Could Aaron Rodgers be available this off-season

Rhg1084

On 12/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Jets didn't bet the farm on Wilson. They drafted him, which is a smaller investment than signing a free agent QB who will demand $30-50 million a year for multiple years.

They used the second pick overall on a glorified Kellen Clemens clone. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 2:53 PM, bla bla bla said:

It's a 3 horse race for me at the moment:

1) Jimmy G

2) Derek Carr (if he'll waive no trade clause)

3) Gardner Minshew

4) Lamar Jackson

5) Tom Brady

6) Jameis Winston

7) Aaron Rodgers

Man you had Winston over Rodgers? I saw your reaction video earlier tho you were all pumped up we got him popping champagne 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 12:31 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

NFW on the NFL version of the Sunshine Boys - Rodgers and Brady.  They are old, fading, and the two biggest assholes in the NFL.  Besides costing a fortune, they are, at best, one year stop gaps that are not fits with a young team on the upswing.  

If the Jets brought either in, I would seriously consider taking a pause from following the team for 2023.  I cannot root for Brady.  I despise him and everything about him.  And he will not win here just like he isn't winning in Tampa this year. He's done.  

Same with Rodgers, who I find just slightly less odious than Brady, and only because he's been in GB and not NE (and doesn't cheat). But the past three season have revealed that he is a complete AH as well.  He is also a shell of his former self and will not win here either, just like he isn't winning in GB.

The solution will become apparent over the next few weeks.  The best option may be White.  If White falters,  Garappolo would be the top free agent option followed by Carr.  

So you’re not following them this year, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I think we got very lucky. Our team was in the right place at the right time.

Let me back up to Aaron 4 days in the dark. He said he spend on whole day....eyes closed....imagining how his return to Green Bay would play out.....the OTA, Mini Camps, Training camp, the sweat, heat, grueling work outs.

Aaron spent a second 24 hours in dark letting his retiring situation play out,,,,warm sunny beaches, pinacoladas, sun kissed ladies.

When he finally came out, his two days of dreaming were leading him to retire...he said 90%

But then his phone was blowing up saying his friends have heard the Pack has been shopping him around while he was underground..

This realization upset him, and he decided his future was to retire......OR....play for a new team. Which brings us back to the Jets being in the right place at the right time. The one team going after him, the Jets, is also the one AFC team he wouldn't have to scout. We already had joint practices in GB the last two training camps so Aaron got to see firsthand how good our young defense really is. He also got to see how our offensive rookies practicing. Aaron also got a close up looked at our coaches, Saleh, etc.. Then in mid season Zack Wilson led his team to a beatdown of the Packers at Lambua. He got to see up close and personal just how good our young defense really is, AAron was batterd around that day, getting sacked twice from the outside and one killer sack from Quinnen up the middle. Aaron has no doubt the Jets Defense is for real, and will have his back the whole year. Winning games17-6 a few times doesn't suck. AAron wont have to carry the offense to 30+ points a game just to have a shot.

Ane when Aaron was on the sidelines watching our Offense take on the Packs Defense, Rogers saw the best WR on the field was Garrett Willson while the best athlete on the field Breece Hall running all over the Pack. All these young, fast, truly talented weapons could be Aarons. The Jets have become the team Aaron has been begging GB for for years. And now it could be all his.

It's no wonder he picked the Jets, and I think all the youth will put a spring in his step too.

Not to mention his relationship with Hackett, which I think he credited as a big reason

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I figured this might happen after the Hackett hire. It’s not so much the Jets hiring him as OC was surprising. Moreso that he took the job. 

He’s getting paid in Denver and didn’t think he’d want to rebuild his reputation here at a place with no QB and a lame duck head coach. Got to think he talked to Aaron after the season. 

34 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

what a ridiculous waste of time to go back to last year to do a Nyah Nyah Nyah I told you so post. Congratulations son, you have won the internet!

Didn’t really waste too much time, but thanks. And you were wrong 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Man you had Winston over Rodgers? I saw your reaction video earlier tho you were all pumped up we got him popping champagne 

Lol was under the assumption it was $50m per year, learned more about the contract and surrounding situation since then. Had Rodgers as #2 when I did my QB wish list this offseason. (January)

Last month, when the Carr drama was at its height (before combine) I hosted a Bleacher Report podcast and wanted Rodgers as my #1

Coincidentally, after Hackett was hired, I changed my signature from "I reserve all rights to change my opinion, based on new information" - to what it currently is lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Lol was under the assumption it was $50m per year, learned more about the contract and surrounding situation since then. Had Rodgers as #2 when I did my QB wish list this offseason. (January)

Last month, when the Carr drama was at its height (before combine) I hosted a Bleacher Report podcast and wanted Rodgers as my #1

Coincidentally, after Hackett was hired, I changed my signature from "I reserve all rights to change my opinion, based on new information" - to what it currently is lol

Respect my man… we all make bad takes good on you to own it. I enjoy your content 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 2:53 PM, bla bla bla said:

It's a 3 horse race for me at the moment:

1) Jimmy G

2) Derek Carr (if he'll waive no trade clause)

3) Gardner Minshew

4) Lamar Jackson

5) Tom Brady

6) Jameis Winston

7) Aaron Rodgers

Unfortunately for you, you got your 7th choice.  :)

• Upvote 1