Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

12 hours ago, Pac said:

This monstrosity has become the worst thread of all time.  Which to some makes it one of the best. 

My vote is to lock it, pour copious amount of gasoline on it, and throw it in the nearest bonfire. 

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pac said:

This monstrosity has become the worst thread of all time.  Which to some makes it one of the best. 

My vote is to lock it, pour copious amount of gasoline on it, and throw it in the nearest bonfire. 

easy for you to say.

some of us so our kids grow up, get jobs, fall in love and give us grandkids.

All of that in the last 150 pages.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ptisme said:

The theory that they are waiting to see how the first 12 picks goes makes the most sense at this point or the trade should have been done by now....  If the trade doesn't happen by day 2 we know the issue is the "stare down see who blinks scenario IMO".

You are not getting 13 or a first next year. I believe the Jets will walk way before giving you a first. I actually think it is slightly more likely the trade does not happen at all now, and I really doubt it happens until June at the earliest.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You are not getting 13 or a first next year. I believe the Jets will walk way before giving you a first. I actually think it is slightly more likely the trade does not happen at all now, and I really doubt it happens until June at the earliest.

It's not about giving them 13 outright. It could be a simple 13/15 puck swap. This can happen if we get to 13 and there is someone GB absolutely loves while the jets feel confident there will be someone they still like at 15. 

Or we get to 13 and the jets say "we love this prospect, don't think he's there at 15, and we will take him and give GB additional comp later on/next year"

Or we get to 13, someone offers a bounty to trade up with us and we flip some of those picks to GB.

What @ptisme is saying is the situation will be superfluid and a LOT can happen during the 10 minutes the jets are on the clock.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

The trade that makes the most sense is after the draft anyway.

Conditional pick in 2024 that can be as high as 1 with Super Bowl appearance.

Conditional pick in 2025 (same conditions as 24) that is contingent on Rodgers playing a second year in 24.

687474703a2f2f36382e6d656469612e74756d62

We should be talking in here about the trade options likely on draft night. Because it seems pretty clear that that’s why it isn’t done.

I think 1st time for the trade is when we’re on the clock at 13. I think GB wants JSN. If we like 2 players still… we likely have a trade in place around a pick swap of 13 and 15. JSN and/or we have 1 guy we really like there. That trade doesn’t go through. Day 1 finishes and no trade.

Day 2 comes and everyone expects a trade during the day. Yet once again why would we trade 42 without seeing who’s there 1st. We’ve waited this long. What’s a tad longer. We come up at 42 and GB really likes a guy and it’s not a guy we want. We can trade them 42 or 43. Doesn’t matter. But it does cover us by waiting in case we like the same player. Where we still hold that card and can send them 43 and use 42 on the guy.

Otter option is we don’t do any trade Day 1 or 2. This is the bad scenario. Bc that means we likely are still waiting another month until they’re another deadline which is TC. But we likely also have a trade loss only negotiated with no 2023 picks as well. So a trade could go through rather quickly post draft.

What I think happens is JDN goes before 13 so no trade Day 1. And trade goes through when we’re on the clock at 42 or 43 on Day 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We should be talking in here about the trade options likely on draft night. Because it seems pretty clear that that’s why it isn’t done.

I think 1st time for the trade is when we’re on the clock at 13. I think GB wants JSN. If we like 2 players still… we likely have a trade in place around a pick swap of 13 and 15. JSN and/or we have 1 guy we really like there. That trade doesn’t go through. Day 1 finishes and no trade.

Day 2 comes and everyone expects a trade during the day. Yet once again why would we trade 42 without seeing who’s there 1st. We’ve waited this long. What’s a tad longer. We come up at 42 and GB really likes a guy and it’s not a guy we want. We can trade them 42 or 43. Doesn’t matter. But it does cover us by waiting in case we like the same player. Where we still hold that card and can send them 43 and use 42 on the guy.

Otter option is we don’t do any trade Day 1 or 2. This is the bad scenario. Bc that means we likely are still waiting another month until they’re another deadline which is TC. But we likely also have a trade loss only negotiated with no 2023 picks as well. So a trade could go through rather quickly post draft.

What I think happens is JDN goes before 13 so no trade Day 1. And trade goes through when we’re on the clock at 42 or 43 on Day 2.

Been saying it for over a month and I agree 

• Upvote 2

We are now in day 34 since Rodgers declared his intentions to play for the NY Jets....

No further development has been made in this negotiation with green bay...
We all know that deep down you don't want to the trade to happen. I mean why would you? The Jills cant make it past Cincy or KC, why would you want to add another team you will have a hard time beating?
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
6 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:
We are now in day 34 since Rodgers declared his intentions to play for the NY Jets....

No further development has been made in this negotiation with green bay...

We all know that deep down you don't want to the trade to happen. I mean why would you? The Jills cant make it past Cincy or KC, why would you want to add another team you will have a hard time beating?

I've been on record that i suspect a Russell Wilson situation although that's probably not likely for the Jets. Assuming Rodgers is Rodgers it's going to be the toughest challenge buffalo has had in the McDermott era... Buffalo is in a weird spot similar to the late 80s, early 90s oilers with the great warren moon but constantly choking in the playoffs.

I still believe that taking Levis and letting Bridgewater start for a year would be the best/ most healthy long term plan for the Jets. And I believe in 2024 the jets would be in a great great position. 

Even if everything goes great with Rodgers, it's back to square one at qb and that doesn't sit well with me. There is no guarantee, it's not even likely the jets will have this opportunity again during the next few years.... It feels like a dangerous short cut/ desperate move.

If Rodgers was younger I'd get it

• Upvote 1

I've been on record that i suspect a Russell Wilson situation although that's probably not likely for the Jets. Assuming Rodgers is Rodgers it's going to be the toughest challenge buffalo has had in the McDermott era... Buffalo is in a weird spot similar to the late 80s, early 90s oilers with the great warren moon but constantly choking in the playoffs.
I still believe that taking Levis and letting Bridgewater start for a year would be the best/ most healthy long term plan for the Jets. And I believe in 2024 the jets would be in a great great position. 
Even if everything goes great with Rodgers, it's back to square one at qb and that doesn't sit well with me. There is no guarantee, it's not even likely the jets will have this opportunity again during the next few years.... It feels like a dangerous short cut/ desperate move.

Well we can all rest easy now.
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
20 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Well we can all rest easy now.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rozelle was the king of trolling pauses when announcing selections 

He knew the reaction he was going to get and played it well. Jets fans were becoming more famous for their reactions to the draft and what was really interesting was outside of lam jones, their prior drafts thru the 70's and 2 years prior to 83 were very good.

The 83 selection really set into motion the popularity of let's see the Jets F it up and they certainly did not dissapoint thru the 80's and early 90's.