Fields vs wilson

kmnj

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

No

Because MLF never would have adjusted to allow him more runs. He would have continued to try to make him a pocket passer, and Fields does not go through progressions well at this point.

Exactly. It's monotonous hearing stuff like Fields would have been way better. It just shows many people still can't comprehend the fact that our OC is a system OC and cannot adjust to his talent. Fields is a much worse fit than Zach in the only system he knows how to run - that would have made the offense a complete mess. What the heck would he do with running back A (Breece) and running back B (Fields - because that's what he is 100% right now in the NFL)? He would have tried to make Fields into a pocket passer and take away his explosive plays and make the offense counter intuitive to the player.

• Upvote 1

People are actually honestly trying to argue that justin fields is good?

I love the first metric to throw out the window, wins and loses.

16 freaking fumbles

2 games out of 15 over 200 yards passing.  (Has neer throw for more than 285 yards in a game)

His interceptions per passing attempt was worse than zac wilsons.

He has thrown for 100 more yards in his career than zac wilson....in 5 game more played

Fields stinks, he has one good metric, one, rushing yards.

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Still confused by this strawman,  Andrew Luck being great at Football has nothing to do w/ Justin Fields being great at Football.  And I'm sorry but to act like their situations were even remotely the same is bonkers dude but I digress.  Still a meaningless comparison that has nothing to do w/ Justin Fields having a historic season.  And to look at W's and L's in this scenario is just a silly exercise of futility. 

Nothing Fields was doing was garbage time.  Go look at his splits, he was best in the 1st and 3rd quarter.  In fact, a lot of his picks game in the 4th quarter on meaningless drives trying to force the issue because his team sucked so bad they couldnt even get open when D's were playing soft and his OL was losing to 3 man rushes. 

Fields is trash. Claypool, Mooney, Montgomery, and a better young TE than we could dream of having (Cole Kmet) Fields is a glorified running back and a good one. Not a QB. Bears will likely draft a QB. 

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

16 freaking fumbles

2 games out of 15 over 200 yards passing.  (Has neer throw for more than 285 yards in a game)

He has thrown for 100 more yards in his career than zac wilson....in 5 game more played

I see a qb that has 0 talent around him that has improved from year 1 to year 2. I expect the same to happen in year 3. Give the kid some weapons and I expect a major jump. Kid throws a beautiful ball and is on the rise. Just my opinion.  

51CD9E05-9E19-43C5-BE0D-8A8D386BD03B.thumb.jpeg.a25e3e72fb144087905881ba3806111d.jpeg
above is jalen hurts stats. Below is fields. Both have shown improvement. Major difference is that 1 has aj brown, devonta smith, and Dallas goedert. The other has Darnell Mooney 
3AAB6BF3-31B4-40C1-95A7-97F08E603A0E.thumb.jpeg.159dcf837383dcfbf343b6fc001a0bb5.jpeg
I’m not saying fields is as good as hurts is rn. But I see no reason why he can’t keep improving and get better as a player

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Fields was 10th-worst in passer rating (85.2), but his DVOA of -34.5% was worst by a lot—Matt Ryan was next-worst at -22.5%. This one's easy to explain: passer rating does not include sacks, and Fields took a league-high 55 of them (tied with Russell Wilson) despite ranking 27th in pass attempts. Fields' sack rate of 14.7% was worst for any qualifying quarterback in a quarter-century, since Jake Plummer in 1997.Fields averaged 7.1 yards per throw, which was actually better than average, but only 5.2 yards per dropback; only Joe Flacco was worse.

Jake Plummer would have had us in the playoffs!

6 hours ago, derp said:

Fields would’ve been great for this year and given us some hope for the future.

I think the whole premise of a mobile QB is he  raises the team’s floor and the ceiling depends on how well he develops as a passer.

We’ve seen Fields’ mobility is good enough the Jets’ offense would’ve been more productive with him than Wilson. It’s also clear he’s not developed yet as a passer.

I think Fields would’ve meant playoffs this year and likely something no team really wanted to play but a good defense would’ve handled fine - QB’s who aren’t winning from the pocket don’t kill it in the playoffs.

But would’ve meant for a fun year and, especially seeing how Hurts progressed for Philly last year to this year, we could’ve dreamt on the development as a passer a little.

Douglas ultimately swung out of his shoes with Wilson and was dead wrong. He talked last offseason about learning from other teams and how they built offenses with playmakers instead of just linemen.

Both quarterbacks he’s taken have been guys with arm talent and competitiveness. That’s not enough. Dudes need to be able to manage the pocket and deal with pressure. Full stop. That’s at least as difficult to improve as arm strength and accuracy and at least as important as either individually. I hope he takes a serious look at his process and comes to that conclusion, or if not that he doesn’t get another opportunity to invest significantly in a prospect.

I think they want a pocket passer, but then they are supposed to be all in on Lamar Jackson?  None of it makes sense. 

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jake Plummer would have had us in the playoffs!

I think they want a pocket passer, but then they are supposed to be all in on Lamar Jackson?  None of it makes sense. 

Wilson's not exactly comfortable working and navigating in the pocket either.

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

If the jets picked fields like many suggested the jets would have been in the playoffs and a fairly dangerous team once there . Do you have faith in Joe to get us the qb we need to compete? During his tenure picked Morgan Wilson White Joe F and Strev . I don’t have any confidence at all in Joe finding us a QB. I give Joe tons of credit for some guys he got last draft but his Wilson pick cost 3-5 years 

Justin Fields is not good.  Is he as bad as Zach.  No but he’s not a good nfl qb either and the bears are making a mistake sticking with him over drafting another qb

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I see a qb that has 0 talent around him that has improved from year 1 to year 2. I expect the same to happen in year 3. Give the kid some weapons and I expect a major jump. Kid throws a beautiful ball and is on the rise. Just my opinion.  

51CD9E05-9E19-43C5-BE0D-8A8D386BD03B.thumb.jpeg.a25e3e72fb144087905881ba3806111d.jpeg
above is jalen hurts stats. Below is fields. Both have shown improvement. Major difference is that 1 has aj brown, devonta smith, and Dallas goedert. The other has Darnell Mooney 
3AAB6BF3-31B4-40C1-95A7-97F08E603A0E.thumb.jpeg.159dcf837383dcfbf343b6fc001a0bb5.jpeg
I’m not saying fields is as good as hurts is rn. But I see no reason why he can’t keep improving and get better as a player

Mooney and Claypool are good WRs.  Montgomery is a good back so is Herbert. This idea that Justin Fields has no weapons is ignorant 

Fields is not that good either.  

Sure, he would have been better than Zach in hindsight. Especially, for this season. However, JD decided to draft a mobile passer with a quicker release.  

The running QB thing cannot last.  Lamar is missing games.   Fields is missing games.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, RoadFan said:

Fields is not that good either.  

Sure, he would have been better than Zach in hindsight. Especially, for this season. However, JD decided to draft a mobile passer with a quicker release.  

The running QB thing cannot last.  Lamar is missing games.   Fields is missing games.  

And fields is nowhere near the passer Lamar is.   Not even close

24 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Mooney and Claypool are good WRs.  Montgomery is a good back so is Herbert. This idea that Justin Fields has no weapons is ignorant 

Mooney is at best a #3 or 4. A reliable receiver. But let’s not pretend he’s a Justin Jefferson or aj brown. Not even close.

The Steelers gave up on claypool. he was a distraction and He’s not that good. He has 3 tds the last 2 years. 

23 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

And fields is nowhere near the passer Lamar is.   Not even close

Lamar has thrown for 3000 yards once I his career. Fields hasn’t done that yet but I’m guessing he will next season

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Mooney is at best a #3 or 4. A reliable receiver. But let’s not pretend he’s a Justin Jefferson or aj brown. Not even close.

The Steelers gave up on claypool. he was a distraction and He’s not that good. He has 3 tds the last 2 years. 

Lamar has thrown for 3000 yards once I his career. Fields hasn’t done that yet but I’m guessing he will next season

Fields is trash.  Last 3 games of the year he threw for 75, 119 and 152 yards respectively.  His highest passing total the entire season is 254 yards in a game he also threw 2 picks in

He cannot read defenses, go through progressions and is not overly accurate.  He’s also going to shorten his crappy career by trying to become a running qb

The bears are making a serious mistake not drafting a qb this year

Edited by Rich Thornburgh

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Fields is trash.  Last 3 games of the year he threw for 75, 119 and 152 yards respectively.  His highest passing total the entire season is 254 yards in a game he also threw 2 picks in

He cannot read defenses, go through progressions and is not overly accurate.  He’s also going to shorten his crappy career by trying to become a running qb

And do you no how many times Lamar Jackson threw for over 254 yards this season? The answer is once

Lamar Jackson also had games where he only threw for 120 yards against Cleveland, 133 yards vs the saints, 144 cs buffalo. Is Lamar Jackson trash?

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Fields is trash. Claypool, Mooney, Montgomery, and a better young TE than we could dream of having (Cole Kmet) Fields is a glorified running back and a good one. Not a QB. Bears will likely draft a QB. 

Fields is awesome.  You dont break record when you're trash.

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Do some of you really want to die on the Fields hill?  He has not shown that he is an NFL caliber passer.  

Really pointless stats that are void of context, make silly strawman arguments and more of an indictment to the team than Fields.  He's #6 in TD% in the entire NFL.  He has as many TD's as the entire NY Jets Football team.

It’s all pretty confusing. I watched quite a bit qb school and Kurt Warner on zwilson and it sure looked like lafleur offense wasn’t making it easy.  Zwilson deserves criticism for his role but so does lafleur. The difference is that zwilson can only control what he does. Lafleur has to control what the other players do. And while it looks like guys are getting open at times the receivers are running into each other or run routes that are too close. As for why mfw seemed better running things than zwilson it can all come down to mfw taking the shorter check down routes.  I know a lot has been said about zwilsons mechanics but take a look at josh Allen or Aaron Rodgers.  Their feet aren’t always in the direction of the throw. They use a lot of arm throwing as opposed to leg drive.

as for lafleur, no matter what happens I hope they get this straightened out soon so zwilson can be evaluated before free agency and the draft.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

16 freaking fumbles

Yet, Tyler Huntley is good.  lmfao

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And do you no how many times Lamar Jackson threw for over 254 yards this season? The answer is once

Lamar Jackson also had games where he only threw for 120 yards against Cleveland, 133 yards vs the saints, 144 cs buffalo. Is Lamar Jackson trash?

Lamar Jackson is so much better than Justin fields just having this conversation is idiotic

They aren’t even on the same planet as quarterbacks.  I don’t think fields is better than Sam Darnold 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

Fields is awesome.  You dont break record when you're trash.

At throwing 149 yards a game and making you tell us he’s ahead of Josh Allen’s year two.

Its like a month ago when you argued he’s better than Lawrence 

I mean. Lol

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

At throwing 149 yards a game and making you tell us he’s ahead of Josh Allen’s year two.

Its like a month ago when you argued he’s better than Lawrence 

I mean. Lol

He was at that point, that how good he was playing.  T.Law took to the next level but he didn’t have a record breaking season surrounded by doodoo.

54 minutes ago, JiFields said:

He was at that point, that how good he was playing.  T.Law took to the next level but he didn’t have a record breaking season surrounded by doodoo.

No he wasn’t.  Not ever.  If Fields was here he’d get the Sam grief Zach gets.  Hell he throws for 50 yards less than Zach.  Can he run yes.  And he gets injured for bonus points.  

15 hours ago, JiFields said:

Really pointless stats that are void of context, make silly strawman arguments and more of an indictment to the team than Fields.  He's #6 in TD% in the entire NFL.  He has as many TD's as the entire NY Jets Football team.

Mark Sanchez scored something like 32 TDs once. What did that mean?

17 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

mooney sucks as does claypool which is why pitt got rid of him-come on you cant be serious thinking fields has weapons  lol