ZEKE (?)

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Why can’t Breece be the goal line back for cheap?

Zeke will be cheap too, he won’t require a big contract. Can’t hurt bringing him in, especially to ease the transition with Breece back into a full time workload. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, y2k8 said:

If you enjoyed @bitonti's "tread on the tires" argument against Breece Hall, you're going to LOVE what he has to say about Ezekiel Elliott!

I don't have any problem with signing zeke on the cheap 

That's what you're supposed to do with nfl rbs.

Find em don't draft em 

There's even stats out there except for fournette who was also on his 2nd team, most SB winners go cheap at rb 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Zeke will be cheap too, he won’t require a big contract. Can’t hurt bringing him in, especially to ease the transition with Breece back into a full time workload. 

If he’s cheap then I’d be ok with it, but I was thinking he’d be like 10 mil which is way too much 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s coming off an acl tear and shouldn’t be given a full load right away. If we can work by committee so we have fresh legs. That’s best.

Breece was never going to get the full load anyways. Carter gets like 30+% of the snaps 

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

If he’s cheap then I’d be ok with it, but I was thinking he’d be like 10 mil which is way too much 

$10 would be a lot. The RB market is in the toilet right now. Austin Ekeler is making $7 next year and is begging for a team to trade for him and give him a new contract with no bites. I’d be surprised if Zeke gets more than $4.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

$10 would be a lot. The RB market is in the toilet right now. Austin Ekeler is making $7 next year and is begging for a team to trade for him and give him a new contract with no bites. I’d be surprised if Zeke gets more than $4.

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

$10 would be a lot. The RB market is in the toilet right now. Austin Ekeler is making $7 next year and is begging for a new team to trade for him and give him a new contract with no bites. I’d be surprised if Zeke gets more than $4.

I just don’t want another bell fiasco. I’m in the mindset that you draft rbs every other year then let them at the end of their contract and fill in with very cheap vets

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The contract is the sticking point for me. 3 or 4 mil? Fine sign him. 9 or 10? He can kick rocks 

I agree with that. By his list of teams. It seems winning is more important than money to him.

Isnt he getting 11mill from Dallas this year still?

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I agree with that. By his list of teams. It seems winning is more important than money to him.

Isnt he getting 11mill from Dallas this year still?

That was the dead cap. I’m not very good at contract stuff, but some of that was probably already paid upfront in the signing bonus etc 

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I definitely think Zeke is washed as a main back but I'm honestly shocked how many fans are against Zeke on the vet min contract as RB3 when we,

1) are one of the worst redzone short yardage teams in the league

2) have loads of pass protection issues.

It's not so much Zeke in a vacuum. It's the scary feeling that Woody has stolen JD's phone and they're just chasing pro bowlers from 5 years ago with no actual plan. Zeke is 100% washed as a feature back and combined with the OBJ stuff.. this bodes poorly. If they give him the vet minimum and he carries the ball 2-4x a game.. fine. But that doesn't seem likely. 

4 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

It's not so much Zeke in a vacuum. It's the scary feeling that Woody has stolen JD's phone and they're just chasing pro bowlers from 5 years ago with no actual plan. Zeke is 100% washed 

He had almost 900 yards and 12 TDs . Has a nose for the end zone. Will be replacing useless Michael Carter anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He had almost 900 yards and 12 TDs . Has a nose for the end zone. Will be replacing useless Michael Carter anyway. 

He's shot. Tony Pollard averaged more than a ypc more behind the same line. And again, my beef is more with the process. 

I'm irrationally fond of Michael Carter but if you want to replace him there's better ways to do it. 

He’s finished. 3-4 million is too much. If we end up trading both of our 2s for Rodgers which is too much but if we do, we can free up some money to possibly pick up a guy for that much but problem is, we can cut or restructure 3 contracts (Lawson/Mosley/Davis) and that money is going to Rodgers, possibly OBJ or another WR, and the 1st round pick. There just isn’t enough under the cap. We have young guys that can’t be cut because of the dead money cap (Wilson/Carter). We need help from Rodgers to restructure which will likely not happen until later if at all. We aren’t signing Zeke. We got Ty. Our RB room is set other than possible draft pick. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That is a brilliant marketing strategy. I was thinking the same thing about the Jets. This guy has to be facing a tough free agency market place and he is naming his finalists. Brilliant.

In the end I went with the Texans because I just liked the vibe.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I definitely think Zeke is washed as a main back but I'm honestly shocked how many fans are against Zeke on the vet min contract as RB3 when we,

1) are one of the worst redzone short yardage teams in the league

2) have loads of pass protection issues.

I like where you are going with this. Sign Zeke. Have him skip the offseason program. Boom. He is not a Tackle. Good call.

• Haha 1

Zeke is washed up but let's just say he wasn't. We have breece hall and he is the future here. You want some depth fine...t Johnson hello. Bam..hello...hell even Carter ok sure what ever maybe last year was a fluke...I mean the box was always stacked. B hall is just ok another world and it didn't matter.

The point is you don't bring that garbage dude to nY. He is not worth it . Joe is. It stupid enough to play that guy not only is he not worth it but it will cost a lot more when you take into account how that rb room feels.

I saw breece hall made an almost Elijah moore type move with Twitter. Someone better get their boy and delete that tweet. You don't want to end up with a 50/50 split breece. It's not really like moore last year but still you think these players agent would remind them not to comment on dumb sh*t. 

Just bad all around. Man just concentrate on healing up and getting back. I doubt he is 100 percent this year it that might not be for another year. But with Rogers I'm sure he will be fine

We don’t want Zeke, he wants us. Dumb conversation in the first place. He’s washed. 
I was just about to post this. There has been no indication that the Jets have shown even the slightest interest in him. None. They guy put the Jets on a list. Big deal.

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Whats up with MC he has been quite for a player that was pretty engaging with players and on social media. Now he is posting “leave me alone”  and blocking Jets media on Twitter. Interesting 

He is very close to Elijah Moore. If that means anything. 

• Upvote 1