Ok, I believe.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Weird thread.  Zach was decidedly mediocre which is an upgrade from much of last year.

He didn't play poorly but it wasn't that great either.

Its progress but I'm still waiting to see him play a great game ie 300+ yards 4 TDs no ints..

I really think we are trending towards what I thought they'd be: a run first team.

We might see a stat line like that soon, but it will be because they fell behind or the run game just gets completely shut down like in Pittsburgh. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This.

And may I add, most thought Sam was the answer after his 1st season.

too early to proclaim Zach a FQB.

one win at a time 

I don't  really think we have the same definition  for FQB. To me a FQB doesn't  have to be elite. Sure that helps define them but IMO, a FQB is a player that knows how to win. For the last two weeks, Zach has shown he knows how to win. He is picking up where he left off last season. I was all set for this guy to regress but he hasn't.  We can roll with Zach. 

• Sympathy 1

From PFF. They don't like Zach by the way.

"Offensive spotlight: He didn’t light up the stat sheet by any means, but Zach Wilsoncontinued to show year-over-year growth against a difficult defense for young quarterbacks to face. He finished 14-of-21 for 210 yards with two big-time throws and no turnover-worthy plays. It was only his third career start without a turnover-worthy play. "

Key Point. He played well and had no turnover worthy plays against a defense that gives young QBs trouble. Miami has a good defense. Wait until the more detailed stats come about and show how well he played against the blitz.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

All points are valid, but the raw talent in Zach’s arm is head and shoulders above any of those guys you mentioned. He is very enticing from a pure arm talent stand point. Too watch him play 2 good games in a row with his god given talent is very encouraging. 

I will admit the bar has been seriously lowered of acceptable play to cause excitement being a jet fan 

No one is arguing that Wilson doesn’t have a good arm.  Rather, that the problems that limit Zach as a QB are fairly significant and not dispelled by today’s blunder-free but otherwise uninspiring performance.

Do people truly believe that Garrett Wilson went from, “holy sh*t this guy is amazing” to 27 yards, is accidental or because of coaching?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Why are Jets fans mad? We won! Are 3-2, 2nd in the division, playing meaningful games, and we destroyed the Fish!

Who’s mad?  This thread was created to say, “today I saw a FQB” and a handful of people are saying, “ehhhhhhh.”

You can be happy the Jets won, and not extrapolate greatness out of an okay performance against an injury ravaged team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

No one is arguing that Wilson doesn’t have a good arm.  Rather, that the problems that limit Zach as a QB are fairly significant and not dispelled by today’s blunder-free but otherwise uninspiring performance.

Do people truly believe that Garrett Wilson went from, “holy sh*t this guy is amazing” to 27 yards, is accidental or because of coaching?

Or maybe the offense is clearly running more? Wilson isn’t throwing for 60 times or hasn’t had to. And they even stated it on the game, he’s spreading it around more. 

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I think what a lot of people are confused about is that the people who wanted Zach to be able to nail the easy throws are now confused as to why he didn't make a lot of bigger throws. And I see where they're coming from, but I also want to point out that he's still developing and still improving, and if he can focus on those easy throws and let the team around him do the rest of the work for now, that's totally fine. Zach Wilson was not a liability on the field today like he has been in the past. That's a good first step.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

This small cult of Zach super fans is bizarre.  You can't say he played mediocre, which he certainly did, without them taking that as an affront.

He didnt play the traditional fqb role where he made lots of mixed completions but by the same tomen he made no mistakes and in a huge game again he came out on top with a win. 40 friggin points. Good god what will make u happy?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Or maybe the offense is clearly running more? Wilson isn’t throwing for 60 times or hasn’t had to. And they even stated it on the game, he’s spreading it around more. 

So, in other words, your view is, yes, the disappearance of the best looking offense weapon we’ve had in forever is because of coaching.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

I didnt complain about rushing TDs. I didnt even complain about Zach. 

But coming to the conclusion that he is the franchise after today particularly was just silly. 

Analytical thought. 

Try it. 

Two weeks in a row we win, and our QB led the way.  We are 3-2 and in second place in our division.

Happiness!

Try it!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Garrett Wilson had three catches for 27 yards. Elijah Moore had one catch on four target for 11 yards. The Dolphins CB1 didn’t play a snap in this game. Someone should ask those dudes how great it is to play with such a FQB.

I feel you

on the other hand, he had 10 yards per attempt and completed 66.67% of his passes. Seemed like he basically ran the offense. Had a nice TD run. Made no big mistakes. Nothing special. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I feel you

on the other hand, he had 10 yards per attempt and completed 66.67% of his passes. Seemed like he basically ran the offense. Had a nice TD run. Made no big mistakes. Nothing special. 

Yes. The headline is that he ran the plays (mostly) as designed and reaped the benefits. That is progress!

16 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

People have to understand , Jets are going to run heavy this year.  Helps Zach develop and takes pressure off him.  There will be more games like this 

And this scenario will be just fine. I could care less if Zach throws for 150 yards If the Jets can rush for 5 TDS a game we will be just fine. Wins are wins no matter how they get them 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

So, in other words, your view is, yes, the disappearance of the best looking offense weapon we’ve had in forever is because of coaching.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. The headline is that he ran the plays (mostly) as designed and reaped the benefits. That is progress!

Zach didn’t suck. Breece Hall was amazing. Not gonna happen every game. But it did this one. I think LaFleur literally felt like he scratched a winning lottery ticket when he realized he could lean on Breece instead of Zach. This will eventually sort itself out. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Teddy give it a rest.

im tired of this school of thought where wr wilson has a superb day and if he doesnt have the same game every time its all on the qb

wr wilson had one great game. He will have others. One great game doesnt make him elite for christs sake. 

so your logic here is zach is being over praised because wr wilson had an early career day with another qb and wins are not as important and wr wilsons performance? Get the hell outta here dude!

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zach didn’t suck. Breece Hall was amazing. Not gonna happen every game. But it did this one. I think LaFleur literally felt like he scratched a winning lottery ticket when he realized he could lean on Breece instead of Zach. This will eventually sort itself out. 

I think the plan is to turn him into Garoppolo Plus and that may work out eventually.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Garrett Wilson had three catches for 27 yards. Elijah Moore had one catch on four target for 11 yards. The Dolphins CB1 didn’t play a snap in this game. Someone should ask those dudes how great it is to play with such a FQB.

The NY Jets scored 40 pts in a Football game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Teddy give it a rest.

im tired of this school of thought where wr wilson has a superb day and if he doesnt have the same game every time its all on the qb

wr wilson had one great game. He will have others. One great game doesnt make him elite for christs sake. 

so your logic here is zach is being over praised because wr wilson had an early career day with another qb and wins are not as important and wr wilsons performance? Get the hell outta here dude!

That’s just one point.  There are many more.  But, in general, the WRs being largely invisible isn’t irrelevant.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think the plan is to turn him into Garoppolo Plus and that may work out eventually.

Step one is to not be forced  to draft  another QB next year. Step two is to build a team that is a QB away before everyone else  realizes you are a Qb away. Step three is Zach turns into something he certainly isn’t yet. Step 4? Profit!

• Upvote 1