1JD Flight 23 Thursday at 8:00

13 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Hard knocks and 1JD going at the same time soon? 

Only 4 teams are eligible Jets, Bears, Saints, Commanders. 

PREDICTION: The New York Jets

To me, this decision is cut and dried. The last time the Jets were chosen, in 2010, they made it all the way to the AFC Championship Game. Perhaps history repeats itself in 2023? Robert Saleh's been holding on to receipts long enough, and the hype surrounding this team is real. Can Rodgers' time in dark solitude translate to a Super Bowl? Will Gardner's cheesehead sacrifice pay off? HBO is going to have a field day with the sound bites generated by this team.

I thought teams had input but it looks like the league chooses. If that’s true it’s kind of a lock 

• Upvote 4

On 5/16/2023 at 9:33 AM, Larz said:

Only 4 teams are eligible Jets, Bears, Saints, Commanders. 

PREDICTION: The New York Jets

To me, this decision is cut and dried. The last time the Jets were chosen, in 2010, they made it all the way to the AFC Championship Game. Perhaps history repeats itself in 2023? Robert Saleh's been holding on to receipts long enough, and the hype surrounding this team is real. Can Rodgers' time in dark solitude translate to a Super Bowl? Will Gardner's cheesehead sacrifice pay off? HBO is going to have a field day with the sound bites generated by this team.

I thought teams had input but it looks like the league chooses. If that’s true it’s kind of a lock 

Why don’t they just announce it already then 

Rodgers has arrived

What are they waiting for 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I legit thought that was Saleh's head in the bottom right and was trying to figure out why the hell they would do that. Then I realized it was just Wilson's shoulder.

IMG_6030.png

• Haha 1

The part where they went from Rodgers being described as the best player in the NFL (yes, several years ago) to Rodgers describing how excited he is to be a part  of something special here gave me goosebumps. Just surreal.  The New York jets are legit Super Bowl contenders. 

Happy Big Lebowski GIF

• Upvote 3

Remember when Carr committed to the Saints and Rodgers hadn’t made his decision yet ?  Man if Rodgers retires and the jets have to pivot to Tannehill or something what a disaster this could have been.  I consulted Dr strange, and in 14,000,605 multiverses, the Jets go into this season with Derek Stingley Jr., Drake London and Ryan Tannehill.  

this is the 1

• Haha 4

That was a good episode and definitely a better choice for narrator. Cool to see them include a bunch of podcasters/youtubers. I got excited when they started talking about the WRs.

Reporter: What does Mecole add to the offense?

Saleh: Gas.

Who needs hard knock when you have this show. Well done all around. Roger walking in slowmo to end the show was awesome. Love it. Man I am jacked for the season. I mean I knew he wanted to win a SB but he literally has me believing it is all about that Lombardi and not the 100 plus Millon or whatever he is going to be paid 

Meh espiode.... nothing earth shattering- no really new footage  .. lots of shots of the back of The Bald Beast's dome in a car, big Joe D smiling, Woody looking awkwardly happy - or panning shots advertising the greenskeeping abilities at 1 Jets Drive.

Also ... they desperately need a new sound engineer - VERY amateur for 1JD.  Overall ... 3/10 for lack of any real behind the scenes stuff. Really the only reason for the 3 points was the laugh I got from watching the look on Rodgers face when coach was trying to explain the story wall ... "wow this is a long hall ..."

Edited by Dunnie