Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Had a thought on the trade. Basically Rodgers is a one year rental (I hate the entire thing) but maybe there is a win win here.

What if we did this:

1. We trade #13 and a conditional 5th (that can go as high as a 3)

2. We get Rodgers, GBs first in 2024, and a 2025 conditional that is the same round as the 2024 conditional if Rodgers does not play in 2024

GB wins because they get the #13 they covet, but we keep our 2 2nd rounders. We win because we now have two #1s next year which gives us more options and ammunition to draft a QB next year if needed. So we have the potential of Zach improving and if not we can get a QB in the draft or get one regardless.

I also like this because let's face it: they were not awesome WITH Rodgers last year and if Love is a dud they could be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season

GB is giving us an asset in Rodgers. Why would they be including a first round pick lol. Makes zero sense. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

GB is giving us an asset in Rodgers. Why would they be including a first round pick lol. Makes zero sense. 

He is a huge minus asset for them.  He has a total albatross contract that the jets are going to kindly take off their hands and they do not want the guy.  And there is no competition of teams wanting him.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Because the cap relief in theory is more valuable than Rodgers at his age for a year. Not saying I agree, just that's the reasoning. 

Similar to the Seahawks situation after Wilson left 

14 hours ago, neckdemon said:

lol this is literally the worst comparison i've ever seen. first of all peyton manning started improving by the second half of his rookie season....and in his second year he won 13 games, made the probowl and was already elite. stop with the dumb comparisons. 

You are such a troll.  You do realize Chris Simms said he sees Pat Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers in Zach Wilson.  Max Kellerman and Dan Orlovsky were raving about him

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Had a thought on the trade. Basically Rodgers is a one year rental (I hate the entire thing) but maybe there is a win win here.

What if we did this:

2. We get Rodgers, GBs first in 2024, and a 2025 conditional that is the same round as the 2024 conditional if Rodgers does not play in 2024

GB wins because they get the #13 they covet, but we keep our 2 2nd rounders. We win because we now have two #1s next year which gives us more options and ammunition to draft a QB next year if needed. So we have the potential of Zach improving and if not we can get a QB in the draft or get one regardless.

I also like this because let's face it: they were not awesome WITH Rodgers last year and if Love is a dud they could be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season

Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

11 hours ago, bicketybam said:
12 hours ago, ptisme said:
Please point out the play Zach Wilson won that game for the Jets that day.

The guy joined 9 days ago and has done nothing but made outrageous pro Wilson posts. Don't waste your time.

Nope.  The guy rejoined 9 days ago.  He had been banned for his incessant spamming of the board with Zach Wilson takes.  But he came back.  Until this morning.

just-like-that-hes-gone.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Going off of nothing but the name the Jets should absolutely draft a guy named Tommy DeVito. In fact trade up for him.

He bombed at Syracuse. I’m surprised the name doesn’t ring a bell for you… he was a big HS recruit out of NJ. ( I’m not positive, but I think he was our QB when Rutgers beat us two years ago?)

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

What if we did this:

What, you don't think they need to throw in the deed to Lambeau Field too? ?

Your deal is 100% unrealistic.  Sorry mate.

Maybe just wait and see what the actual GM actually pays to get the actual Rodgers.  

58 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is a huge minus asset for them.  He has a total albatross contract that the jets are going to kindly take off their hands and they do not want the guy.  And there is no competition of teams wanting him.

To add to this he’s an albatross.  At this point I’d want him out of the locker room if he was playing for free JMO

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

But we have no leverage.

We had 100% of the leverage, we had all the leverage when the process started.  By the Jets awful handling of the situation we handed the packers some leverage on a silver platter, just handed it to them.  Because the Jets have no other viable option and have 100% committed to a guy before we actually nailed down trade comp.

The trade will get done but it has gone on longer than it should have and we are going to pay a higher price than we should have, all self inflicted.  We allowed the Packers to become the pain in the ass they are right now.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We had 100% of the leverage, we had all the leverage when the process started.  By the Jets awful handling of the situation we handed the packers some leverage on a silver platter, just handed it to them.  Because the Jets have no other viable option and have 100% committed to a guy before we actually nailed down trade comp.

The trade will get done but it has gone on longer than it should have and we are going to pay a higher price than we should have, all self inflicted.  We allowed the Packers to become the pain in the ass they are right now.

JD is excellent at trading away assets. He's a great liquidator

but history has shown he's terrible at trading for assets.

James Robinson. Joe Flacco are two examples of how he botches this side of the transaction 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

15 hours ago, ptisme said:

Hmm.   The jury is still out on him.  The Packers this year are about finding things out:

1. Is Jordan Love who Gute thinks he was?

2. Players lately have been struggling to make that second year leap, Does that happen this year again?   He's had some nice picks but certainly hasn't killed it in the draft.

3. Is LaFleur a good coach or was Rodgers just holding this all together?

4. Can Joe Barry field a decent defense or is he who all the fans thought he was?

Gute could be in trouble if Love fails and last years draft picks don't show up.   Something else that may factor into it and I'm not sure how is this: 2024 is the last for Packers President Mark Murphy.   That job with the Packers is age restricted to 70 years old.

Being completely objective, Gute picked a QB in the first round, did not pick a WR in that draft, the Packers did not make the Super Bowl despite AR being a two year MVP, and now have decided to trade away/run out/not play AR to give Jordan Love a chance.  They will also likely pick up his fifth year option.,

If Love does not take the Packers on a playoff run in 2024, I think Gute should be toast.  

JD is in a similar spot.  If he does not get Rodgers, I think his extension is on very thin ice.  

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

If Love does not take the Packers on a playoff run in 2024, I think Gute should be toast.  

JD is in a similar spot.  If he does not get Rodgers, I think his extension is on very thin ice.  

Gute just got a new contract in July 2022 - he's not getting fired in 2024. There's not even an owner to do the firing out there.  

meanwhile JD is on year 5 of 6 of his deal - he's 20-46 and drafted the worst bust in Jets history in Zach. He's not made the playoffs, not had a winning season. 

JD is hot seat adjacent if not on the hot seat already 

Gute has job security by comparison

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Gute just got a new contract in July 2022 - he's not getting fired in 2024. There's not even an owner to do the firing out there.  

meanwhile JD is on year 5 of 6 of his deal - he's 20-46 and drafted the worst bust in Jets history in Zach. He's not made the playoffs, not had a winning season. 

JD is hot seat adjacent if not on the hot seat already 

Gute has job security by comparison

He also drafted the offensive and defensive ROY last year. 

Most GMs miss on QB, I think JD has earned the chance to draft another.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

He also drafted the offensive and defensive ROY last year. 

Most GMs miss on QB, I think JD has earned the chance to draft another.

Idk

-He missed on the QB when fields and mac were better, remember the reports that it was darnold or Zach no other QB

-He drafted becton when the obvious pick weny later to Tampa

Im scared of the thought of JD drafting the next LT and QB. 

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I heard the packers front office loathes him for being the little shlt he’s been (much of it not public).   I think every time he opens his mouth to try to give more leverage to the jets the dog their heals in deeper

45 minutes ago, varjet said:

Being completely objective, Gute picked a QB in the first round, did not pick a WR in that draft, the Packers did not make the Super Bowl despite AR being a two year MVP, and now have decided to trade away/run out/not play AR to give Jordan Love a chance.  They will also likely pick up his fifth year option.,

Nobody expects the playoffs.    They lost a lot and couldn’t participate in FA so they could spare the cap to take on Rodgers salary

1 minute ago, ptisme said:

I heard the packers front office loathes him for being the little shlt he’s been (much of it not public).   I think every time he opens his mouth to try to give more leverage to the jets the dog their heals in deeper

I could see this being at least partially true.  Of course that implies that the Packer's front office is blind to their own contributions to the feud, like drafting defensive players in the 1st round 10 years in a row.  But that's all water under the bridge now. 

In any case, I'd love if this turned out to be the reality, but even all of the drama turns out to be unequivocally 100% on GB and AR, Beerfish will still blame the Jets.  He's dug in way too deep now.