2nd round curse

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Breece Hall -  Good (RBs are always injury risks)

Elijah Moore - Bad (Underachiever gone after two years)

Denzel Mims - Bad (Will have to fight for a roster spot)

Marcus Maye - Good

Christian Hackenburg - Awful (Beyond Dreadful)

Devin Smith - Bad (Had a few games where he did things with Dallas)

Jace Amaro - Bad (Soft as butter player, the type of player drafted was okay but the specific player stunk.)

Geno Smith - Okay (Long career as a backup now a paid starter)

Stephen Hill - Good one game bad all other games

Vlad Ducasse - Not Good (Had a few starting years with Baltimore if I recall)

David Harris - Good (Good player good pick......though I still think he should have scored on the pick vs Brady in the playoff game.)

Kellen Clemens - Okay  (Long NFL Career as a backup), vilified by our fans but was behind the worst oline ever and his #1 wr Just Justin McCariens

Mike Nugent - Bad, had a few years as a starter with a few teams, cincy i think?

Justin Miller - Okay, this guy had loads of potential a pro bowl kick returner but never a good enough Cb)

When was Clemens behind the worst OLine ever?  I think you might be thinking of somebody else.  He was drafted with Brick and Mangold and they already had Brandon Moore.  Anthony Clement and Adrian Jones were not that bad.  His rookie year they had Pete Kendall.  I get that in 2007 the Adrien Clarke experiment failed, but what more do you want?  By his 4th season they had an Oline that propped them up to the AFC title game, adding Woody and Faneca.  McCareins only played for two of the years that Clemens was there.  In 2006 he was the #3 receiver behind Coles and Cotchery.  They also had Chris Baker, Brad Smith, Leon Washington and Tim Dwight.  For 2007 they added Thomas Jones because Barlow (who they traded for after Lee Suggs failed his physical) tanked.  

Tough to call guys like Clemens and Ducasse bad since they hung around so long, but they were not plus starters either.  I think your analysis of okay and not good it about right.

I think Hill gets a bad rap.  He tore up his knee, but he showed some ability and supposedly looked good in Carolina before he blew his knee up.  Still not the kind of pick that makes anyone happy.  

4 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Brilliant move to trade multiple second rounders for Rodgers.  Our history is putrid in that round.  Alex van dyke? Stephen Hill!?

last guy we drafted in that round that was a pro bowler was Marky Mark. 

trade those picks now

wasn't the last second rounder we took Breece Hall who was in contention for offensive rookie of the year? I get it 2nd rounders have sucked overall but that's the draft man, doesn't make them less valuable. The idea we should give one or two of them away for rogers is crazy twon and Green bay propaganda. Contract age and value of rogers is worth a conditional 3rd rounder. Thats it.

wasn't the last second rounder we took Breece Hall who was in contention for offensive rookie of the year? I get it 2nd rounders have sucked overall but that's the draft man, doesn't make them less valuable. The idea we should give one or two of them away for rogers is crazy twon and Green bay propaganda. Contract age and value of rogers is worth a conditional 3rd rounder. Thats it.
Ssshhhhhhh......he might hear you.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Kellen Clemens - Okay  (Long NFL Career as a backup), vilified by our fans but was behind the worst oline ever and his #1 wr Just Justin McCariens

Does anyone remember how Ron Jaworski talked up Kellen Clemens the way Tony Romo and Chris Simms talked up Zach Wilson?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Brilliant move to trade multiple second rounders for Rodgers.  Our history is putrid in that round.  Alex van dyke? Stephen Hill!?

last guy we drafted in that round that was a pro bowler was Marky Mark. 

trade those picks now

Pick 43  2nd round

John Schmitz

js.jpg