Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

There's zero chance that putting the franchise in the hands of a narcissist who hasn't even joined the team yet and will be retired in 10 months will backfire in humiliating fashion

So like me, you're all in?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Yes.  I’d rather save the money on our draft pick that everyone loved, then to bring in an old guy that’s going to cost more money, just to please this douche qb that will probably leave after the season, and the jets are stuck with the contracts of his cronies

Meh, Cobb isn't going to cost a bunch of money. He's turning 33 in August, misses 5 games per season now, and hasn't finished with a 500+ yard season since he was 29. 

To the degree his contract will be any more, it'll be nominal. Never mind the extra $1MM (if even that) should be offset by the draft pick taking the place of an otherwise-different FA signing.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

All I'll say is this: the Jets will richly deserve whatever happens to them this season.

Bringing in Rodgers would be fun.  Surounding him with his old JAG friends to make it happen is so Jetsy.   I kind of like Douglas but if he does that he will come off as a tool.   

Just now, Biggs said:

Bringing in Rodgers would be fun.  Surounding him with his old JAG friends to make it happen is so Jetsy.   I kind of like Douglas but if he does that he will come off as a tool.  

It MAY have been a part of Rodgers signing off to this. It is up to interpretation THAT is a great idea.  This feels very much like a package deal.

Regardless, the package deal is part and parcel to what will either sink or sail this ship.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm not at all convinced it will be as fun people think. Definitely agree on the second part. The whole thing feels kind of pathetic.

• Upvote 1

What an epic disaster this team has turned into.

This is what happens when your #2 pick QB--your savior--turns out to be a bust and you have an aging owner who wants the Super Bowl right now. The organization transitions from a plan to develop the team the right way, through the draft and player development, to a shake-and-bake strategy of bringing in the big-name, 40-year-old future Hall of Fame QB, as well as his buddies. It worked for Tampa Bay a few years ago, but then again, they had Bruce Arians running the ship and a "nutritionally"-enhanced freak of nature as QB, and we have a defensive-minded HC who has a two-year track record of overall failure, a famous QB who will be a shadow of his former self and an OC who I'm not going to even talk about. 

So there you go. Welcome to a 2023-24 season where the Jets have placed all their chips on a bet to win the Super Bowl with a washed-up "legend" in this one single year. It's Super Bowl or bust, and I'm certain it will be the latter. But it certainly will be entertaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

I'm not at all convinced it will be as fun people think. Definitely agree on the second part. The whole thing feels kind of pathetic.

But if the jets and rodgers have a deal, then it’s all good.  We the fans are out in the cold.  We just don’t know if the jets are being played or not.  They’re acting way too smug and quiet to believe they don’t know what they’re doing, but for the fact they’re the jets.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers has Douglas by the balls. 

Bending over backwards for Rodgers is one thing...but these better be favorable deals cause if this is all about Rodgers getting his buddies paid better then they normally would be, it's embarrassing and ridiculous mismanagement.

Rodgers also better play for at least 2 years with all this ball licking.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah but it's frustrating when you win a competitive game and some bozo on the forum says "well you didn't win by enough" or "well if it weren't for this one play....".    Those are pathetic and 100% deserve public ridicule @bitonti

I never said any of those things 

What is said was it's not a repeatable strategy 

The bills were 10.5 pt favorites that day by the way 

The Jets had alot of games breaking just right for them at the first half of the season 

Facing third string qbs, injuring Josh Allen, punt block tds all sorts of yes, competitive, but relatively rare plays 

I'm happy it happened, don't get me wrong 

But the original point here is that the Jets are somehow loaded for a super bowl. I just don't see that 

They make the playoffs with Rodgers playing decent ball. That should be the next milestone. Fans (and JD) looking at the super bowl or bust because of an 7-10 year are being overly optimistic 

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There's zero chance that putting the franchise in the hands of a narcissist who hasn't even joined the team yet and will be retired in 10 months will backfire in humiliating fashion

The alternative is scratching at .500 with Brissett and Zach Wilson

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I've said from the beginning that this is fine by me

It's fine if you strive for mediocrity but most of us are hoping for a bit more. 

Keep doubting..  Aaron will be taking reciepts from you and your ilk. 

• Haha 2