zach if he plays bad. whats the difference if he sits till week 4 to make sure everything is healed. 14 games is plenty to see if he is the guy.

last thing i want to see is that he sucks and the pro Zach people on this board and Saleh all say he played all year with the bone bruise not fully healed and thats why he sucks. then guess what? we get another year of Zach cause he wasnt 100%. 

It wasn't for this crowd when Darnold was around.  

I agree that I don't want Wilson to get a laundry list of excuses.  But that's going to happen regardless.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Hilarious: the same folks that were adamant that Wilson should by no means play week 1 are those bashing him for not being on the field this week. 

He returned to practice this week.  lmao.  Kind of an important distinction, no?

Tell me this:  If he practices in full next week, why should he sit for Week 3?