### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

Other than the obvious stuff like how Zack and Becton perform I am really looking forward to seeing some of the backup LBs.  We haven't really heard anything about the guys behind the three starters.  These dudes will make up the majority of the cover teams and special teams in general.  This is the position I could see up making a mid level trade or a player swap at the cut deadline to increase the quality of depth.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yesterday on Jake Asman's YouTube show one of the last callers was this guy named Rich who has a Wilford Brimley mustache and always sits there in his recliner with a baseball cap on and pontificates on Jets world. What Rich( @SouthernJet) said yesterday that he wants to see from Wilson is for Hackett to tell him to throw to the 3rd read every time, instead of (like always) just dropping back and staring down his main receiver and making that throw.

As usual Rich had the best call of the day because what he was saying is against a defensive backfield made up of UPS and Amazon van drivers Zach should be able to complete 11 of the 15 passes BUT  can he go through he progressions and look past the first two reads and throw it to the 3rd option or will he get the deer in the headlights eyes and turn fluffy white tail and run?

He’s going up against guys that will be on an NFL roster. Boyle  will be playing against guys that have little chance to stick during the 4th quarter. 

He needs to make the reads based on the offense.

The opposite is true of the third read idea.

This is a traditional timing based west coast offense. When his back foot hits at the end of the drop the ball needs to come out of it’s open. He wasn’t trusting his eyes last year. (Don’t forget that the flower couldn’t coach QBs and told him if the first read wasn’t open to just run. )
If it’s not there I want to see him climb the pocket and continue through his reads and if nothing is there to run and SLIDE. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Larz: All I know is Zach Wilson has a long way to go to convince this Jets fan that he should ever again be allowed to line up under center in a real game

That’s understandable and after the preseason nobody wants to hear his name again or see his face again until next march including me, but let’s evaluate him on what’s actually happening and not try to set it up as he needs to dominate these scrubs. 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

That’s understandable and after the preseason nobody wants to hear his name again or see his face again until next march including me, but let’s evaluate him on what’s actually happening and not try to set it up as he needs to dominate these scrubs. 

with him dropping back and flinging the ball to the first read tells us nothing-I just hate the idea that someone who does NOT DESERVE it gets anointed as back-up QB simply because either there's no one else or it's because of where he was drafted

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

with him dropping back and flinging the ball to the first read tells us nothing-I just hate the idea that someone who does NOT DESERVE it gets anointed as back-up QB simply because either there's no one else or it's because of where he was drafted

As I said, if it’s open. 

He’s getting this opportunity because of his draft status and contract but if he doesn’t show signs of improvement I don’t think he’s guaranteed anything considering the teams goals. 

long way to go. Let’s take it one step at a time. 

Tonight I’m looking for confidence, poise and command of the huddle. I want to see good footwork which is essential in the wco. I want to see him drive onto his front foot and let it go. 

If the play breaks down I want to see good ball security and common sense, don’t take a big hit. 

As far as the passing I want to see him throwing guys open , giving guys a chance to make a play. No bounce passes lol. 

The thing that would really stand out is if he tries a hard count, pump fake or moving safety’s with his eyes. 

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You are going to be disappointed. Rodgers in his own words prefers single reads with a dump off. He did not like the multi read plays LaFleur likes. Even when they lost to us Rodgers said the offense needs to be simpler.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Geezus.  It's preseason - week 0.  And we're already complaining about Zach Wilson taking snaps?  

Wouldn't want him to sustain an injury, that woupd be devastating!

• Thumb Down 2

Remember. .. he will be playing with scrubs too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

That is because you are misreading the situation ... The situation is that his talent level far surpasses those other guys on the squad and needs to develop ... Hopefully he doesn't see the field with Ironman Rodgers ... Aaron barely ever misses time.

I just want to see growth this preseason then hopefully nothing till next summer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Game day is here. We are a few hours from Canton and about to get some sleep.

Just wanted to say Go Jets. Here's to a good day for Zach, Mekhi, Brownlee and everyone else that sees the field.

Go Jets.

Just watched the Klecko Deserves the call and Namath welcoming him to the HOF with my kids. They were like, "Dad, why are you crying? You never cry ". So I had to beat them...

I'm kidding, my son Sean is my mini-me, he's 11 and starting to believe.  Connor is a very thoughtful 14 year old, and enjoys seeing people like Klecko finally get recognized for his achievements,  but has no interest in Football.  He will live a happy life.

😆 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2