Jets and Quinnen NOT Close on Contract

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Might be hard not to take that.  But we all know QW is a better player at a slightly more premium position (especially for this defense).

I know the Jets are trying to build up that attacking outside pass rush with Lawson, JJ, McDonald, Huff, Clemons.... but it won't really work without a guy like QW in the middle.

Yea, but he also only had one big time season. Prior to 2022 he was somewhat disappointing as the third overall pick. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

No kidding. Quincy said Quinnen and wife are expecting a baby in like 2 weeks and that was the focus. 

I think it gets done a week before minicamp. If it doesn’t you gotta think it won’t happen this year.  

I think Q wants close to Donald money. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

No kidding. Quincy said Quinnen and wife are expecting a baby in like 2 weeks and that was the focus. 

I think it gets done a week before minicamp. If it doesn’t you gotta think it won’t happen this year.  

Had a better year.  Might want more.

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Q will be asking for top money and he has earned it. 

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Had a better year.  Might want more.

It’s totally cool to ask for more but push come to shove players really can’t hold out anymore so he’d risk playing on a short deal and getting tagged next year compared to being the second highest paid player on a long contract 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Whoever thought this would end well was dreaming.
I’m waiting for all the leaks and ensuing threads tearing him apart for being a greedy one year wonder.
 “I can’t take this guy anymore! Dump him for a 3rd round pick at this point!”

And “ooooh, the cap! We have to save the cap”!

Take what he wants, compare it to the 3 year average cost that the Jets can control him for with the 5th year option and 2 tags and split the difference. Done.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Can’t fault a player for wanting a great contract.  The thing is they could have two JFMs for what qwill will probably get and that’s not so bad either.

You can put 2 JFM’s out there let the Jets D play with 12 and they still wouldn’t be as good as the Jets D with 11 and Q.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Cimini is speculating. Trying to provoke Q or the Jets to respond.

I think Q will soon be very happy.

Agreed, I’d be surprised if Cimini has any inside knowledge of this negotiation. Definitely not from the Jets end and I’d be very surprised if Qs side was leaking him stuff too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Y this is not surprising:

1- Joe D has never given out a big contract

2- Quinnen was not his draft pick

1- JD has never negotiated with anyone as talented as QW. 
2- So he’s going to let him go because he didn’t draft him?  That would be stupid

As others have said, Cimini is talking out of his ass.  Rodgers story has slowed down, the feel good part is over, time for Cimini specialty, stirring shlt. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Cimini hasn’t had contacts in the Jets organization since the Herm/Bradway days yet Jets fans continually buy into his bullsh*t.

It’s almost as if *gasp* Jets fans truly enjoy being miserable…

We just landed Aaron Rodgers for f*ck sake. I’m ashamed that you people care about literally anything else.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Wow, huge shocker ?

This should come as a surprise to no one. 

Does anyone even believe this crap. Yeah I'm so sure . It's typical lazy reporting just trying to stir the pot, never mind the FO making moves and I'm sure talking with q and his people. All said and done he is going to be paid and paid well. We have a signed a number of guys and Joe is going to make him second paid dt in the league

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Y this is not surprising:

1- Joe D has never given out a big contract

2- Quinnen was not his draft pick

Has never given out a big contract but just traded premium picks for one of the worst contracts in the league. This time next year the narrative will be how great it was to trade Q because the Jets don't have a 1st or a QB. 

6 hours ago, LAJohn said:

What if some team offered a Jamal package for him?

This team has 3.5 very good players. Wilson, Sauce, a RB coming off a blown ACL, and Q. The first time you've had a 1st round pick not bust in maybe 10 years and we don't resign him. That's really, really sh*tty. But, unfortunately, exactly onpar with our GM right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1