### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Find me one player, in the modern era, with his measurements, that went on to become an effective pass rusher in the NFL.

In a vacuum, I dislike the pick because of the reasons you laid out—lightweight edge guy on a defense that already has some of those guys. What makes it ok for me is that the idea is to let McDonald like up and chase QBs in the fourth quarter when we’re trying to hold a lead, which he seems suited to do. If the Chiefs or Bills picked him, we’d all be like “whoa damn.” 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Is parsons underweight? Adding 10 pounds would make him slightly heavier than him, right?

Yes.  He’s also a freak of nature that nobody even expected to become a pass rusher in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

RRRRight. You wanted to pick a WR in the first round again? Gotcha. Tells me all I need to know. We don’t need a WR. We have multiple weapons and the ability to take a later slot receiver. Wilson/Lazard/Davis/Hardman/Breece/Carter/3 TEs - We have more weapons than Rodgers has ever had. The depth of the WRs in this draft is ridiculous. But of course you know this. An elite pass rusher is not obtainable later. We got one. 

Well I mean we traded up and took JJ last year and drafted Clemons in the 4th...honestly neither position was a glaring need. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The fact that you are already calling McDonald an “elite pass rusher” tells me all I need to know.  The Jets could have drafted a punter and you’d fight tooth and nail to defend the pick.

Gotcha. Maybe do some homework, clown. I wanted an elite pass rusher. That’s what we got. I am happy. Game Wrecker. I trust Saleh over a wannabe insider. Seeya. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

In a vacuum, I dislike the pick because of the reasons you laid out—lightweight edge guy on a defense that already has some of those guys. What makes it ok for me is that the idea is to let McDonald like up and chase QBs in the fourth quarter when we’re trying to hold a lead, which he seems suited to do. If the Chiefs or Bills picked him, we’d all be like “whoa damn.” 

I agree with this... they see this kid as a finisher right opposite of huff... imagine those 2 from each edge to close out games when the other team tries to keep up with the Jets offense.

10 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Nolan Smith or McDonald? Nolan was my 8th top player. McDonald was my 27th. So you know my answer.

I didn't want either. I know Nolan looked good at the combine. Who was actually more productive? Who looks like the better player now?

I honestly don't know so not a dick comment. I wasn't looking at first round pass rushers given last year's pick barely got to play.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’d be fine with a guy like that…if he wasn’t a top 15 pick.  Plus, we have that type of player in Huff.  As I said earlier, we are one Garrett Wilson injury away from being a disaster class at WR.  If that happens, you’re also hoping that Corey Davis and Mecole Hardman beat their own injury bugs and stay healthy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

IDK

Feels like JD got caught with his pants down here after all the OTs went off the board 

Like maybe they spent too much time stressing over the AR deal and not enough prepping for what to do with the #15 pick they were so intent on not relinquishing 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not really going to consider the idea of throwing away a top 15 selection.  Especially considering that we, likely, won’t have one next year.  JSN has the ability to be a top WR in the league.  Will McDonald will be around 29 when it’s time to make a decision on his 5th year option, if he isn’t traded away by then.

Love that you're hot brotha, I feel ya. Like I said, I would have gone JSN as well. Thought it was an obvious move.

Just can't get over NE screwing us yet again. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Plus if this kid actually chips in 6 to 8 sacks as a rookie, the narrative will change quickly here. 

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate many seem not to agree, but I don't believe Rodgers alone is enough.

And I don't think Lazard/Hardman is that much better than Moore/Berrios.

Beyond that, it's the same old guys, with the same old injury risks/history.

Like I said a few days ago, JD is betting his career in NY that all these players are "better than they've shown last year".

And that they're more durable too.

Yeah, hopefully day 2/3 gets us some help on O, that will go a long way to placate my disappointment right now.

Lazard/Hardman is much better than Moore/Berrios especially with Rodgers behind center. A healthy AVT and Hall will make a huge difference. You keep talking about injuries like it's going to be the same as last year. Nobody knows. It could be the complete opposite. They also added a few FA vets for depth as well. This offense will be way way better than last year. Not even close. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Gotcha. Maybe do some homework, clown. I wanted an elite pass rusher. That’s what we got. I am happy. Game Wrecker. I trust Saleh over a wannabe insider. Seeya. 

Lmao. “Elite pass-rusher.”

I see you’re all in your feelings again.  Why don’t you go write another long-winded post announcing that you’re leaving the forum again?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, undertow said:

Well I mean we traded up and took JJ last year and drafted Clemons in the 4th...honestly neither position was a glaring need. 

The point was, we have very few “glaring” needs. We have a very good roster. We have needs at several positions including OL, LB, and S. We didn’t need a WR. Anyone who wanted one in the 1st round is just dumb. 

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Find me one player, in the modern era, with his measurements, that went on to become an effective pass rusher in the NFL.

Josh Uche is listed at 6’3 245 so close enough. Uche is a guy who is really good at getting home in obvious passing situations, but offers little else. That’s probably the best case for Will McDonald. 

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

IDK

Feels like JD got caught with his pants down here after all the OTs went off the board 

Like maybe they spent too much time stressing over the AR deal and not enough prepping for what to do with the #15 pick they were so intent on not relinquishing 

Its both... He was banking on Levis to be drafted... and/or Pats not to take a tackle.

But they rank this guy as a closer... Not happy with the pick... But I understand it.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao.

I see your all in your homerific feelings again.  Why don’t you go write another long winded post announcing that you’re leaving again?

You have no idea who you are talking to. Good luck with your “career”

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I think it will come back to bite them. You get the QB but then trade next year’s first for a non QB when you’re one of the worst teams in the NFL and will be starting a rookie quarterback?!

Maybe however they probably thought they would be in a position to get a player of that caliber next year. So they rolled the dice.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d be fine with a guy like that…if he wasn’t a top 15 pick.  Plus, we have that type of player in Huff.  As I said earlier, we are one Garrett Wilson injury away from being a disaster class at WR.  If that happens, you’re also hoping that Corey Davis and Mecole Hardman beat their own injury bugs and stay healthy.

I don’t think JSN would save us in the event of a Garrett Wilson injury regardless. Neither did the rest of the league, apparently, or he’d have come off the board a lot higher

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hear this, but I also remember thinking myself last year that I wanted to clone Bryce Huff 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Douglas letting buffalo get Kincaid was a massive massive mistake. You don't let Allen get his Kelce. You draft him for Rodgers 

Lol ok. There are several really good TEs in this class that Buffalo could have selected in various rounds. The Jets, nor anyone else, could have stopped Buffalo from taking a good TE prospect this year if that's what they had their mind set to.

Just glad we stopped you from taking breece last year ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes.  He’s also a freak of nature that nobody even expected to become a pass rusher in the NFL.

Fair - just pointing out that these size cutoffs are imprecise and basically just guidelines 

The draft is an inexact science and that’s putting it mildly 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

IDK

Maybe? Obviously, I hated the pick swap, but taking the EDGE guy is in line with Douglas going for premium positions in the first. I don’t think he opened up the mock draft simulator to find the next guy. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, LAJohn said:

Josh Uche is listed at 6’3 245 so close enough. Uche is a guy who is really good at getting home in obvious passing situations, but offers little else. That’s probably the best case for Will McDonald. 

Right, but he’s 6lbs heavier (9lbs if McDonald’s true playing weight is the 236 he was listed at Iowa State), and didn’t emerge until his 3rd year.  The most important part?  He was a 2nd round pick.  If McDonald was our pick at #43, I’d be perfectly happy.  The fact that he was taken at #15, when we could have probably GOTTEN him at #43, is why I’m so heated.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I been away for so long. Its weird seeing you be glass half full. I hope you're right. I used to hate everything and everyone involved with this team with you. We got a chance! I pop in like once a year. I see it. I used to be in your gang. You were the Joker and we wanted to burn it all down. Thats when we couldn't see a SB ever

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

IDK

Don't you think that they knew that the OT's may be off the board by 15. They plan for this day for months. It's ridiculous to think that they didn't have a plan A B and C. They just picked somebody you and the other draft guru's on the board didn't agree with. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1