Guess some of you need to hear this: Zach Wilson (and his $23 mil 5th yr option) has no Future in NY

Paradis

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s incredible how people can honestly believe — and I think they actually do — that replacing a bust with an expensive 39 year old replacement is because the team feels good about the bust’s future.

Honestly, it is so self-disproving that I really hesitate to even swat it away, but I have very little impulse control when I detect stupidity..,

It's amazing how the stupidity oozes from this post - just a lack of awareness of this team. Saleh and Douglas and the beat writers have mentioned Arod was to win now AND reset Zach who had awful coaching and was rushed into a situation he was not ready for. The team is ready to win now, the QB was not. We'll see what happens. 

Obvious that if the new coaches don't believe he has what it takes and isn't developing then they will end the experiment. You can't say they aren't giving him a chance to salvage his career here because he's here and being developed by the staff - that's objective.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unprecedented suckage leads to unprecedented solutions.  This isn’t helping your case.  Wilson sucked so much the Jets did something that’s never been done before to fix things.  

Why then would they do anything other than move on from Wilson following 2024? 

If you take every moment down to a quantum level of superfluous specificity and detail, they are all unique.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think you got it all wrong pal. i am one of JD biggest supporters. i dont even want him fired if we miss the playoffs this year as i think he put together a real good team. thats all you can ask of a GM. its the HC who has to as Parcells said, cook the meal. 

what im saying has nothing to do with him drafting Zach, it is if in 2025 he 

1. resigns Zach for 2025 and makes him the 2025 starter. and Zach fails as he has the last 2 years , can he survive that? 

how many times can he let the same player fail. 

i dont know if you read some of the posts in this thread but there are some who think Zach should get 2025 to see if he learned something from watching Rodgers for 2 years. 

Brain Cashman has had the Yankees in the playoffs more times than any other team during his years here by far. if they miss the playoffs for only the 5th time in the 26 years he will be fired most likely.

Buck Showalter was Manager of the year last year with 101 wins and will probably be fired at the end of the year. 

Mike Tannebaum who built the 2009 and 2010 Jets to back to back AFCCGs was fired 2 years later.

good will for winning doesnt last long in sports. 

If the roster is solid, and the belief within the Jets FO & CS is that Zach is ready, then why not? 

If they (FO&CS) don't think Zach is ready then they will move on. Firing the GM that has revamped this roster and has taken the beleaguered franchise from laughing stocks to the NFL Darlings will not go unnoticed by Woody. 

As for your examples, Showalter's fate resides on the shoulders on the new President of Baseball Operations. It will be his decision to retain Buck's services. The Yankees would be foolish to fire Cashman for the reasons you sited. Tannebaum wasn't a good GM, he didn't build a good scouting department. He also hired a blowhard to be the face of this franchise. 

JD and his staff are good talent evaluators, this is something this franchise hasn't seen since Parcell was here. JD is creating a pipeline of talent, and isn't afraid to admit that he has made a mistake and moved on. One move isn't going to define whether he stays here or not.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, jgb said:

Highly, highly unlikely. I cannot think of many (any, actually) first round QBs that signed 2nd contracts to be a backup on their drafted team. The bust wants a fresh start, and some other team thinks they can salvage him and thus values the player more than the team who knows first-hand that he stinks.

How many times have you seen a team do what the jets are doing now? Most teams would have cut or traded Wilson heading into this season. I’m no Wilson truther, but it seems to me that this team does believe there is something there. This is a unique situation.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

It's amazing how the stupidity oozes from this post - just a lack of awareness of this team. Saleh and Douglas and the beat writers have mentioned Arod was to win now AND reset Zach who had awful coaching and was rushed into a situation he was not ready for. The team is ready to win now, the QB was not. We'll see what happens. 

Joe Douglas also once said he wanted Jamal Adams to be a “Jet for life” and that he wasn’t going to trade Darnold.

You’re far too trusting of what is said in public.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Query: what would they say if they didn’t think he had a future and hoped to get a return from him in trade next off season?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Joe Douglas also once said he wanted Jamal Adams to be a “Jet for life” and that he wasn’t going to trade Darnold.

You’re far too trusting of what is said in public.  

There is no circumstance where saying “Zach has no future here” benefits the Jets and in every scenario, saying he has a future does benefit them. It’s not probative because it reveals nothing about the team’s true intent. Trading premium draft capital and parting with $75 million bucks to replace him with a 40 year old? Now that says plenty.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

How many times have you seen a team do what the jets are doing now? Most teams would have cut or traded Wilson heading into this season. I’m no Wilson truther, but it seems to me that this team does believe there is something there. This is a unique situation.

Made no financial sense to cut Wilson and his bloated # 2 pick contract.  

Trying to squeeze what they can out of him and maybe find a trade partner was the better solution.  

If they believed there was “something there” they wouldn’t have handed over multiple high picks and taken on the massive contract of a 39-year old QB. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trying to squeeze what they can out of him and maybe find a trade partner was the better solution.  

If they believed there was “something there” they wouldn’t have handed over multiple high picks and taken on the massive contract of a 39-year old QB. 

I pulled these together in response to people who believed JD was telling the truth when he said "it was a hard decision to trade Sam"

"We were very high on Josh Rosen and certainly we were fine to keep him," General Manager Steve Keim said. "I think there were a number of things that went into (trading him), a sliding scale. ... Our goal all along was to get four players in our top 50. Not only did we do that, we got four players in our top 35, which about as good as I have seen with us recently. All of us are big fans of Josh Rosen. We wish him well and I think he'll have a heck of a career in the NFL."

"I like the rookie quarterback [Deshonne Kizer] who is here now," Dorsey said upon taking the Browns GM role.

He dumped Kizer soon thereafter to the Packers in exchange for part-time player and first-round disappointment himself, CB Damarious Randall.

“We are not kicking him to the curb.”

John Elway, two days before kicking Paxton Lynch to the curb.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s move was for self preservation. JD and saleh have everything on the line. Have a good season and they live to fight a few more seasons, fail and it’s over. It’s 2023 or bust for them. The likelihood of succeeding with Rodgers in the short term was a much better bet. I’ll say it again, I’m not much of a Zach Wilson believer, but I do believe they’d much rather him be the guy that takes over after Rodgers is done vs hitting the reset button. Will he be that guy? Doubt it, but I think that’s what they would prefer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

There is no circumstance where saying “Zach has no future here” benefits the Jets and in every scenario, saying he has a future does benefit them. It’s not probative because it reveals nothing about the team’s true intent. Trading premium draft capital and parting with $75 million bucks to replace him with a 40 year old? Now that says plenty.

They don't have a true intent.  He's irrelevant.  You can see the way they are calling games for him is they simply want him to be able to handle a few basic plays for a series or two.  He's being coached not to sh*t his pants if Rodgers has to come out for a series.   Hand the ball off, dump offs, screens.  Don't let the D dictate.

He's already been paid.  There is no upside to dumping him and putting another salary on the QB position when this year is all about winning now with great QB play. 

The entire focus of this team is to win now with Rodgers.  Developing Zach is a nice idea but it actually takes energy away from the goal.  I doubt the coaches or the players are putting any energy into "developing" Zach right now.  He's along for the ride and if he gets it he gets it.   

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

They don't have a true intent.  He's irrelevant.  You can see the way they are calling games for him is they simply want him to be able to handle a few basic plays for a series or two.  He's being coached not to sh*t his pants if Rodgers has to come out for a series.   Hand the ball off, dump offs, screens.  Don't let the D dictate.

He's already been paid.  There is no upside to dumping him and putting another salary on the QB position when this year is all about winning now with great QB play. 

The entire focus of this team is to win now with Rodgers.  Developing Zach is a nice idea but it actually takes energy away from the goal.  I doubt the coaches or the players are putting any energy into "developing" Zach right now.  He's along for the ride and if he gets it he gets it.   

Not much to disagree with here only to say that I would characterize what you describe as an intention -- specifically, the absence of one is an intention of sorts and certainly I agree that there is no material hope in the building that they have their post-Rodgers solution already on the team. At best (for Zach) they are agnostic, a luxury that is only possible for so long as no further decisions need to be made based upon an honest assessment of his future prospects.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s like 3-5 Jets in franchise history who went on to success elsewhere.  Riggins, Farrior, Demario Davis….that’s about it.  

Meanwhile there’s thousands who sucked here and saw their careers end or failed elsewhere.

Seems to me YOU are the one that has “learned nothing”.

Oh, I'm well aware the Jets haven't drafted well over the course of my life 4+ decades. I also know some players don't help themselves. I'm not pining for ZW to start, but I'm not rooting for him to fail either as it seems others do. ZW isn't even starting this year and people are looking to beat a seemingly dead horse. People talk about maybe ZW being able to get his sh*t straight with AR and the new OC and people energetically sh*t all over it because heaven forbid the guy they don't like for whatever reason puts it together, but wouldn't it be a good thing if ZW was able to turn it around? Even if just to drum up some trade value.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

That’s move was for self preservation. JD and saleh have everything on the line. Have a good season and they live to fight a few more seasons, fail and it’s over. It’s 2023 or bust for them. The likelihood of succeeding with Rodgers in the short term was a much better bet. I’ll say it again, I’m not much of a Zach Wilson believer, but I do believe they’d much rather him be the guy that takes over after Rodgers is done vs hitting the reset button. Will he be that guy? Doubt it, but I think that’s what they would prefer. 

Sure, they'd rather they already found their future FQB as I'd rather that the PowerBall ticket in my wallet will be this week's winner.

But I sure as hell am not operating with that result assumed to have any reasonable likelihood of happening.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I guess the question that comes to my mind is this: 

Is there any historical precedent for a top draft pick (like Zach, #2 overall), who comes in and starts for two full seasons, but is historically bad in his performance/production (amongst the worst in the league both years), who then is outright benched, sits as a backup for two full seasons, and is then resigned by the team that drafted him to start again?

While I think there are a small population of "Drafted high, sucked, went elsewhere, was eventually good elsewhere" guys over the long history of the NFL, that population itself is a minority.  For every Steve Young, or Geno Smith, there are several dozen guys who sucked, went elsewhere, and still sucked.  

But for a guy to start, suck, benched, do nothing got two years.....then get resigned to start again by his original team?  Has that ever happened to anyone knowledge?  If so, who was it?

I can't think of a situation where the OC gets fired and there is an argument to be made that he was terrible at developing him.  Then they bring in an OC and a future hall of fame QB that worked together to great effect in the past where the QB is committed to helping the young QB learn and grow. 

It's preseason so it's fun to argue about this stuff.  But I guess the question would be would you rather have a Teddy B as somewhat insurance for a few games, or Dalvin Cook this year able to carry a load early in the season while Breese is still recovering?  Likely a win or two early on is going to be pretty important when it comes to the wildcard or division race. 

It's a calculated risk either way you go because you may not need Teddy, but he is a better option currently than Zach.  But they may know they need Cook to help carry the load early.

Honestly the question about which was the right call can only be answered by if AR stays healthy.  

There was no sending Zach elsewhere.  Honestly they likely would have trouble giving his contract away for free.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Haven't missed on a Jets QB prediction in well over two decades+.

*cough* Patrick Ramsey *cough* --- Wow, Nostradamus.... You should apply for a position at one jets drive.

Might want to look in a mirror mate, that post of yours reads like peak "leave Brittney alone" emo, lol. Lol, I really don't care particularly about legit stuff. For instance when he took no blame in a press conference last year he ****ed up, but some clearly have a hate going for him regardless.

Why do you hate the Jets? Maybe you need therapy? I thought you embraced the suck? I don't hate the Jets, I'm simply honest with myself about their ability to groom a QB. I've embraced it for 40+ years that doesn't mean I can't complain like anyone else.

No sh*t, really?  We will?  Who knew!  LOL. Apparently not the people who speak in absolutes.

So you hate Zach Wilson too, eh? No, but I'm not naive about the timing and business aspects involved. I think he has the athletic talent, but I don't know that he can get it together mentally. I don't hate him nor am I a fan, but I know he needs a lot of coaching that he didn't get previously.

Don't let that fencepost you're sitting on hurt your butthole. I'll just respond that you're clearly feeling twatty, and obviously was butt hurt by my post. Despite not naming names you clearly feel that you fit the profile I spoke about.

Oh of course, the usual folks will have someone shiny and new to write posts like this about after Zachy is gone. You mean support the team rather than my own favorite player that they didn't draft so that I constantly rail against the player that they did draft... By the way, as opposed to many of you I don't buy a shiny new jersey to live through each year with my new man crush's name on it. No 'ZACHY' jersey in my closet though you probably have a few in yours. I couldn't care less in the end if ZW fails or succeeds other than how it affects the Jets. 

Any Zach talk will be "beating a dead horse" then.  Homers are never wrong, they just move on and avoid any talk of their previous wrongness. Sounds familiar that's pretty much everyone on the board at one point or another regardless of your opening line that you've never been wrong in twenty years blah blah blah...

Why do homers feel the need to flog this "rooting for success" idea, as if anyone here WASN'T rooting for every Jet player and the Jets team  to succeed, lol. Because clearly there are people who root for guys they don't like to fail regardless of being on a team they root for. Why do people feel the need to label people? Oh, that's right, because that other person's point hit close to home.

Is the difference between opinion and fandom that hard to grasp? Why don't you ask yourself that.

I root for the Jets to succeed. Good for you. Are you telling me that or yourself?

I predict Zach Wilson will not become a great starting QB. You're more than welcome to your opinion, and you may be right. There is a difference between not believing in a guy, and ragging on him as much as possible for every petty thing someone can think of. ZW to his credit didn't come into camp pouting that he should be the starter if he had I'd want him off the team asap. Not only would he be a distraction at that point it would show me he is immature and not capable any time soon of getting better. 

These are not mutual exclusive ideas the way some homers seem to think they are. You keep on with the labels which says a lot about your argument. Again, there is a difference between legit critique, and having an axe to grind.

Thinking the second does not invalidate the first.

So, were you an advocate for retaining Geno Smith for as long as it took him for to "get it"?  Were you willing to start Geno Smith all those many season, skip on Danrold, skip on Wilson, stick with Geno and only Geno, because you were sure he'd become the Geno of 2022? Seeing as things have turned out would it have been a bad thing to stick with Geno and not have invested high picks to draft Darnold and Wilson? Imagine what they could have done with the picks which they invested in those two.

Geno was mishandled from day 1, but also punched his ticket out when he got his jaw broken for how he acted in the locker room. The point which obviously escaped you since your response was more about trying to rag on me than have a conversation was that everyone said he sucked and would never amount to anything, but all it took was some coaching and an environment that wasn't a free for all. 

Or is Geno exactly the example of the (very rare) guys who sucks, takes several years and one or several other teams, before he gets it?  

Not sure "but, but, but Geno Smith!" is the exemplar you want to use for Zach Wilson. I think it's past your bed time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Developing Zach is a nice idea but it actually takes energy away from the goal.  I doubt the coaches or the players are putting any energy into "developing" Zach right now.

If you've been paying attention at all they are, in fact, putting substantive energy into developing Zach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Not sure how popular/unpopular this take is but Geno demonstrated a much higher level of competence during his tenure here (on a much worse team, with much worse weapons) than Zach Wilson did. Darnold honestly did too.

They all had bad numbers but if you're comparing supporting cast and the eye test Wilson is easily the worst QB we've drafted in the last 20 years whose name doesn't rhyme with "Shmackenberg."

I agree. ZW had way more talent than Geno to work with. ZW wasn't able to capitalize on a good opportunity regardless of poor coaching. I'd like to see him with a different guy calling the plays after getting some legit coaching.

I agree. ZW had way more talent than Geno to work with. ZW wasn't able to capitalize on a good opportunity regardless of poor coaching. I'd like to see him with a different guy calling the plays after getting some legit coaching.
Zach Wilson is rising and will take the reigns from Rogers when he is done here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I did not scan the entire thread to see if anyone addressed this, (not that it matters) but is there reliable info on the amount of Wilson's 5th year option? I searched and saw one reporter said it is about $23 million, but it is unclear where that came from. I know that a fifth-year option salary is calculated based on four tiers: Basic, playtime, one Pro Bowl, multiple Pro Bowls. So, is $23 million what Zach would get based on his prior 2 years play and not playing much, if at all, this season? I mean Joe Burrow's 5th year option was $29.5 million. I know $6.5 million is a lot of money but seriously they shouldn't even be in the same ballpark. Marriotta started for 3 season in Tennessee and played reasonably well at times and his 5th year option was $21 million in 2019. So, can anyone speak to what exactly the number will be? I realize it does not matter because the Jets will either re-sign him to less money or let him walk, but I am curious as to what it would be since it is supposed to be based on "level" of play.

1 hour ago, rtnelson said:

I can't think of a situation where the OC gets fired and there is an argument to be made that he was terrible at developing him.  Then they bring in an OC and a future hall of fame QB that worked together to great effect in the past where the QB is committed to helping the young QB learn and grow. 

It's preseason so it's fun to argue about this stuff.  But I guess the question would be would you rather have a Teddy B as somewhat insurance for a few games, or Dalvin Cook this year able to carry a load early in the season while Breese is still recovering?  Likely a win or two early on is going to be pretty important when it comes to the wildcard or division race. 

It's a calculated risk either way you go because you may not need Teddy, but he is a better option currently than Zach.  But they may know they need Cook to help carry the load early.

Why not both, would be my rebuttal. Teddy received ~$3M from the Lions so I must believe $3.5M has a strong chance to get him into the building. Of course, I cannot know what is in Teddy's heart -- maybe he's much more focused on landing in a place to maximize his chances to play this year. But again, this isn't really about Teddy--there are (or at least were a few months ago) plenty of low-cost upgrades available as QB2. 

Honestly the question about which was the right call can only be answered by if AR stays healthy.  

That I disagree with. It would be like saying the decision to get fire insurance was a bad call unless your house burns down. While every Jets fan certainly hopes that Rodgers continues his iron man ways, you can only make decisions with the information that is available at the time.

There was no sending Zach elsewhere.  Honestly they likely would have trouble giving his contract away for free.

It would require a Brock Osweiller type deal where the Jets would have to give up draft capital to induce another team to take on the contract.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I pulled these together in response to people who believed JD was telling the truth when he said "it was a hard decision to trade Sam"

"We were very high on Josh Rosen and certainly we were fine to keep him," General Manager Steve Keim said. "I think there were a number of things that went into (trading him), a sliding scale. ... Our goal all along was to get four players in our top 50. Not only did we do that, we got four players in our top 35, which about as good as I have seen with us recently. All of us are big fans of Josh Rosen. We wish him well and I think he'll have a heck of a career in the NFL."

"I like the rookie quarterback [Deshonne Kizer] who is here now," Dorsey said upon taking the Browns GM role.

He dumped Kizer soon thereafter to the Packers in exchange for part-time player and first-round disappointment himself, CB Damarious Randall.

“We are not kicking him to the curb.”

John Elway, two days before kicking Paxton Lynch to the curb.

Why does every scenario have to be binary?  Multiple things are able to be true, such as:

1.  The team needed to find a better QB for 2023 and likely 2024 because Zach wasnt good enough to QB this roster and have any success

2.  They still see some traits in him that can be developed and Rogers told them he do his best to help zach while he was here.

3.  They hope that after 2 years behind rogers, those traits could allow him to develop into a starting NFL QB.

4.  If they get an offer that they believe allows the team to get better at QB then they are with Zach they will move on from him.

All of these things can be true at the same time.  

The team loves Tony Adams, if they can suddenly acquire Buddah Baker for him and do so, it doesnt mean they lied or didnt love him - it means that new information became available and/or a new scenario presented itself which changed the foundation underneath of how they originally felt.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Why does every scenario have to be binary?  Multiple things are able to be true, such as:

1.  The team needed to find a better QB for 2023 and likely 2024 because Zach wasnt good enough to QB this roster and have any success

2.  They still see some traits in him that can be developed and Rogers told them he do his best to help zach while he was here.

3.  They hope that after 2 years behind rogers, those traits could allow him to develop into a starting NFL QB.

4.  If they get an offer that they believe allows the team to get better at QB then they are with Zach they will move on from him.

All of these things can be true at the same time.  

The team loves Tony Adams, if they can suddenly acquire Buddah Baker for him and do so, it doesnt mean they lied or didnt love him - it means that new information became available and/or a new scenario presented itself which changed the foundation underneath of how they originally felt.

I'm not arguing it's binary. I'm arguing that JD saying nice things about Zach is not probative because he would be saying those same things regardless of what he actually believes.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Zach is being handled the way he should have been from day one .. it must be refreshing for him ... Further... He is probably extremely grateful the coaching staff realized its deficiencies , fired the 1st time OC that could not get anything done, hired the ultimate mentor in Rogers, and is actually contributing to his growth.

Zach will sign a three-four year extension at the end of this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Respectfully .. and without the name calling and ego fueled sesquipedalian jargon (see what I did there), what makes you believe that?

Mine is not a question of rooting for Zach.  I mean why wouldn’t we, except for the few who need the validity of being right on a message board.  Strip them out.

It’s been great seeing Zach make progress, for example doing a better job calmly going thru reads and making the easy look less difficult … and sometimes easy.

But that is still SO SO far from being considered a franchise QB and the only way for him to prove it is to play when the big lights are on.  I write this because his issues have been mostly mental.  At the very least, he has suffered from confidence and processing issues .. and potentially far worse anxiety related YIPS that have rendered him a deer in headlights at times.  Playing in practice or preseason games is much different than playing the Bills in Buffalo or NE any time.

Rodgers has indicated he will most likely be here 2 years, possibly 3 which will not give Zach time to develop.  Nor would it give the Jets what they need to offer him a QB of the future type contract.  

On the flip side, why would Zach sign a multi year deal with the Jets sitting behind Rodgers when another (possibly desperate) team would offer him a fresh start, some of the same developmental coaching he is now getting from the Jets, and the experience he needs to prove he can do it when the lights are on?

• Upvote 2
  • En Fuego 1

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That was pretty funny, you're full triggered at this point.  Would read and laugh at again.

Not surprised that you'd tell yourself that to stroke your ego. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't get 'triggered' by the opinion of random online people who don't matter to me whatsoever with regard to a child's game, whereas maybe you do.  I simply point out things and those who relate to what I say one way or the other respond. You should probably go look in the mirror and be honest with yourself at this point. 

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'm not pining for ZW to start, but I'm not rooting for him to fail either as it seems others do. ZW isn't even starting this year and people are looking to beat a seemingly dead horse.

You managed to hit the “rooting for him to fail” AND “beating a dead horse” trope in the same post.  Impressive. 

it’s decidedly not a “dead horse” topic when he’s one injury away from being pressed into action btw.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Following your logic, Geno never should’ve been a Jet because we would’ve been waiting at least 8 years to double-triple check that we weren’t giving up on Sanchez too soon.

Yeah, that's clearly what I'm saying. Wait, no, it's not, the logic escaped you. Anyway, moving on, you can draft Geno while still having Sanchez on the roster as it provides competition, and let the better QB play. There's always that possibility.  

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, that's clearly what I'm saying. Wait, no, it's not, the logic escaped you. Anyway, moving on, you can draft Geno while still having Sanchez on the roster as it provides competition, and let the better QB play. There's always that possibility.  

Until you can determine which busted QBs will become serviceable 8 years down the road, your argument that the Jets should have waited on Geno (but not Sanchez, or Darnold, or Zach, or Captain Morgan, or Brooks Bollinger, or Brett Ratliff, or Christian Hackenburg, or Matt Simms, or dozens of other guys) has little merit, friend.

• Upvote 2
  • En Fuego 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You managed to hit the “rooting for him to fail” AND “beating a dead horse” trope in the same post.  Impressive. 

it’s decidedly not a “dead horse” topic when he’s one injury away from being pressed into action btw.  

I do have impressive moments as you noted. It is a dead horse in that team made a move, and that he isn't planned to be starting. Every team is in trouble is their starting QB goes down. 

4 hours ago, extmenace said:

I’m no Wilson truther, 

We Wilson truthers are like those cicadas that bury themselves and reappear every 17 years. Except our cycle will be up in, oh, about 2 years time. That's when we'll pop out of the ground and start talkin' arm angles and throw velocities.  

• Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

Until you can determine which busted QBs will become serviceable 8 years down the road, your argument that the Jets should have waited on Geno (but not Sanchez, or Darnold, or Zach, or Captain Morgan, or Brooks Bollinger, or Brett Ratliff, or Christian Hackenburg, or Matt Simms, or dozens of other guys) has little merit, friend.

No, the point is that if the Jets had a functional organization in place that players whether that be Geno, Sam, or whomever could have possibly developed into something. Instead time after time the players the jets draft, at qb in particular, bust out at a rate that seems to be higher than others, and you have to wonder why. I have no doubt that some of that is the players fault such as Geno getting his jaw broken or ZW saying he didn't feel he let the team down after negative yards in a half.