Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

47 minutes ago, Hex said:

You think Green Bay gives a crap about the salary cap? They're going into a rebuild. Their best player is probably Jaire Alexander and then Aaron Jones and that's essentially it. They aren't going to care about the cap. Draft picks is what's holding them up

I think they do care about it. If AR retires they take a huge hit. Additionally his salary for the next 2 years is crippling. of course they want picks but they will need some free agents as well as like you said they have mediocre roster.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hex said:

You think Green Bay gives a crap about the salary cap? They're going into a rebuild. Their best player is probably Jaire Alexander and then Aaron Jones and that's essentially it. They aren't going to care about the cap. Draft picks is what's holding them up

Are they losing anyone else ? They believe Love can be as effective or better as Rodgers was last yr, in a yr they just missed the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sending anything for Rodgers is a horrible move. Woody will force it, it'll be an absolute disaster, JD will get the blame and in 2 years we'll be right back to post Mac level of rebuild status except we'll have no premium draft picks and the next GM will be selling off Breece and Sauce because we'll be blowing up the roster again and need draft picks. 

The amount of time we spent enjoying watching Seattle set themselves back years because of the horrible trade for Jamal... We'll be f*cked like the Bronco's after this trade. 

The Greenbay front office is going to be laughing their assess off and popping champagne while they submit that trade paperwork, thanking the football Gods that a Jets exist - A franchise stupid enough to give them premium assets to rid them of an albatross contract for a declining, head case QB who's wanted to  retire for 3 seasons. 

Yeah, this is going to go fantastically. 

You need meds

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I would much rather not trade for Rodgers, than overpay. And if he retires, that's not on JD or the Jets brass. We gave it a shot and he didn't want to play here. Whatever. No overpay. No 1st round picks unless it is conditional next year. I think JD will make it happen.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This the day we here the word “imminent” all day I’m guessing 

i can't see how it doesn't leak today. sunday night (effectively) is the legal tampering period, which is technically free agency and all teams including Jets and Packers have to shift gears based on their current 2023 plan/assets.

• Post of the Week 1

If they do they are salary cap hell with a QB they no longer want......
JD needs to win this game of chicken
I am Ok with another serviceable QB..even ok with Mike White
The deal has been agreed upon .. we are waiting on Rodgers.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bro they hosted a twitter space where Flowler said those things last night 
And I’m just saying there are nothing but conflicting reports and we don’t know what is the real holdup 
I honestly never heard of them

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro they hosted a twitter space where Flowler said those things last night 

And I’m just saying there are nothing but conflicting reports and we don’t know what is the real holdup 

So many conflicting reports.  The Jets and Packers are negotiating / playing chicken thru the media.

Others are just throwing out crap.

Waiting on Wingo or Graziano to post something of note. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The hold up is that Zach has to rescind his threat to make Rodgers' life hell in training camp. :D 

Someday we will get the actual story about Zach and why he is so disliked in the locker room.

On the field is pretty straightforward - 20% promising, 80% terrible. Off the field we hear what a hard worker he is - first in last out etc etc.

There is something though outside of the on field to make players act the way they have towards him. Wearing the M White T-shirts. The messages going out to recruit Rodgers.

I simply dont remember another situation on an NFL team where the actions were like this.

Anyway, I hope that he comes into camp with that attitude. I hated the statement when he made it but maybe that is what he needs to help turn around - whether that is here in a few years or ups his trade value.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Someday we will get the actual story about Zach and why he is so disliked in the locker room.

On the field is pretty straightforward - 20% promising, 80% terrible. Off the field we hear what a hard worker he is - first in last out etc etc.

There is something though outside of the on field to make players act the way they have towards him. Wearing the M White T-shirts. The messages going out to recruit Rodgers.

I simply dont remember another situation on an NFL team where the actions were like this.

Anyway, I hope that he comes into camp with that attitude. I hated the statement when he made it but maybe that is what he needs to help turn around - whether that is here in a few years or ups his trade value.

dont overthink it. players want to win and get paid, if u arent helping them win and still playing you are never going to be "liked".

also, they were wearing zach wilson tshirts before the mike white tshirts....

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

If Zach were good, none of this would be happening.

It must be a jagged pill for him to swallow, but he must understand that this has everything to do with him being a terrible NFL quarterback.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, ptisme said:

So is the holdup Rodgers or is it the teams negotiating?    GB does hold some cards.    They can trade him after June 1 for a conditional pick next year and Rodgers can go to that team or retire 

I don’t know what’s true but returning to Greenbay is not a option for many logical reasons, idk why people on tv keep saying this. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I don’t know what’s true but returning to Greenbay is not a option for many logical reasons, idk why people on tv keep saying this. 

it could still happen .. but that would be a colossal fail by GB as they enter the post Rogers era.

3 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Omg, I hate you for sharing this and therefore, agreeing w/ the biggest fraud of all these wannabe Schefters. 

F La Canfora - There is a reason Lamar is finding himself abandoned in the middle of the Mojave desert. That reason is basic logical thinking by NFL front offices.

• Upvote 2