Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You guys telling me that with a sick running game, Rodgers can’t play the Elway/Manning role and win here?

He's better than those two guys were - at this point in his career.  But yes, the running game will be key

Lazard and Mercedes Lewis (even at his age) are VERY good blockers in this scheme. 

We happen to have a reactionary toxic fan base - that can't ever find any good.

• Upvote 3

A total a-hole of a QB, I mean a real, egomaniacal, anti-vax moron, Pat McAfee sycophant of a prick, has for now, spurned the Jets.
That's all we know. He hasn't said yes, during the time that he totally could have/should have. As a result, totally possible he's already burned or charred bridges in the locker room. Just all so friggin' sad. All for a washed up 40 year old a-hole.  We would have been in a nice place with Carr. I have no criticisms of Joe D and team because I don't know what's being said or offered, but right now, this sucks terribly and there's damage already. F you Woody if you passed on Carr.

You lost me at anti-vax moron. From there on I knew you weren’t to be listened to.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, islesmb said:

Just now, Stark said:

yeah... still keeping the young guys here. lol 

Wilson

Moore

Mims

Lazard - replaces Davis (all 32 catches)

Cobb - replaces Berrios

with this Tweet above and speculation of Cleveland interested in Elijah... 

I suppose

OBJ - replaces Moore ? 

SB run engaged

51 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Bold plan, start a converted rookie tackle at center with Rodgers playing QB...

Doesn't feel like the Jets have to make another splash? Rodgers can't be the only one and Lazard is not a splash.

Rodgers has done it before with other rookie T to C converts, and Skoronski actually played C all 4 years of high school

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why?

Because the Jets currently look like a rudderless ship that’s pissing in the wind. Where is Douglas? Or is Rodgers just controlling everything from Cali without making a commitment? Whole thing makes the Jets look incredibly weak. Deal has been “done” for weeks now and he’s passing unverified info to Russinni for sh*ts and giggles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Because the Jets currently look like a rudderless ship that’s pissing in the wind. Where is Douglas? Or is Rodgers just controlling everything from Cali without making a commitment? Whole thing makes the Jets look incredibly weak. 

Or... and hear me out.... this is just yet another unsubstantiated / uncorroborated take about how things are unfolding behind the scenes right now.  I think we're up to about a thousand of them.

• Upvote 3