Who are we rooting for on this week?

Mario

Does not matter who wins other than the Jets and that depends on Zach Wilson.

Going back to all my posts from this preseason and this season.... And I do mean all of them,  And most here had the same assessment.  The Jets are a very well appointed team with a questionable QB.

I said, and I quote

"If the Jets get good QB play, they will win 10 games and compete for a playoff spot.

If they get poor QB play, they will win 4 to 6 games."

Well... They got poor QB play in all but one of their games and they still won 6 games half way through the season.  A credit to good defense and a quality running game.  Not just the ball carriers, but the blocking schemes and the coaching of the offensive line.  The job the CS has done with that is really stellar.

If Zach Wilson continues with the improved play we saw in the Bills game, the Jets are one of the better teams in the AFC. 

They don't really need any of the other teams to lose for them.  The Jets can pack their own weigh so long as Wilson does not give it away.

So... I am here now where I was at the start of the season.

wilson, Wilson, WILSON.

The rest is in place for sure. 

Edited by THE BARON
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Always root against the Bills/Dolphins/Pats and always root against the AFC teams that have beaten us already (Ravens, Bengals). 

Done

One of the worst scenarios for us is for both Baltimore and Cincy to have strong finishes. One or the other is fine as one will win the division. We have to finish with a better record than the 2nd place in the North.

Cincy have a pretty tough schedule ahead, including @Tenn, KC, Cleveland, @TB, @NE, Buffalo, Baltimore. Obviously two of those are AFC East rivals of ours, so if we're thinking division we want Cincy to win, if we're thinking WC we want them to lose.

Baltimore have a far easier schedule ... Carolina, @Jax, Denver, @Pitt, @Cleveland, Atlanta, Pitt, @Cincy. I don't see them losing many more, Cleveland and Cincy will be the main challenges they face.

Given that the AFC South will likely not have a WC contender ... if we can finish with a better record than Cincy and one of NE / Buffalo / Miami, we will get a WC spot. There are 7 spots, 9 teams in play.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Here is the actual list of games we should be interested in

Vikings @ Bills    - Obviously a Minnesota win put the Jets in a tie for first with Bills

Jax vs KC  - A Jax upset puts the Chiefs at 6-3 same record as the Jets

Browns vs Dolphins  - Just because we hate Miami

Broncos vs Titans   - A Titans loss keeps them a game behind at 5-4

Chargers vs 49'ers  - See above for the Chargers as well

Excellent points.

The Titans losing and being the 4th division winner is nice because if the Jets end up with wild card spot # 1, they will beat the Titans.

I think the Jets would beat the Ravens at this point too, so it might not matter.

Of course if the Jets win the division that doesn't matter at all.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I have a different perspective than most for this bye weekend.  I have been in Iowa for over two weeks waiting for my daughter in law to give birth to my granddaughter.  Her due date has already come and gone.  Still waiting.  I am rooting for my daughter in law to give birth to a healthy baby girl. 

C'mon, Katie, Get r done.

touch-down-score.gif

Congrats on the upcoming birth and sorry you have to be in Iowa.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Lith said:

I have a different perspective than most for this bye weekend.  I have been in Iowa for over two weeks waiting for my daughter in law to give birth to my granddaughter.  Her due date has already come and gone.  Still waiting.  I am rooting for my daughter in law to give birth to a healthy baby girl. 

C'mon, Katie, Get r done.

touch-down-score.gif

It's like waiting on Zach to throw a TD pass.  Hope all goes well.