New here

15 hours ago, Jdeet said:

I do have a connection but I cannot speak for the coach or the GM. I do think Zach is not even in the conversation right now. It’s all about Aaron Rodgers and winning this year and building a winner. If things go as planned, Rodgers is still the QB here next year and Zach is elsewhere. That could change, if Rodgers fails, which I don’t think will happen. 

so the whole talk about having Zach learn from rodgers is baloney?

i would think they give him a year to try to fix himself.  if he is trending in the right direction he can be #2 next year and then take over for Rogers the following year. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jdeet said:

My favorite poster in this forum - jetsfan80 - just by his knowledge, humor, and positive outlook for the team. I like football guy. I think I know him. I like the crusher. I am not sure if he is someone important here, but is funny as hell.  

Welcome Jdeet.  Jetsfan80 is my favorite poster but I keep it a secret.  As a long time Jets fan I have a built in fear of complacency.   We have won so many off seasons only to see complacency ruin the actual season.  Jetsfan80 tries hard and I don't ego to get in the way. 

Very impressive that you intutively know that Crusher might be very important.  Crusher is actually the famous celebrity chef Bobby Flay.  He earned the nickname fom his destuction of opponent chefs on his show "Beat Bobby Flay".  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Hi everyone. 30 year Jets fan. Never posted here before but I followed often when I want to hear the latest Jets fans opinions. Can’t really share who exactly I am, but I hope to chat with everyone in the future. 

You do a great job of providing Jets information and insights, prior to it becoming actual news. Some better than others. Honestly, I have seen some stories here which I find it incredible that you knew the details. Seems like there are some undercover true insiders here. 

I will share a few of my opinions and views so you can know me:

My favorite all time Jets player - Curtis Martin

My least favorite Jets player - Tim Tebow

My favorite current player - Sauce Gardner

My opinion of the Aaron Rodgers signing - Best trade acquisition in Jets history, not just the player but the presence will make the Jets a winner. Coach on the field. 

My opinion of the coach and GM - they will both be here for a while. Don’t love either, but the Jets will be in the playoffs this season and that buys them a few more years at least. 

My favorite poster in this forum - jetsfan80 - just by his knowledge, humor, and positive outlook for the team. I like football guy. I think I know him. I like the crusher. I am not sure if he is someone important here, but is funny as hell.  Jets sb has shared some amazing insights and seems really knowledgeable (shared a true story about Elijah Moore that I fact checked and it was true), but then he goes rogue, yelling at everyone and calling people names. What’s up with that ? 

Least favorite poster - I don’t know if I am allowed to say but if there is a way to block posters, I will block several for just being divisive. In other words, if the Jets win 35-7, these posters will be upset that we didn’t complete the shutout. Probably good guys but I am definitely on the positive side of Jets fandom. 

Thoughts on Zach Wilson  - One of the nicest kids that I have ever met as a Jet. His mistake last year, not taking responsibility for the Jets struggles, is not the man he is. I don’t think he will ever be a great NFL QB. Probably not even a good one, but he is talented and eventually could find a full time job in the NFL, but it does make me angry, the way the fans treated him. Just because he is one of the hardest working kids I have ever seen and wants so badly to succeed. No one in the clubhouse dislikes him. (No one in the current clubhouse, that is) Unfortunately being liked will not make him a great player. His issues are all mental. Physically, he is extremely talented. Personally don’t think he will ever make it here. Possibly somewhere else.  

2023 prediction - playoffs - lose in AFC Championship to Bengals

Family - 3 boys - All Jets and Mets fans 

Job - Former NFL player - currently coach HS football and baseball

Get out while you can.

• Haha 3

Hi everyone. 30 year Jets fan. Never posted here before but I followed often when I want to hear the latest Jets fans opinions. Can’t really share who exactly I am, but I hope to chat with everyone in the future. 

You do a great job of providing Jets information and insights, prior to it becoming actual news. Some better than others. Honestly, I have seen some stories here which I find it incredible that you knew the details. Seems like there are some undercover true insiders here. 

My opinion of the Aaron Rodgers signing - Best trade acquisition in Jets history, not just the player but the presence will make the Jets a winner. Coach on the field. 

My opinion of the coach and GM - they will both be here for a while. Don’t love either, but the Jets will be in the playoffs this season and that buys them a few more years at least. 

My favorite poster in this forum - jetsfan80 - just by his knowledge, humor, and positive outlook for the team. I like football guy. I think I know him. I like the crusher. I am not sure if he is someone important here, but is funny as hell.  Jets sb has shared some amazing insights and seems really knowledgeable (shared a true story about Elijah Moore that I fact checked and it was true), but then he goes rogue, yelling at everyone and calling people names. What’s up with that ? 

Least favorite poster - I don’t know if I am allowed to say but if there is a way to block posters, I will block several for just being divisive. In other words, if the Jets win 35-7, these posters will be upset that we didn’t complete the shutout. Probably good guys but I am definitely on the positive side of Jets fandom. 

Thoughts on Zach Wilson  - One of the nicest kids that I have ever met as a Jet. His mistake last year, not taking responsibility for the Jets struggles, is not the man he is. I don’t think he will ever be a great NFL QB. Probably not even a good one, but he is talented and eventually could find a full time job in the NFL, but it does make me angry, the way the fans treated him. Just because he is one of the hardest working kids I have ever seen and wants so badly to succeed. No one in the clubhouse dislikes him. (No one in the current clubhouse, that is) Unfortunately being liked will not make him a great player. His issues are all mental. Physically, he is extremely talented. Personally don’t think he will ever make it here. Possibly somewhere else.  

Welcome !  ?   the..

ded3a9d2d5952881e3d5165159e9ec69.jpg

...gang are ALL thrilled you decided to join us ! !   :ahhh:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes, we started rolling out new users so they have to opt in to your posts instead. Just saved a lot of time all around.

That was in the 2022 upgrade lol.

Should be a paid feature 

A2AACF29-FA24-4348-87AA-F10AF25015E5.gif.3c01f21056f66e258d6283332ae36223.gif

• Upvote 1

WELCOME TO THE FAM!!

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

Obv Fed 

More like a search and destroy Sentinel bot sent to the Nebuchadnezzar (JN) trying to find Neo (me, duh) but luckily Morpheus @Maxman  and Tank (you) have outsmarted the machines and the idiot bot thinks it's Mouse @Jetsfan80.   Probably what the new "update" was about, just tightening up the ship's defense systems. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

Welcome, glad to have you in the mix!
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jtomm said:

ded3a9d2d5952881e3d5165159e9ec69.jpg

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Can I be Martini ???

@Joe W. Namath is definitely Dale Harding (2nd from left).  Good to see @GREENBEAN there as well to the right. 

He's not in the photo, but there are plenty here on the forum who qualify for the Charlie Cheswick role. 
6.jpg

Who qualifies for Tabor?
DhVD3CgXcAE_-NH.jpg

We still need to cast Billy Bibbit, Chief, of course McMurphy, and a mod for Nurse Ratched.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Joe W. Namath is definitely Dale Harding (2nd from left).  Good to see @GREENBEAN there as well to the right. 

He's not in the photo, but there are plenty here on the forum who qualify for the Charlie Cheswick role. 
6.jpg

Who qualifies for Tabor?
DhVD3CgXcAE_-NH.jpg

We still need to cast Billy Bibbit, Chief, of course McMurphy, and a mod for Nurse Ratched.

8d6752d96fcc3feb08649bda995cef12.gif

..please note,..  Nurse Ratched is  watching    :ahhh:

20 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Cromartie?

except for the whole math thing with number of kids

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jdeet said:

The NBA draft is a joke. It seems like whenever the Spurs need a player, they get one in the lottery. Hey, you need David Robbinson? No problem. You want Tim Duncan, you got him. How the Hell are the Spurs picking ahead of Detroit this season? That is the lottery. It is as crooked as anything you can name. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The NBA draft is a joke. It seems like whenever the Spurs need a player, they get one in the lottery. Hey, you need David Robbinson? No problem. You want Tim Duncan, you got him. How the Hell are the Spurs picking ahead of Detroit this season? That is the lottery. It is as crooked as anything you can name. 

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So are topics intermingled here ? Or maybe poster just posted in the wrong thread. 

i agree about the NBA lottery though. Feels fixed.