Adam Peters, Assistant GM San Francisco 49ers

Matt39

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The 98 team was a well built team and the team was actually successful with Herm Edwards who many Jets fans feel was a complete buffoon.  Not to mention the team under Tanny and Rex that had the top D in the league and a wall on the OL.  

Q is probably the best player on this team.  Not picked by Douglas.  

If AVT and Hall come back and continue to trend upwards there's a lot to build on.  

So… 24 years ago there was once a semi-successful football team? 

Parcells deserves some credit for restoring credibility to the franchise after the first time black entered the team’s color scheme, but neither he nor his protégée, Tanny, built anything with depth. Nothing sustainable. Both had teams who collapsed when the QB did, this team is winning despite the QB. 

And while I’m thrilled with QW’s development, AVT, Sauce, and Breece could already lay a claim to best player on the team - in a much shorter period of time. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

No I’m asking because he’s not going to a sh!tastic QB situation like the Jets at this point in his career 

Ill wait to see what really good QB situations are out there for him. If he is looking for a 2-3 year window to win a SB and thinks a vet gets him that, like Parcells used to do, we are not going to likely be high on his list. But if he thinks he can pick a QB that we can sign, and draft one, and he had full control, he might come here. Or maybe he comes and gets a Rodgers for 2 years. Its highly unlikely becuase Woody only brings in coaches who he can order around anyway, and anyone with options would not want to be ordered around by a know nothing owner. Its why we get sh*t coach after sh*t coach

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

So… 24 years ago there was once a semi-successful football team? 

Parcells deserves some credit for restoring credibility to the franchise after the first time black entered the team’s color scheme, but neither he nor his protégée, Tanny, built anything with depth. Nothing sustainable. Both had teams who collapsed when the QB did, this team is winning despite the QB. 

And while I’m thrilled with QW’s development, AVT, Sauce, and Breece could already lay a claim to best player on the team - in a much shorter period of time. 

This team has won the division twice in it's history.  Once in 1998 (with BP as HC of the NYJ) and the other time in 2002 (with BP's players).

You know what "sustainable success" generally is?  A great QB.  We've had exactly 1 great one in franchise history.  We had a chance at another 2 years ago but we won 2 of 3 at the worst possible time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, Warfish said:

Saleh is gone before JD would be. JD has done the better job to-date.

Nothing Saleh has done, good or bad, has negatively affected this franchise as much as the pick of Zach wilson at 2 

And furthermore jd can draft a sauce every year from now until doomsday it does not matter without a qb

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, slats said:

Perfection is the enemy of good. Perfection is the enemy of progress. Joe Douglas is the best GM this team has had in all of my wasted years following this sad franchise. It’s not even close. Tossing JD for some new, untested GM candidate behind door #1 would be dumb. Like, epically dumb. This guy has a franchise that was commandeered by John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan for way too long playing a meaningful game in January this year, despite Zach. This is a course you stay. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ms7gfjb66l51of0ku6

On 12/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

JD is the highest-caliber GM you’re ever going to see under the Johnson’s.

Come to terms with it and move on.  

I don't think jd is all that great at GM. He tore down the house to the studs then boned the highest draft pick since Keyshawn. 

JD is overrated. There are middle school students playing madden who could build a better roster 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't think jd is all that great at GM. He tore down the house to the studs then boned the highest draft pick since Keyshawn. 

JD is overrated. There are middle school students playing madden who could build a better roster 

And yet…Woody will never hire a better one.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, carlito1171 said:

No I’m asking because he’s not going to a sh!tastic QB situation like the Jets at this point in his career 

Can you think of someone better to work with a young QB?  I mean, maybe Andy Reid, but he's not available right now.

And if Payton says Zach sucks, and can't be fixed, then let him pick the next one.

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

While I disagree with your final comment(the middle school bit, not the overrated bit) I agree that the determination to anoint Douglas here by many posters is almost comical, it’s like absolutely everything sucks but the one guy who was put in total charge 4 years ago is beyond criticism. There’s an invisible force-field around him it appears!
I personally think we need to stay the course with him but only on the proviso we stay the course with Saleh and his CS. The news today about MLF feels a bit like the beginning of the end but at the same time, I agree with those posters who’ve argued that this CS was too rookie to begin with. And the offensive production the last few weeks was indeed, offensive!! …something had to change 
I can understand this move but we are long past the honeymoon stage now. It’s sh!t or bust for both Saleh AND Douglas….anything less than 10 wins and playoffs and we are back on the merry go round 

i'm not quite sure why douglas is being pulled into this so much.  sure he's the gm and hired saleh.  and he brought in the players.  and he drafted zwilson.  but overall the team has way more talent than when he started and the contract situation is very manageable.  i don't know how much more he has to do.

• 11 months later...
1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

"They shouldn't bother with this silly fantasy. Peters doesn't like money. Why would he come here?" - some grumpy, old Commanders fan, presumably.

Well Joe Douglas looked like he needed a ventilator to complete a sentence yesterday, but if you go through this thread, the real* Jets fans laughed at the proposal just a mere 12 months ago. If you wonder why we suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Well Joe Douglas looked like he needed a ventilator to complete a sentence yesterday, but if you go through this thread, the real* Jets fans laughed at the proposal just a mere 12 months ago. If you wonder why we suck.

I don't wonder.

• Haha 1

Bunch of bs about the 4th or 5th person in the room

Is John lynch coming with him?

Is Kyle Shanahan coming with him?

I would never sign this guy , he has no responsibility,  no decision making .

How about for once the jets to go with the guy in charge like a Jim Harbaugh and not the guy who make coffee for John lynch. 

If he is going to sign with the commanders that's a death wish for them.

People  need to go look and the front office and coaching hires Josh Harris made with the sixers. 

The worst of the worst , the guy is an idiot