### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’d say the circumstances around Wilson are completely different than just a standard backup. Maybe Boyle wins the job I guess.

Boyle is the 3rd string QB.

Rodgers/Wilson/Boyle have been locked in as QB1/2/3 since Rodgers and Boyle got here 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Were we really expecting some kind of big leap? The kid can’t play.

I thought there was a chance he’d respond to a more nurturing environment, but alas. It looks like his problems weren’t all tied to the big meanie Mike LaFleur. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The money is a sunk cost, so it shouldn’t be a factor. But if that’s what Zach Wilson looks like after six months of Aaron Rodgers’ tutelage and Nate Hackett’s tender love, the project is over. 

And who is going to play at the #2 spot?

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rodgers/Wilson/Boyle have been locked in as QB1/2/3 since Rodgers and Boyle got here 

Are you under the impression that players like Wilson and Becton don’t need the additional reps in preseason?  The reaction just simply from talking about these players by the board here doesn’t make sense. People go nuts if you even talk about Wilson and Becton. They are two major stories because of where they were selected in the draft.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Mond is better than both of them.

He's probably not making the roster in Cleveland though, with Watson and Dobbs ahead of him and the Browns' rookie draft pick likely to be kept as the #3.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So you think it’s a given that if Rodgers gets injured Wilson plays? Wilson will be the “backup” for optics but if Rodgers misses real time (especially if the team is in the hunt) I wouldn't be shocked at all if Boyle played.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

And who is going to play at the #2 spot?

I’d let Boyle and Streveler fight it out for the #2 spot. It’s a statutory tag anyway. If Rodgers goes down for any length of time, the leash on Wilson will be approximately two feet long. 

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So you think it’s a given that if Rodgers gets injured Wilson plays? Wilson will he the “backup” title for optics but if Rodgers misses real time (especially if the team is in the hunt) I wouldn't be shocked at all if Boyle played.

Yeah which is probably why they’re hiding Wilson this preseason. It’s never made sense unless it was a ruse to protects Zach’s ego.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d let Boyle and Streveler fight it out for the #2 spot. It’s a statutory tag anyway. If Rodgers goes down for any length of time, the leash on Wilson will be approximately two feet long. 

Good think you are not the HC ...

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh define “major” injury please….

Any injury to anybody important - anybody who has any shot at playing major snaps 

I’d include the backup QB in that. And he did the same thing last year. The third string QB got the vast majority of the drives 

• Sympathy 1