Post Game Interviews and Tweets

Vader

1 minute ago, Vader said:

yeah and some of it mask sense. not mutually exclusive actually and maybe just maybe while the most glaring zit on this big ugly is ZW, the underlying disease is Saleh. Hard to imagine given broadcast drumming up Saleh's defense as historic in turnaround from last to top 10. We came in a top 3 defense. 

With both JD and Saleh it is such a mix of widely variable results at different ends of the spectrum. So much really good but so much really terrible 

Not ready to give up on Douglas and Saleh yet …clearly the worst night of Salehs career though, concerning for sure , definitely red flag hearing ex players go in on him like that . 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Meanwhile it took like 3 games for him to actually compliment Mike White.  I do not understand the infatuation.  I think Saleh and JD were so sure of Zach leading them into a dynasty that they simply cannot cope with the fact that he is horrible and unsalvageable.

..or they know that, historically, missing on a QB drafted that high.. you don't generally get a 2nd crack at it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

the Zach Wilson interview 

I may just be nitpicking at this point but Zach never seems bothered by losing or playing horribly.  Has he ever actually blasted his own performance postgame?  It all just seems to be excuses with no self-criticism other than "gotta look at the tape".  Any thought about how his performance effects their playoff chances?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The team has a decimated offensive line, lost the one playmaker it had at running back, and the only quarterback on the roster capable of playing at an NFL level wasn’t cleared by any of ten or however many doctors to play with broken ribs.

It’s brutal to watch, but at this point in terms of the product we watch on the field players mean more than plays right now. This just isn’t NFL caliber talent on offense.

Some of it is reasonable, don’t expect multiple elite RB‘s, but the QB situation falls on the GM and frankly the OL shouldn’t be this bad effectively just minus AVT (and Becton if you want to go there but I’m not really sure he’d be moving the needle on anything more than a scale).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

The team has a decimated offensive line, lost the one playmaker it had at running back, and the only quarterback on the roster capable of playing at an NFL level wasn’t cleared by any of ten or however many doctors to play with broken ribs.

It’s brutal to watch, but at this point in terms of the product we watch on the field players mean more than plays right now. This just isn’t NFL caliber talent on offense.

Some of it is reasonable, don’t expect multiple elite RB‘s, but the QB situation falls on the GM and frankly the OL shouldn’t be this bad effectively just minus AVT (and Becton if you want to go there).

maybe they should give up on zone blocking...Becton was not the type you want to be doing that with anyway

Zone blocking takes the longest to get 5 guys in sync and if you keep losing your guys

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I may just be nitpicking at this point but Zach never seems bothered by losing or playing horribly.  Has he ever actually blasted his own performance postgame?  It all just seems to be excuses with no self-criticism other than "gotta look at the tape".  Any thought about how his performance effects their playoff chances?

"Trying to find confidence"  hmmm wonder if someone coached him on that

his only hope is to say I can be a QB the Jets messed me up, pulled me from games when I was 5-2 and messed with my confidence - they are train wreck coaches

basically try change narrative from his fault to theirs

7 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

honestly I think Zach Wilson largely irrelevant at this point. He's totally shattered psychologically. mentally does not have the make up to play QB. Never actually learned how to play the position. same as Darnold. Exact same problem.

Playoffs is a dream. 2022 Jets are a below average team.   

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, A Jet from Oz said:

This is why I hate twitter reporting. This wasn't the full answer. His answer included (paraphrased) "we lost against four teams that are all in position for a playoff run, and we didn't get it done. It's not about playoffs right now. Its about getting off this mat and trying to frickin win a football game"

Thanks, I figured as much.  Although one would think continuing with something that has shown to fail time and time again wouldn't be the best way to "frickin win a football game."

Somewhere I'm getting a vibe that the there is some sort of unstated acknowledgment by all the players of both teams that the Jets offensive line and OL scheme just didn't have it tonite and that gave us no chance. Makes sense why after the Strev package went in the trench dynamics shifted