Neeeeed More Breeeeece

46 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I mean WTF is the point of having 2 "above-average" RBs share the load when you run the ball 15 times a game.  We are ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing attempts.

We have averaged 52 pass attempts per game.  Buffalo is #3 with 45 per game and Josh Allen.  Little Flower needs to stop panicking by half time like it's the final 2 minutes.

So true. Such a dammed waste if they aren't going to use the running backs

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Did you feel that way after the Browns game last week also, or just after the game yesterday?

i’m not looking to argue with you, and I’m no fan of this CS. It’s just that these Monday morning threads where guys think they’re smarter than the coordinators are really dumb. 

How did we go from I'd like to see breece get more touches to I think I'm smarter than the coordinator? TF 

On 9/26/2022 at 10:09 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

He was more involved this week but I'd really like to see more Breece on early downs, and get more rushing attempts. I love me some Michael Carter and all but Breece has another gear and is just a more explosive player. There have been a few Carter plays that looked like they could have turned into big gains w/a more explosive back.

Breece had 6 carries w1, 7 w2 and 8 w3. Carter has had 10, 7 and 11 yesterday. I'd much prefer to see Breece be the bell cow here with a 2/3rd share of the carries/routes. Usually it's the passing downs you stray away from rookie backs due to pass protection issues but w/Breece it is the other way around for some reason. He seems fine from what I've noticed in pass pro fwiw.

Like Breece is gonna make a difference lol.... Remind me how many tackle breaking 50-60 yard runs he's had? Oh yea... NONE. 

We have bigger issues than your hard on for the draft-Cinderrella 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How did we go from I'd like to see breece get more touches to I think I'm smarter than the coordinator? TF 

Sorry, my bad for saying “the thread” instead of “some posters in the thread”.

I actually agree with your point. You’ve made it clear you want Breece to get the ball on more of the allotted run plays called  than he is. I’m disagreeing with those who want to call more running plays… because.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Like Breece is gonna make a difference lol.... Remind me how many tackling break 50-60 yard runs he's had? Oh yea... NONE. 

We bigger issues that your hard on for the draft Cinderrella 

Did I say this was going to solve all the Jets problems? Hard on for the draft Cinderella??? Y'all need a beer or something.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He has 213 total yards in limited action. Austin Ekeler has 219. Mixon and Jonathan Taylor have about 260 total yards despite being their team's work horse. I don't think you quite understand what a good RB looks like.  

Impact so far:  Zero.  Let's see his stats in a few years to see if he's indeed a star.   It's the only real indicator.  

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Did you feel that way after the Browns game last week also, or just after the game yesterday?

i’m not looking to argue with you, and I’m no fan of this CS. It’s just that these Monday morning threads where guys think they’re smarter than the coordinators are really dumb. 

Yes I've felt the same way since week 1.  Sure more time would've been taken off the clock against the Browns in the second half if we ran the ball, but maybe Cleveland wouldn't have gotten as many opportunities to score either.  Who knows.

I hate Monday morning quarterbacks as well, it's just my opinion we need a more balanced offense when we have Flacco at QB and our pass heavy O has not worked for 3 straight weeks (minus 2-minute stuff against Cleveland when running is out of the question.)  I was more excited for our run game going into this season than I was for Zach and our passing game.  Don't think we've had a rushing offense above 20th in 6-7 years.

LaFleur has 3 games now where his QB and pass protection have struggled, and throwing 45+ times has not been successful.  I prefer when coaches adapt and change to suit strengths and weaknesses.  Not saying we'll have more success, but if we're not trying different options, we are admitting defeat.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you get ahead in a game or stay real close and have a shut down defense you can run the ball, if not you can't in this league.

The jets have a bad defense and get behind early each game thus the running game is trash.

Yea I get that but we can still see less Carter and more Hall.

Aside from that I think even with being down being on pace to break the record in pass attempts isn't ideal with 37yo Flacco at QB.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Leon Washington was a fun back to watch but I wouldn't call him great.

I loved Leon.  One of my favorite Jets ever.   But he was not a #1 RB.  More of a top flight kick/punt returner and great at catching the ball in space. Thanks for reminding me of Leon.  I hated when he had that catastrophic injury and we let him go.  Should have retired as a Jet.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

That 3rd down drop on the first drive was so brutal. Poorly placed ball by Flacco too, but if Breece catches it...its a touch down and a very different game given our inability to convert in red zone seemed to wear on the team and LaFleur as time progressed.

yes, bad pass but he still needs to make that catch. it wasn't easy. if Flacco doesn't throw behind him it is a TD, but we drop too many damn balls. tough catch sure, but he has to make it. 

agree that killed the JETS and could have been a big swing in momentum. 

Can we also get Elijah Moore to not be on the outside running go routes half the game. the guy can run routes he needs to have a better gameplay called for him. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea I get that but we can still see less Carter and more Hall.

Aside from that I think even with being down being on pace to break the record in pass attempts isn't ideal with 37yo Flacco at QB.

No, Carter is on my FF team and Hall is not so that is out of the question.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Not saying you're wrong.  But I've been hearing about the talent level of Jet RBs for decades.  I'm not holding my breath.

Really, I haven't heard any such thing about RBs the Jets have drafted, until Carter last year and Hall this year.  In fact it's usually the other way around because the haven't invested invest at all in the position for decades.  

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Not saying you're wrong.  But I've been hearing about the talent level of Jet RBs for decades.  I'm not holding my breath.

You have?  Because in all of that time the philosophy has been drafting complimentary pieces in the 4th round or so.  IE nothing special, with the best of that bunch being Bilal Powell.  If anyone was hyping those guys up they were clearly misguided.  

Breece is the first RB this team has drafted since perhaps LaMont Jordan (way back in 2001) that had any RB1 level hype behind him.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Really, I haven't heard any such thing about RBs the Jets have drafted, until Carter last year and Hall this year.  In fact it's usually the other way around because the haven't invested invest at all in the position for decades.  

You added drafted.  The team hype is there with plenty of guys we've signed.   A smattering:  Gore, Bell, Bilal Powell, Forte, Ivory, Shonn Greene, Ladanian, Murrell., Blair Thomas...Only two guys who lived up to the hype were Curtis and I guess Thomas Jones.

12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You added drafted.  The team hype is there with plenty of guys we've signed.   A smattering:  Gore, Bell, Bilal Powell, Forte, Ivory, Shonn Greene, Ladanian, Murrell., Blair Thomas...Only two guys who lived up to the hype were Curtis and I guess Thomas Jones.

Hype?  No sir.  Except for the ridiculously absurd homeristic fans, there was little to no fanfare for Gore, Bell, Forte or any of the Flacco-like fossils those regimes brought in.  I don't remember a single claim from anyone that they were 'the answer' at the position, as you are implying throughout...  except for Ladanian Tomlinson, who indeed generated excitement as he should have.  Shonne Greene after his first season looked good too.  Neither Murell nor Powell were ever hyped up by the fans or the team.  Blair Thomas... well of course, sure,  but he was a top end 1st round draft pick and ranked accordingly by the 'experts' before that draft, so even that one can't be compared to drafting Hall in rd 2.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hype?  No sir.  Except for the ridiculously absurd homeristic fans, there was little to no fanfare for Gore, Bell, Forte or any of the Flacco-like fossils those regimes brought in.  I don't remember a single claim from anyone that they were 'the answer' at the position, as you are implying throughout...  except for Ladanian Tomlinson, who indeed generated excitement as he should have.  Shonne Greene after his first season looked good too.  Neither Murell nor Powell were ever hyped up by the fans or the team.  Blair Thomas... well of course, sure,  but he was a top end 1st round draft pick and ranked accordingly by the 'experts' before that draft, so even that one can't be compared to drafting Hall in rd 2.   

You're dreaming.  Every one of those guys were hyped by the Jets.  Even though most of us hated signing guys like Gore, Bell and a bunch of others.  

19 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I mean WTF is the point of having 2 "above-average" RBs share the load when you run the ball 15 times a game.  We are ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing attempts.

We have averaged 52 pass attempts per game.  Buffalo is #3 with 45 per game and Josh Allen.  Little Flower needs to stop panicking by half time like it's the final 2 minutes.

You’re screwed if you do, screwed if you don’t. They can’t pass protect for Flacco nor can they open any holes for the rb’s. Either way, run more pass less, pass more run less, run/ pass on a balanced scheme- it don’t matter. 

57 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You're dreaming.  Every one of those guys were hyped by the Jets.  Even though most of us hated signing guys like Gore, Bell and a bunch of others.  

Oh we are talking about diff things.  I was referring to Jets fans hyping/not hyping these backs.  You're talking about the organization hyping them.  Therein lies the miscommunication.  My fault.  

But EVERY professional sports team will hype its acquired players to its fan base, without exception.  That's what the PR dep't does and of course the coaches.  Surely helps ticket sales.  Hype from the team about its acquisitions is the norm and to be expected, so I don't get what's bothering you, other than the NY Jets have sucked for 83% of our lifetime. 

In the end, the thread title says it all... This offense would benefit going into Breece Mode.  and I do like Carter, but Breece is the guy, IMO.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Oh we are talking about diff things.  I was referring to Jets fans hyping/not hyping these backs.  You're talking about the organization hyping them.  Therein lies the miscommunication.  My fault.  

But EVERY professional sports team will hype its acquired players to its fan base, without exception.  That's what the PR dep't does and of course the coaches.  Surely helps ticket sales.  Hype from the team about its acquisitions is the norm and to be expected, so I don't get what's bothering you, other than the NY Jets have sucked for 83% of our lifetime. 

In the end, the thread title says it all... This offense would benefit going into Breece Mode.  and I do like Carter, but Breece is the guy, IMO.

No worries at all, my friend.  I probably wrote in a confusing way.   Yeah, I'm talking about the team.   Agree that all franchises do it.

And for the record, I have no problem with Breece.   I want the kid to become a beast.  I hope he's a 1K+ for the next five years.  We'll see.

5 hours ago, Vader said:

Michael carter is better right now

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really, no.  

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Yes

YPC

• Hall:  5.3
  • Carter:  4.4

Yards per Reception

• Hall:  7.8
  • Carter:  5.7