ZEKE (?)

Zeke is one of the best pass blocking backs in the league.  He can still be an assett in short down and distance situations.  The Jets were terrible at picking up rushers and short yardage last year.  I can see a fit for the right number.  

• Upvote 4

This is more about Zeke being interested in the Jets rather than the Jets being interested in him. We have little to no cap space and need to cut Lawson and Davis, in order to bring in Rodgers. No room for a washed RB at what is likely over 10 mil per year. Need OT, WR, S, LB, DL, and we aren’t getting all of these in the draft. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

This is more about Zeke being interested in the Jets rather than the Jets being interested in him. We have little to no cap space and need to cut Lawson and Davis, in order to bring in Rodgers. No room for a washed RB at what is likely over 10 mil per year. Need OT, WR, S, LB, DL, and we aren’t getting all of these in the draft. 

Zeke ain’t getting 5 mill let alone 10

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zeke is one of the best pass blocking backs in the league.  He can still be an assett in short down and distance situations.  The Jets were terrible at picking up rushers and short yardage last year.  I can see a fit for the right number.  

I agree.   It just depends on the money.  For 2 million, sure, he can be a short yardage, short down asset.

But, he is slow as crap, and is not a 3 down player.   If he wants 6-8 million, hard pass.

• Upvote 3