1JD & Hard Knocks

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There is a clip out of GW vs Sauce camp battles.

Some of the moves GW is able to make after the catch are ridiculous with his flexibility and how he is able to cut on a dime, change direction, contort his body, etc.

That clip is beautiful. The football part obviously, but also the way they praise each other and support each other. I watch it at night before I go to sleep. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Wanted to start a thread to consolidate discussions of the two shows that start this week. I was very disappointed in 1JD's "Ascension 2023" earlier this year, but I've enjoyed their training camp shows the last few years so hoping for a rebound. Also hoping that HK's competition this year forces them to step their game up.

Will be fun to have so much access and get to compare and contrast the two. Hoping to see different styles of presenting the footage; I just don't want to see redundancy amongst the footage,

One Jets Drive starts their weekly docu-series tonight at 8pm est streaming on the NY Jets YouTube channel. 

Hard Knocks starts their weekly show tomorrow night at 10pm est on HBO and streaming on Max. 

I'm so ******* amped. We deserve all of the good that we're in for after sticking with this team the last 12 years. 

I think it will be alot of fun to see all this coverage and I think the hard knocks crew is going to cover the basic same stuff. I mean its training camp, its clear what the story lines are. The real question is will the !JD drive be so overally house friendly that we will see a difference between the two shows. I dont think we really will. Hard knocks wont be allowed to really down the jets nor will they want to. 

All good for us fan that is for sure!

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What other teams do you root for?

Never been a fair weather fan, but am fortunate that my teams in other sports have a tradition of contending and winning.

UConn Huskies, Knicks, Rangers, Yankees.

I’m not saying that there haven’t been other bad teams. I’m just saying that I can’t think of any team in any sport over the last 30ish years that have had 12 consecutive seasons like the Jets. 0 playoffs is one thing, but we’ve busted through 5 QBs picked in the top 2 rounds including 3 top 5 overall selections. I believe we only have 1 winning season in these 12 years and even then after winning 10 games, we still missed the playoffs. The team had made putrid decision after putrid decision - most of which a layman like me could (and did) predict would end badly.

All I’m saying is that the last few months have been nice, and we deserve it. We’ve finally been making good moves and taking smart risks the last few years and it’s culminated in us being able to land a rejuvenated top 5 all time QB who actually wants to be here and took a pay-cut to crystallize it. We have two BTS shows coming up this month to get us through the preseason, and then hopefully a magical 1 or 2 year run where most of our awesome players are under contract and the team won’t really be broken up. The mess that we’ll be left with after the rookie deals and Rodgers comes off the books is for later. I’m going to enjoy the here and now like I haven’t since the last time we were on HK. And I’m ******* amped about it.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm 37. Over my lifetime, I'd put the last 12 years for the Jets up against any other stink streak in any sport. 

I'm 61, if we had 12 good years in total over my 50-55 years of fandom, it would be an over estimation. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

"Hey, idiot jet fan.  What do you think about Joe Klecko in the HOF?"

Please do not tell me this is what we are watching tonight.

You'll have to wait until next week's episode to enjoy that content. 

• Haha 3