This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

It's hilarious how many of you get caught up in a username.

Yeah, on the back of an easy schedule. 

Those 7 wins were against teams with a combined 54-65 record.

Take away the outlier of the Bills and our wins came against teams with a 41-62 record.

Losing Hall and AVT had nothing to do with it I suppose

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

I easily see us at 15-2. I dont think its as big of a stretch as some are making it out to be

Week 1 vs Bills - Bills have not gotten better and are caught flat footed in the season opener            WIN

Week 2 vs Cowboys - New offensive coordinator growing pains and confusion                                   WIN

Week 3 vs Patriots- Patriots are the worst team in the NFL                                                                    WIN

Week 4 vs Chiefs - Jets establish the run and slow down mahomes passing attack                               WIN

Week 5 vs Broncos - Easy win they are trash                                                                                           WIN

Week 6 vs Eagles - This is the jets first real test and first loss of the season                                           LOSS

Week 8 vs Giants - Pathetic wrs and an impotent offense                                                                       WIN

Week 9 vs Chargers - Their wrs will most likely be injured by week 9                                                     WIN

Week 10 vs Raiders - Nothing to say horrible team easy win                                                                  WIN

Week 11 vs Bills - By now the wheels have fallen off the Bills and they are basically tanking                 WIN

Week 12 vs Fins - TUA out with concussion                                                                                             WIN

Week 13 vs Falcons - No qb, bijan is easily contained by our dominate d                                               WIN

Week 14 vs Texans - Basically a college team                                                                                           WIN

Week 15 vs Dolphins - "   "                                                                                                                        WIN

Week 16 vs Redskins - I see a sneaky loss here as the jets get too complacent                                       LOSS

Week 17 vs Browns- Chubb gets overworked this year and the team has no cohesion                           WIN

Week 18 vs Patriots - "   "                                                                                                                           WIN

This post was perfect. The thread should’ve been locked right after this

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The disease at its finest.

Oh, no. Two of my favorite contrarian indicators disagree. Now I’m officially torn.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

You can assume a season above .500 with Zach behind center if you wish but I’m sure not.

That's my whole point and why I don't agree with your prior statement that "heads will roll" if they don't make the playoffs.  There are so many variables that play into a whole range of outcomes for an NFL team over the course of a season.  It's far from binary.  It's not just success is making the playoffs and failure is not.  

• En Fuego 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

I actually consider this one of @Facts most optimistic posts.  I was expecting a 5 win prediction thread.

The therapy is working.  Rejoice Jets fans.  The culture around here is changing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That's my whole point and why I don't agree with your prior statement that "heads will roll" if they don't make the playoffs.  There are so many variables that play into a whole range of outcomes for an NFL team over the course of a season.  It's far from binary.  It's not just success is making the playoffs and failure is not.  

Sigh. Yes there is a non-zero chance that heads will not roll if the Jets miss the playoffs but I suspect with a high degree of probability that it is likely.

Thank god I’m a lawyer. This place has turned into a courtroom.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Losing Hall and AVT had nothing to do with it I suppose

If losing 2 players derails an entire season then the roster is NOT loaded. It is devoid of depth.

Can't have it both ways.

Can't say this is the best roster in Jets history, but also if 2 players get injured, toast!

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Robby Sabo @RobbySabo

Moral of the #Jets OL story: When there’s no AVT, it all falls apart. Was all downhill after Denver last year. No Laken or Duane = Jets we’re basically rolling with a second-team OL today. There’s no need for panic yet. Plus, OL can only truly be evaluated during live games (wholly). Remember the Tippmann panic just a couple of weeks ago. His example was a “planned” hold back rather than performance (which is often the deal for rookies), yet that really wasn’t the narrative. Kid is gonna be a stud; still has much to learn. It’ll take the first few weeks of the season for this OL to gel completely, for obvious reasons. Not ideal, but also, at this stage of the summer, it’s not yet time to panic.

But AVT wasn't worth the draft capital the Jets paid for him... So I heard.... 

23 minutes ago, Facts said:

Remember when Belichick went 11-5 after Tom Brady went down Week 1?

Remember when Pederson won a Super Bowl after his starting QB went down mid-season?

Great coaches don't need excuses.

Wow.  You found two examples when it didn't matter.  Want to add the Hoestetler SB win for the Giants in 91?  I can list dozens that went the other way.  By the way, the 2008 Pats missed the playoffs.  Wentz went down late in the 2017 season for the Eagles and had an MVP type season before that to put them in position to win it all. Do you really think the Eagles win a SB with Foles playing 10-15 games?  Same with the 91 Giants.  Simms led them to 10-11 wins before getting hurt.  If Rodgers is hurt early, the playoffs are a long shot no matter who the coach is.

40 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

10 wins is basically the floor of this team. Its going to be 14 to 16 wins this year. Saying its anything less is just trolling trying to piss people off

I for one, will be very upset if this team doesnt go undefeated.  I was just speaking on behalf of everyone else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's not just success is making the playoffs and failure is not.  

Wut?  Um, isn't that the very definition of the first level of success in the NFL?

If our GM has failed over the first five years of his six year contract to build a team that wins more games than it loses, and cannot make the playoffs even once over that stretch, then I would not expect than GM to be extended.  At best he goes into 2024 as a lame duck on the last year of his deal in a "prove it" year, make or break for him contractually.

Very few NFL Owners would reward a 5 year stint of extended losing/rebuilding with a new lucrative contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wut?  Um, isn't that the very definition of the first level of success in the NFL?

If our GM has failed over the first five years of his six year contract to build a team that wins more games than it loses, and cannot make the playoffs even once over that stretch, then I would not expect than GM to be extended.  At best he goes into 2024 as a lame duck on the last year of his deal in a "prove it" year, make or break for him contractually.

Very few NFL Owners would reward a 5 year stint of extended losing/rebuilding with a new lucrative contract.

Maybe the real rebuild hasn’t even started yet 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's August 16th and we've got threads proclaiming this team as the best in franchise history and others talking about firing the coach and the GM.  Unreal.  I'm going to reserve judgement on how good the team is and whether JD and/or Saleh will be here in 2024 until after some or all of the games are played.  That's not me being a jerk or me not understanding the purpose of a message board. It's just basic common sense and a modicum of intelligence.  

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's August 16th and we've got threads proclaiming this team as the best in franchise history and others talking about firing the coach and the GM.  Unreal.  I'm going to reserve judgement on how good the team is and whether JD and/or Saleh will be here in 2024 until after some or all of the games are played.  That's not me being a jerk or me not understanding the purpose of a message board. It's just basic common sense and a modicum of intelligence.  

With that big brain of yours, I would’ve thought you’d understand the concept of a conditional statement.

Hey Facts.  This is the greatest offseason since we traded for Brett Favre.  How did that turn out?  Rhetorical, I'll tell you how it worked out, We won the Thursday night SB against that Pats, that's how it turned out. 

When Eagles soar, crows die...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Facts said:

Uh, shouldn't we also wait a few games before we call this the best roster in Jets history?

Your bias is showing.

What bias? When did I ever mention anything about the roster. Check your facts, Facts. Neither you or I have any idea how this season will turn out, you are giving an opinion. Good, bad or great nobody knows how this year will start or end. Your act is tiresome. 

21 minutes ago, Facts said:

If losing 2 players derails an entire season then the roster is NOT loaded. It is devoid of depth.

Can't have it both ways.

Can't say this is the best roster in Jets history, but also if 2 players get injured, toast!

Let's hope it doesn't come to to that. Hopefully we're deeper this season at both positions

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Oh, sorry.

Forgot about our new offensive coordinator who was one of the biggest head-coaching failures in NFL history, who turned a Super Bowl winning QB into a shell of himself, and whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (the head coach in GB called plays - not Hackett).

Correct. So, not the “exact same.” 

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

With that big brain of yours, I would’ve thought you’d understand the concept of a conditional statement.

Whatever.  I'm a lawyer too, but I don't need to tell everyone every other time I post.  My legal training taught me that there are many outcomes to a scenario with many factors that determine that outcome. Your statement was conditional - if A then B.  If the Jets don't make the playoffs, heads should roll.  No other conditions other than the playoffs.  I just think it's a bit more complicated than that.  

But I get that you would have to admit that injuries and other factors that are not the fault of the GM or HC could lead to a season where the Jets just miss the playoffs, but the coaches do a good job and the GM still built a good roster.  And it seems pretty clear that the owner wanted the 40 year old QB on this team.  And I know you are never ever wrong, because you are a lawyer and you have the biggest brain and you are clearly smarter than everyone else here.  

• Sympathy 1
  • En Fuego 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I'm a realist.

Based on your avatar I'm assuming you've been a Jets fan for more than 10 years?  No realist subjects himself to the Jets.  Jets fans subject themselves to the Jets.  Fans are not realist.  They are either walking on air above the clouds or in the "mist of doom" (TM).  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Whatever.  I'm a lawyer too, but I don't need to tell everyone every other time I post.

You just did 

My legal training taught me that there are many outcomes to a scenario with many factors that determine that outcome. Your statement was conditional - if A then B.

You should re/check the post of yours that I was responding to. Legal training generally also teaches attention to detail. 

If the Jets don't make the playoffs, heads should roll.  No other conditions other than the playoffs.  I just think it's a bit more complicated than that.

Every Internet post doesn’t contain the entire thesis of one’s beliefs concerning a particular topic. You are being a nudge.

But I get that you would have to admit that injuries and other factors that are not the fault of the GM or HC could lead to a season where the Jets just miss the playoffs, but the coaches do a good job and the GM still built a good roster.

See above. The caveats would be longer than the posts if they were all enumerated just so people like you don’t try to play the most boring game on earth — subvert the substance of an argument in bad faith to score internet semantic gotcha points. 

And it seems pretty clear that the owner wanted the 40 year old QB on this team.  And I know you are never ever wrong, because you are a lawyer and you have the biggest brain and you are clearly smarter than everyone else here.  

I’m wrong plenty but not ever in a debate with you, no.

• En Fuego 1