Neeeeed More Breeeeece

Another of the "eh" Jet RBs.
Hes a workhorse that needs a lot of touches ... therefore he will get half that and we will never know. Because in camp Saleh it's not about maximizing results .. it's about extending the longevity of the players career at the expense of productivity.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

That 3rd down drop on the first drive was so brutal. Poorly placed ball by Flacco too, but if Breece catches it...its a touch down and a very different game given our inability to convert in red zone seemed to wear on the team and LaFleur as time progressed.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He was more involved this week but I'd really like to see more Breece on early downs, and get more rushing attempts. I love me some Michael Carter and all but Breece has another gear and is just a more explosive player. There have been a few Carter plays that looked like they could have turned into big gains w/a more explosive back.

Breece had 6 carries w1, 7 w2 and 8 w3. Carter has had 10, 7 and 11 yesterday. I'd much prefer to see Breece be the bell cow here with a 2/3rd share of the carries/routes. Usually it's the passing downs you stray away from rookie backs due to pass protection issues but w/Breece it is the other way around for some reason. He seems fine from what I've noticed in pass pro fwiw.

Time to engage in Breeeeeece Mode!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He was more involved this week but I'd really like to see more Breece on early downs, and get more rushing attempts. I love me some Michael Carter and all but Breece has another gear and is just a more explosive player. There have been a few Carter plays that looked like they could have turned into big gains w/a more explosive back.

Breece had 6 carries w1, 7 w2 and 8 w3. Carter has had 10, 7 and 11 yesterday. I'd much prefer to see Breece be the bell cow here with a 2/3rd share of the carries/routes. Usually it's the passing downs you stray away from rookie backs due to pass protection issues but w/Breece it is the other way around for some reason. He seems fine from what I've noticed in pass pro fwiw.

I remember reading here how dumb it is to take a RB high in the draft. Everyone said it was a waste of resources, you could get similar value picking one in the middle rounds.

Kate Mckinnon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I remember reading here how dumb it is to take a RB high in the draft. Everyone said it was a waste of resources, you could get similar value picking one in the middle rounds.

Kate Mckinnon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I mean WTF is the point of having 2 "above-average" RBs share the load when you run the ball 15 times a game.  We are ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing attempts.

We have averaged 52 pass attempts per game.  Buffalo is #3 with 45 per game and Josh Allen.  Little Flower needs to stop panicking by half time like it's the final 2 minutes.

• Upvote 2

I think criticism of our O-Co for the extreme skew of his playcalling Weeks 1-3 is absolutely valid.

Passing with Flacco 50 times a game, and only giving our talented RB pair 15 carries a game seems....bonkers, to me.

Playing from behind or not, that's not the way to run the Offense.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I mean WTF is the point of having 2 "above-average" RBs share the load when you run the ball 15 times a game.  We are ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing attempts.

We have averaged 52 pass attempts per game.  Buffalo is #3 with 45 per game and Josh Allen.  Little Flower needs to stop panicking by half time like it's the final 2 minutes.

The Jets never have a lead. You can’t keep running the ball when you’re always playing from behind.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lafleur needs to get his head out of his ass and give breece 20 plus carries a game.  

Between the 20 targets a game to Garrett Wilson you are advocating and the 20 carries to Breece, maybe we should run with the two of them, a QB, and 8 offensive linemen.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

First of all, you’re the guy saying they’re both above average, not me.

The Bills blew out their opposition the first two games, so yeah, they ran the ball. I’d love to hear you and the others here screaming when LaFleur tries to establish the running game when we’re down 10 in the first quarter and our D can’t stop anything, much less the second half when we’re down 14 plus. 
I’m sure you’ll all be screaming for them to keep “pounding the rock!” after watching that a few times. ?

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

First of all, you’re the guy saying they’re both above average, not me.

The Bills blew out their opposition the first two games, so yeah, they ran the ball. I’d love to hear you and the others here screaming when LaFleur tries to establish the running game when we’re down 10 in the first quarter and our D can’t stop anything, much less the second half when we’re down 14 plus. 
I’m sure you’ll all be screaming for them to keep “pounding the rock!” after watching that a few times. ?

I puts quotes around "above-average" because that is what everyone likes to say about them.  Our fan base likes crowning players as HoF'ers when they've touched the ball 12 times.

And yes, I'd be fine running the ball down 14 in the 4th quarter because I damn well know throwing it with Flacco and our pass protection will get us nowhere.

12 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I puts quotes around "above-average" because that is what everyone likes to say about them.  Our fan base likes crowning players as HoF'ers when they've touched the ball 12 times.

And yes, I'd be fine running the ball down 14 in the 4th quarter because I damn well know throwing it with Flacco and our pass protection will get us nowhere.

Did you feel that way after the Browns game last week also, or just after the game yesterday?

i’m not looking to argue with you, and I’m no fan of this CS. It’s just that these Monday morning threads where guys think they’re smarter than the coordinators are really dumb. 

• Upvote 2