Jets Camp Updates - 7/31.

Lith

57 minutes ago, hawk said:

Who to believe....

I noticed that when I was posting the tweets and assumed it was just a difference of timing.  From most reports, it sounds like the offense looked good early and than the defense took over and dominated.

But now I noticed that both guys tweeted at exactly the same time.

Top 20 I Don't Know GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

wtf are you talking about? 

Are we really disputing that he’s had a relatively quiet camp for a guy pinned as a breakout/starter? Granted the focus has been on Rodgers but we haven’t heard a whole lot. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are we really disputing that he’s had a relatively quiet camp for a guy pinned as a breakout/starter? Granted the focus has been on Rodgers but we haven’t heard a whole lot. 

I’d say we’re not hearing a lot about the TE position in general in this offense, but that just about every mention of Ruckert has been positive. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Haven't heard a whole lot? did your wash your eyes with bleach and put sh*t in your ears the last week? 

That's like me showing up and said - Rodgers hasn't been throwing many footballs. 

What we’ve heard from the offense mostly:

Rodgers

G Wilson is a star

Knight has seemed to have leapfrogged Carter 

UDFA receiver has played well

Conklin targets

drops

oline musical chairs

Have not heard much else. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Rodgers

G Wilson is a star

Conklin targets

drops

oline musical chairs

Everyone disagrees with you. So clearly you missed the bus - not the end of the world, but take the "oops" and move on. 

I'd say (outside of QB talk) he's been one of the most consistently praised offensive players next to Knight and Wilson before rolling his ankle. Be skeptical if you'd like, but "invisible" was offside  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Everyone disagrees with you. So clearly you missed the bus - not the end of the world, but take the "oops" and move on. 

I'd say (outside of QB talk) he's been one of the most consistently praised offensive players next to Knight and Wilson before rolling his ankle. Be skeptical if you'd like, but "invisible" was offside  

Remain skeptical. But I’m hoping he breaks the first team. A guy who can run the seam with athleticism is needed. 

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When was he ever pinned as a breakout/starter?  Conklin and Uzomah are and always were going to be a part of this offense.  From what I've read (following tweets every TC practice), all three have had good moments and active roles in the offense.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Its also just a week into camp.   Things could change in the next 2-3 wks.

Sure. But pretending that McGovern is actually good now isn’t accurate either. Douglas’s track record with the Oline has not been good. That is the truth as of now.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. But pretending that McGovern is actually good now isn’t accurate either. Douglas’s track record with the Oline has not been good. That is the truth as of now.

McGovern is fine, you don't need stars all over the Oline - but right now he seems to be the 2nd best OLmen on the team, only behind AVT - and that is a pretty serious problem.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s still early. Tippmann was working with the 2s today. Schweitzer was with the 1s, and that wasn’t working out so well. Tippmann will see plenty of preseason action, he’ll have an opportunity to impress or not. I want to see him start. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s still early. Tippmann was working with the 2s today. Schweitzer was with the 1s, and that wasn’t working out so well. Tippmann will see plenty of preseason action, he’ll have an opportunity to impress or not. I want to see him start. 

I hope he plays well enough to earn the #1 job, otherwise go with the vet.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

McGovern got a 3 year contract for 10 mill a yr.   And it wasnt because he was a terrible center.   He might not be top 5 but he was in the top 15.   Thats above average and he has stayed healthy and played all 3 yrs.

Your twisted perspective is hard to fathom, particularly this year where all the news is good, and we have a great team.    The O line will sort itself out - we have a lot of depth if someone is injured or falters.

Remind me  never to invite you to a party! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

McGovern is fine, you don't need stars all over the Oline - but right now he seems to be the 2nd best OLmen on the team, only behind AVT - and that is a pretty serious problem.

The concern at this point is the tackles.  Throughout the first ten days of camp, it seems the tackles are getting beat.  Have not heard many reports of interior pressure, and KRL commented last week that the interior OL looks good.  Tackles could be a problem, but Duane Brown has not been on the field yet.  Have not heard Max Mitchell's name often as a guy getting beat.  Becton supposedly was better today, but he seems to struggle with speed.  Turner is getting beat pretty regularly and Carter Warren probably needs and gets a redshirt year.  

Really curious to see how the tackles hold up on Thursday.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Rodgers

G Wilson is a star

Conklin targets

drops

oline musical chairs

Yeah....NOT sure what threads you have followed or which podcasts/interviews/videos you have been watching, but Tony Adams has been mentioned at least a dozen times.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

The concern at this point is the tackles.  Throughout the first ten days of camp, it seems the tackles are getting beat.  Have not heard many reports of interior pressure, and KRL commented last week that the interior OL looks good.  Tackles could be a problem, but Duane Brown has not been on the field yet.  Have not heard Max Mitchell's name often as a guy getting beat.  Becton supposedly was better today, but he seems to struggle with speed.  Turner is getting beat pretty regularly and Carter Warren probably needs and gets a redshirt year.  

Agree, the T situation is absolutely frightening.   I'm really not sure was JD was thinking here.

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah....NOT sure what threads you have followed or which podcasts/interviews/videos you have been watching, but Tony Adams has been mentioned at least a dozen times.  

This was regarding the offense. Defense is stacked.

4 hours ago, Prepare 2 Takeoff said:

I’m excited for Bam, he showed a lot of potential last year but Izzy seems to have a similar skill set. This isn’t fair to say about Carter because explosion isn’t his game, he is shifty and created a ton of missed tackles his rookie season. It’ll be interesting to see what they do if they sign Cook 

Barring an injury to one of the other RB's, i dont see Carter making the team

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

Lewan is still out there if situation doesn't improve.