Jets and Quinnen NOT Close on Contract

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Does anyone even believe this crap. Yeah I'm so sure . It's typical lazy reporting just trying to stir the pot, never mind the FO making moves and I'm sure talking with q and his people. All said and done he is going to be paid and paid well. We have a signed a number of guys and Joe is going to make him second paid dt in the league

Making what moves, exactly? 

Overpaying for Rodgers? Giving him two T's that are both closer to being out of the league than on the field, for different reasons? Average WR's behind Wilson? No insurance plan for a RB coming off a torn ACL? Completely blowing his first round pick? 

8 hours ago, LAJohn said:

What if some team offered a Jamal package for him?

Different situation then. The Jets were in total rebuild mode. Today, with the trade for Rodgers and success in last years draft, they are all in for winning now. I feel very confident this deal with QW will get done.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Most of the work has been laid out there recently with other signings. So, if they are truly far apart, this could be tough. Qs sack numbers are way better. I’m sure he’s asking for way over 100 with more guaranteed than the others. 

Old Rich has been off all offseason.  I cant think of one "report" he's been accurate on.  He's just floating stuff and if this report is true, that means that both parties have at least shared a number, which tells me, they're working on it and it's impossible for anyone to know "how far off" they are unless they have that deal in front of them.

This isnt reporting, it's trolling. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiF said:

Old Rich has been off all offseason.  I cant think of one "report" he's been accurate on.  He's just floating stuff and if this report is true, that means that both parties have at least shared a number, which tells me, they're working on it and it's impossible for anyone to know "how far off" they are unless they have that deal in front of them.

Yeah, no way they do everything they have done to make a run and not sign Q. This report was coming no matter what anyone has heard and will continue to come till they announce the deal was done. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They do have to find a way to get a QB next year. 

lol - your commitment to this, almost as impressive as your commitment to arguably the biggest bust in NFL history.

How much money does Rodgers walk from if he doenst play next year? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, no way they do everything they have done to make a run and not sign Q. This report was coming no matter what anyone has heard and will continue to come till they announce the deal was done. 

This D turns to average, quickly, w/out Q. Will.  The Jets know this all too well.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

lol - your commitment to this, almost as impressive as your commitment to arguably the biggest bust in NFL history.

How much money does Rodgers walk from if he doenst play next year? 

Let’s see what the contract looks like.  I still contend he’s not giving back $110mm in guaranteed money just to be a nice guy.  
Rodgers not playing next year is still the more likely scenario.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

everyone remeber how hard JIF used to defend Zach? me too 

5 hours ago, Gio-Jets said:

Really difficult to see why this is even a problem. The hard work has been done by the other teams locking up their DT’s. Quinnen should be in and around whatever those guys got. This deal should be very easy to do. 

Seems clear that whoever is leaking the story to Cimini agrees with you and thinks the other side is being unreasonable.

Not in the least bit worried about this.

First thing JD needs to do, in order to extend Q, is to restructure Rodgers' contract and get that 2024 $107 Million cap charge off the books.

Get back to me when training camp starts and Q isn't there....that's when I'll start worrying.

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes. I will take my "man lessons" from guys on Jet nation. Said no one

Apparently, you're not familiar w/ Dr. Crushlove?  Shame but not surprising.  Lessons can be learned everywhere, Lil Kevy Kev.  You just have to open up your heart.

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Want to run with me one day? You name the place and time. Maybe if you keep up you can mentor me on manhood and all

Run?  Like a race? Or do you want to break me like a pretzel? 

Do you Peloton? 

Just now, JiF said:

Apparently, you're not familiar w/ Dr. Crushlove?  Shame but not surprising.  Lessons can be learned everywhere, Lil Kevy Kev.  You just have to open up your heart.

Run?  Like a race? Or do you want to break me like a pretzel? 

Do you Peloton? 

yes like run or are you that weak?