Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

200.gif
He not only wants $230m guaranteed... He believes he is worth more overall ???

Did I misinterpret this ?

Btw : anyone else see that Baltimore is meeting with Richardson a second time ... Been saying all along that he should end up there .. Best place for him in the first round really.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yea, if Watson got 230M guaranteed (which I think he did?), then Jackson wants > 230M guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Am I the only person that finds this funny ?

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, if Watson got 230M guaranteed (which I think he did?), then Jackson wants > 230M guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yikes

Translation:  "I want a $300M+ contract but don't worry guys, I only want $231M of that fully guaranteed.  My Mom....err advisor....tells me I'm worth it."

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Btw : anyone else see that Baltimore is meeting with Richardson a second time ... Been saying all along that he should end up there .. Best place for him in the first round really.

Would be interesting if Baltimore drafted Richardson and then rescinds franchise tag before Lamar signs it, making him free agent.

• 8 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 6:55 AM, JustInFudge said:

First off, the "he sat out" is bull sh*t narrative created by fans and talking heads.  His team, including coaches and teammates all said, his knee had baseball like knot on it and he was noticeably still limping.  I dont blame him for risking himself to further injury so some fan could say, yeah, that's a real tough guy only to get RGIII'd out of the league, and how do we know he wouldnt have hurt the team trying to play through?  ie; like Rodgers did.  Now, him not flying w/ the team was a little dick but clearly he hates Steve Bisciotti and as someone who worked for that man, I completely understand why.  He's scum of the earth.  And I've repeatedly said, I'll take the chance on the injury because my plan wouldnt be to expose him the way the Ravens did, it would be much more calculated.

I think Rodgers playing through injury, not telling anyone and not allowing Love to see the field at the expense of his teams success, is just as egregious and something this fan base killed Favre for when he did it to the Jets. 

I disagree that a 1 year rental of a guy who quite frankly at any point could decide to return to darkness and come out retired is a terrible fit for the Jets.  It in fact, seems like a culture killer that if doesnt pan out (it wont, Jets) will be the death pill for the regime and/or lead you directly back to Zach Wilson. 

On 3/28/2023 at 7:06 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

You know I’ve loved Lamar since day 1. I posted in the draft forum about him back in 2017 and 2018, I picked him to win the MVP his second year, and I’ve loved everything about him since.

I would be ecstatic if we were able to get Lamar as a player. However, from a business perspective, it’s a lot. It’s not my money so I don’t care about paying him what he wants. However, where it hurts the team is the combination of the draft capital we’d have to give up and the cap space we’d have to allocate on a fully guaranteed $200m deal. Add to all of that the fact that the offense and the personnel would need to be changed to maximize his value and it’s a big ask to get any real return in year 1. And that’s all before we start taking into consideration the constant additional threat of injury due to his play style.

I still struggle with it because the allure of having one of the best players in the world (when healthy) is so enticing, but I think the right move is to pass on him right now.

I still love the Rodger trade (injury notwithstanding), but bigly UGH about what could have been. Lamar with Breece, Garrett, and this defense. We'd be fighting for the 1 seed instead of the #5 overall pick. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I still love the Rodger trade (injury notwithstanding), but bigly UGH about what could have been. Lamar with Breece, Garrett, and this defense. We'd be fighting for the 1 seed instead of the #5 overall pick. 

We’d still need an OL, like the Ravens have, to see their potential fully realized. 

it would have been nice having LJ.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Pure fantasy. Ravens match any offer made. And we’re right where we are now regardless. 

• Upvote 2

Looking back (albeit very quickly) through this thread a lot of teams missed a once in a generation opportunity to lock in one of if not the best QBs/players in the NFL.

The Patriots, Giants and Jets immediately come to mind. 
NE or the NYJ would’ve been instant SB contenders and the Giants would’ve been going toe to toe with the Eagles and Cowboys for 10 years. I’m not saying they’d have gotten him, but to not try? Give me a break.

NE and the NYG went with the Jones’ and we went for Rodgers… idiotic GMs and owners who deserve to be where they are right now.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Looking back (albeit very quickly) through this thread a lot of teams missed a once in a generation opportunity to lock in one of if not the best QBs/players in the NFL.

The Patriots, Giants and Jets immediately come to mind. 
NE or the NYJ would’ve been instant SB contenders and the Giants would’ve been going toe to toe with the Eagles and Cowboys for 10 years. I’m not saying they’d have gotten him, but to not try? Give me a break.

NE and the NYG went with the Jones’ and we went for Rodgers… idiotic GMs and owners who deserve to be where they are right now.

Dude we could have drafted him straight out..... but no.  So Jetsy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am glad I did not comment in this thread until now.  Anything I would have said about Jackson in the Spring would likely seem pretty stupid now.

I didn't post much in this thread but I think in other threads I posted that I didn't think Lamar was worth the risk of all of those years and guaranteed dollars (especially when he missed games due to injury last year).  Obviously Lamar is off to a heck of a start but we'll see how it all plays out over time.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't post much in this thread but I think in other threads I posted that I didn't think Lamar was worth the risk of all of those years and guaranteed dollars (especially when he missed games due to injury last year).  Obviously Lamar is off to a heck of a start but we'll see how it all plays out over time.

I thought his numbers were declining and he missed time with injuries in two straight seasons.  He has been great this year and if he plays well and they beat Miami this weekend, he probably wins his second MVP.  I don't think anybody does more for their team than Lamar does for the Ravens.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

I thought his numbers were declining and he missed time with injuries in two straight seasons.  He has been great this year and if he plays well and they beat Miami this weekend, he probably wins his second MVP.  I don't think anybody does more for their team than Lamar does for the Ravens.

Agreed.

He’s been pretty much a one man offense since they drafted him, yet he gets all the blame when that team reaches it’s ceiling in the playoffs or when he misses time with an injury.

IMO there are 4 elite QBs in the NFL… Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow and Allen. All are irreplaceable, and although you can make a case for each one being the best player in the league, it’s almost impossible to definitively say which one actually is.

• Upvote 1

the only reason the ravens didn't sign him originally was the fully guarantied deal that Watson got...they were going to match anything reasonable even with the 2 first round picks going back to them.

that being said, no i don't think we should have signed him to a fully guaranteed deal. i think it sets a terrible precedent for all NFL teams going forward and i want no part of it. with the amount of injuries the NFL has, can you imagine having to guarantee long term deals and limiting yourself from signing guys who can actually play?

btw i also didn't think he was worth the crazy $ with his injury history, and i stand by that for now.

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was STUNNED at how many JN posters didn’t want Jackson last offseason. A lot to unfathomably stupid things were posted about Lamar here. There were people arguing that Carr was a better investment . . . lol

The Ravens were never trading him, but to be clear, Lamar is a total stud muffin and always has been. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the only reason the ravens didn't sign him originally was the fully guarantied deal that Watson got...they were going to match anything reasonable even with the 2 first round picks going back to them.

that being said, no i don't think we should have signed him to a fully guaranteed deal. i think it sets a terrible precedent for all NFL teams going forward and i want no part of it. with the amount of injuries the NFL has, can you imagine having to guarantee long term deals and limiting yourself from signing guys who can actually play?

btw i also didn't think he was worth the crazy $ with his injury history, and i stand by that for now.

Yeah, thankfully the Jets didn’t turn around and trade for a guy who got injured and makes big $$$… that would’ve sucked.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

We’d still need an OL, like the Ravens have, to see their potential fully realized. 

it would have been nice having LJ.

Every one of these "what ifs" comes with a huge caveat for me.  The player simply wouldn't be as good if he was here unless he had the same kind of coaching and surrounding talent he has currently.  You cited the OL differences between the Jets and Ravens.  Could also point to the HC.

I'd love Lamar....if he came with Harbaugh.

I'd love Purdy.... if he came with Shanahan.

It's too bad we didn't get a real look at what a healthy Rodgers would have looked like on this team with this OL, these weapons and his handpicked OC Nathaniel Hackett. 

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

You honestly have to wonder why anyone would ever challenge me again in a debate on this forum.  It’s almost like I’m the Oracle from the Matrix, you have to wonder if I didn’t say it, would it have come true?

edit: @TuscanyTile2

I have to be approaching double-digit assists by now!

LifetimeAchievementAward-PrinceTakingBows.gif.2dedc0d5de6aa2b9fe20829084e8004f.gif

• Haha 2

On 3/27/2023 at 9:19 AM, slats said:

I feel like Jackson is coming off as both entitled and ungrateful. Baltimore drafted him when he was about to drop out of the first first round, and specifically designed an offense tailored to his strengths and concealing his weaknesses. His entire beef appears to be his hard line for a contract, to the point that he wants out now? I’d advise him to be careful about what he wants. I don’t think there are too many coaches/organizations who are as capable of putting him in such a position to succeed. 

As for the Jets, they can’t develop a traditional QB. Jackson would be a nightmare of Russell Wilson proportions here, and maybe worse. 

This received, 22 reputation points.  22.

I'm not sure who's worse at judging QB, JN or the Jets.