Through 2 Weeks - Jets Offense is 8th in Yards, 15th in Scoring

Warfish

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I tho Clemons did an awesome job last week..you know that had to be a stinger in Jacoby leg Clemons gave him for the rest of the game may have even slightly effected outcome...at very least gave him a nice bruise looked like.  The penalty was well worth it.

Clemons works hard each play, plays with violence and purpose but he simply does not have a lot of pass rushing moves.  He has a great bull rush and great hustle, he won't be  big sack numbers guy.  I said this a few weeks back and got killed for it because he is a popular player.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Clemons works hard each play, plays with violence and purpose but he simply does not have a lot of pass rushing moves.  He has a great bull rush and great hustle, he won't be  big sack numbers guy.  I said this a few weeks back and got killed for it because he is a popular player.

i dont think you need 4.5 speed to be a good pass rusher just like I dont think you need 4.4 to be good WR

he is what he is...so far so good I think for him.  I think he can definitely impact games.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Next week is a big week for the Saleh Ulbrick duo.  The first two weeks the Bengals oline has been positively trashed to the point that Burrow will not last the season.   We drafted two pass rushers, we signed ford, we signed lawson last year, we have 'all world quinnen' we have the prince of pressures JF myers.

If the Jets are not all over Cincy in the pass rush department the rotation brothers (ulbirck and saleh) are looking fraudalicious.

I think the Jets defense is gonna get faced next week. The pass rush simply isn’t good enough. The Cowboys and Steelers have freaks off the edge that did all the damage, and the Jets have a bunch of stiffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Ah yes, I too like to make decisions with bad data 

Ah yes much better to trust the same “eye tests” that said all our past QBs were secretly good.

Football Outsiders has never been known to be “bad data”, by the way.  You’re just equating them with PFF and/or being stubborn on this one.  

Anyone who still doesn’t think Joe Douglas is at least a competent GM by now is simply off the mark.  He may have blown it with several of his decisions but the transformation on offense can no longer be ignored. We have talent everywhere.  

Hot seat:  Ice cold, at least until after Week 3 wraps up, lol.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think this has more to do with a wide 9 scheme than players, bend dont break, etc.. etc.. etc.. they rarely blitz is what I have been seeing.

The defense is set up for Quinnen Williams and Carl Lawson to sack the QB a lot and they’re both just ok players. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone who still doesn’t think Joe Douglas is at least a competent GM by now is simply off the mark.  He may have blown it with several of his decisions but the transformation on offense can no longer be ignored. We have talent everywhere.  

Hot seat:  Ice cold, at least until after Week 3 wraps up, lol.

sure as long as they win some games...they have another 4 game win clunker of a season they all on hot seat

38 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

When they mention the defense, they say if you can't perform with "all these resources that went into the defensive side"....ehh. I disagree with that.

The offense has def been favored Saleh's first two years. It was a little more balanced this offseason but IMO still a ton of areas to be improved upon. Where as the offensive side, I think we can all say, we're pretty OK there (obv aside from QB questions). 

They definitely shouldn't be a bad defense. But I think some more resources, specifically with the draft, can be put into that side of the ball. 

I don’t know, man. Mosley, Lawson, Quinnen, JFM, Sauce, Reed, and Whitehead are all pretty big investments.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Next week is a big week for the Saleh Ulbrick duo.  The first two weeks the Bengals oline has been positively trashed to the point that Burrow will not last the season.   We drafted two pass rushers, we signed ford, we signed lawson last year, we have 'all world quinnen' we have the prince of pressures JF myers.

If the Jets are not all over Cincy in the pass rush department the rotation brothers (ulbirck and saleh) are looking fraudalicious.

I agree that we all need to see the pass rush perform this weekend, BUT I also think the bengals OL issues are slightly overblown because people just look at the sack Totals. IMO, some of the sacks are on Burrow. He likes to hold the ball and extend the play forever (similar to Russell Wilson) and that leads to him taking several sacks a game that others don’t. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We're 13th in DVOA too. Caveats apply, but that's basically unheard of for the Jets.

The defense is dead last, btw. It's a major problem.

Gotta be worried about Burrow slicing and dicing us

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was trying to remember when this might have occurred. The Fitz-Brandon Marshall-Decker year? 

Yes 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

It was just funny because that was the Jamal draft. Jamal is a clownish sociopath who deserves all the ire he's gotten, but he's also 5x the player Solly is.

No, he really isn't.  

And process matters.  Thomas was a freakishly athletic DT coming out of school.  Adams was a Box Safety.  The former, if you hit, moves the needle for your franchise.  The latter, even if he's one of the greatest Box Safeties, ever, does not.  

• Upvote 1